LionBabe

Advice

20 posts in this topic

Hello and greetings TOB!

My name is Ophelia from Seattle.  I'm looking for suggestions for things to do and places to go while I'm in town!

Thanks for all of your help in advance!

OK, I'm married so I'm not going to be much help, but I cannot believe that this gorgeous lady posted this eight hours ago and it has been crickets ever since.  Isn't anyone going to offer to show her around town? Maybe, LB, you are getting some PMs, but folks, lets give her a little boost here.  It's Friday night!

My only bit of advice is look around in any coffee shop (except Starbucks), cozy café, convenience store, etc., until you find a newspaper called "Westword" which has the listings of all the clubs, bands, strip joints, bars, art openings, happenings-about-town, dispensaries, etc.  Might be helpful if you want to venture out on your own.

Art museums, Sushi Den, comedy & burlesque show in the Clock Tower. 

But yes Westword is a great source! 

Welcome beautiful! Allow me to apologize for a lack of the usual barrage of comments from our normal welcoming commitee. I think everyone is so engulfed in the general discussion forum that they've forgotten about our mostly drama free little Colorado forum.

I hope you have a wonderful visit. Be safe and reach out if you have any questions.

P.s. I'm a homebody up here in Longmont so I don't have much input regarding your request.

Edited by Cecilia

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here.  

2 hours ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

Art museums, Sushi Den, comedy & burlesque show in the Clock Tower. 

But yes Westword is a great source! 

I love going to the burlesque show at Lannies. Naughty Pierre's midnight madness..  :P:P:P:P:P

Pardon my manners Ophelia. Welcome to Colorado and Tob. There's a bar downtown called Ophelia's electric soapbox. What an awesome place and usually some great live music

Hi Ophelia and welcome to Denver and TOB.  Both are fun places to enjoy.  Lots to see and do.  The fantastic Denver Art Museum.  A sweet local music scene.  Fantabulous mountains (give Estes Park a try). And don't forget, some wonderful and fun folks in our TOB community.  Have a blast, explore, be safe and play hard.

15 hours ago, Juanmotai said:

I love going to the burlesque show at Lannies. Naughty Pierre's midnight madness..  :P:P:P:P:P

OOOOH That sounds JUST UP MY ALLEY!

Once life slows down a bit and I'm not traveling so much, I'd love to take up burlesque performing here in Seattle. I have several friends who perform.

Naughty Pierre haha sounds perfect for a birthday celebration!

3 hours ago, average1 said:

Hi Ophelia and welcome to Denver and TOB.  Both are fun places to enjoy.  Lots to see and do.  The fantastic Denver Art Museum.  A sweet local music scene.  Fantabulous mountains (give Estes Park a try). And don't forget, some wonderful and fun folks in our TOB community.  Have a blast, explore, be safe and play hard.

Thanks for the kind welcome, and all of the suggestions!

15 hours ago, Juanmotai said:

Pardon my manners Ophelia. Welcome to Colorado and Tob. There's a bar downtown called Ophelia's electric soapbox. What an awesome place and usually some great live music

:D THAT SOUNDS PERFECT!

19 hours ago, BadBoy said:

OK, I'm married so I'm not going to be much help, but I cannot believe that this gorgeous lady posted this eight hours ago and it has been crickets ever since.  Isn't anyone going to offer to show her around town? Maybe, LB, you are getting some PMs, but folks, lets give her a little boost here.  It's Friday night!

My only bit of advice is look around in any coffee shop (except Starbucks), cozy café, convenience store, etc., until you find a newspaper called "Westword" which has the listings of all the clubs, bands, strip joints, bars, art openings, happenings-about-town, dispensaries, etc.  Might be helpful if you want to venture out on your own.

Thank you Bad Boy! :) I'll keep my eyes out for the paper. It sounds similar to one we have here called The Stranger.

Enjoy Colorado and TOB!  

Back in its day, Ophelia’s Electric Soapbox used to be a bordello  😳

Denver central market. Zeppelin station. For food and drinks. 

Welcome dear,

I always enjoy the Cabaret personally speaking, the botanical gardens is also very gorgeous this time of year.

420 festival but I never been and can't go today but so want to

On 4/13/2018 at 9:27 AM, LionBabe said:

Hello and greetings TOB!

My name is Ophelia from Seattle.  I'm looking for suggestions for things to do and places to go while I'm in town!

Thanks for all of your help in advance!

Glad you made it safely. Have fun!

33 minutes ago, Chloeblue83 said:

420 festival but I never been and can't go today but so want to

There are certain subjects that are forbidden on TOB.  One of those is about what is happening downtown today.

Even though I'm very outgoing, I can be a little shy when visiting new places (Hello extroverted introverts!) , but so far everyone I've met in Denver- including the people at the grocery store, are so very polite!

It was a shock to walk out to the car this morning and be hit with all that powdery snow! lol In Seattle, our snow is very wet- like a 7-11 slurpee.

Is the event going through the weekend?