Weswander9

TOB is dead

58 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I used be on aspd.net in my 20s and i dont remember it being anything like I've heard eccie was.

So true! Aspd.net allowed strong moderation. The late owner, Bustygirl, was a member of the old asp Usenet group and she opened aspd.net in 1999. Moderation was strict because Amber had experienced a lot of bullying on the USENET newsgroup. Aspd moderators Dagwood and others had a heavy hand, because a handful of bullies could drive away ladies.

St. Christopher was a Dallas mod who preferred light moderation. As a result, the Dallas aspd board grew much faster than Austin or Houston. When St. Chris opened eccie and aspd closed when Bustygirl died, eccie membership was allowed to set the tone.

Many Dallas ladies preferred TER to the free-for-all on eccie. Alleged fake reviews and alerts were never rooted out and removed. Eccie ladies hated it, and lived in dread. The Dallas hobbyist had control of the board.

Edited by Diamond John

Hey Diamond John, if your intent from the moment you joined on Monday this week was to piss off everyone, you have succeeded.

14 hours ago, Weswander9 said:

Well, TOB is dead, so where to next?

this site is basically useless now...

If you feel that TOB is useless now, leave and don't let the door knob hit you where the good Lord split you.

Sorry, I cant be baited into personal conflicts.

There is no reason at all to have a listing for Busan Korea on TOB. Or any middle east country. The TOB site looks like it was designed in 1997 and frozen in time

Edited by Diamond John

9 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Coloradans are protective of their culture here, and they should be. Colorado is the most amazing, beautiful and chill state I've lived in. I'm a Dallas TX native that transplanted here 3 years ago. I remember visiting Austin Tx for the first time, and they had stickers and signs everywhere that said "Don't Dallas my Austin" I think thats the general feeling around here. "Don't Dallas our Colorado" TOB is Colorado.  The members are going to be protective. Also, i dont get treated as an arrogant Texan ever. We have many members who were born and raised in Texas that don't get this treatment. They get the some of highest recommendations from hobbiests and providers. We prefer showing the southern hospitality side of our Texas culture, and that does mesh well with most of the people I deal with in this hobby and on the board. I used be on aspd.net in my 20s and i dont remember it being anything like I've heard eccie was. That saddens me a little bit, but maybe in your eyes that makes me a snowflake. 😕

What she said!

7 hours ago, Diamond John said:

So true! Aspd.net allowed strong moderation. The late owner, Bustygirl, was a member of the old asp Usenet group and she opened aspd.net in 1999. Moderation was strict because Amber had experienced a lot of bullying on the USENET newsgroup. Aspd moderators Dagwood and others had a heavy hand, because a handful of bullies could drive away ladies.

St. Christopher was a Dallas mod who preferred light moderation. As a result, the Dallas aspd board grew much faster than Austin or Houston. When St. Chris opened eccie and aspd closed when Bustygirl died, eccie membership was allowed to set the tone.

Many Dallas ladies preferred TER to the free-for-all on eccie. Alleged fake reviews and alerts were never rooted out and removed. Eccie ladies hated it, and lived in dread. The Dallas hobbyist had control of the board.

I was sad to hear about Ambers passing, and ASPD shutting down. After being out of the hobby, and then coming back to see that backpage was the big thing, I was completely baffled. I was like wow, after 15 years, the hobby has gone this far backwards. When I started out, we were working to get OFF the backpage of the Dallas Observer and ON to more upscale sites like Eros to advertise.  There were so many awesome gentlemen in texas on aspd. I never had any issues getting screening info, way more info than i get now. No haggling. Its funny when I saw another Eccie poster say prices we're out of control. Back then I was charging 350 an hour with a 2 hour min, and that was late 90s early 2000's. I dont charge those rates today, and I see so many top providers here, and their rates are 250hr. I hope you guys find a way to make this site your home, without bringing the bad practices and bad actors of Eccie here, because I loved the vibe of aspd, and I absolutely love the vibe of TOB, and I would hate to see it turn into something unpleasant to be a part of. 

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

When I was born in CO the population was 2.2 million. The state was conservative and Republican. In 2050 Denver pop. est. to be 8million+. And liberals moving in turned it into snowflake Boulder. In college I worked on the Boulder Mall for the Parks Dept. Hippies, bums, snowflakes giving panhandlers money--and everywhere all these new residents building houses in mountains, til now I-70 is a traffic jam. CO is becoming CA.

Edited by Diamond John

2 hours ago, Diamond John said:

When I was born in CO the population was 2.2 million. The state was conservative and Republican. In 2050 Denver pop. est. to be 8million+. And liberals moving in turned it into snowflake Boulder. In college I worked on the Boulder Mall for the Parks Dept. Hippies, bums, snowflakes giving panhandlers money--and everywhere all these new residents building houses in mountains, til now I-70 is a traffic jam. CO is becoming CA.

Oh good, then you will be leaving us alone soon to get back to that fabulous Lone-Star State, partying with the mods, writing your 401st review.  Don't let the door hit you on the ass.

15 hours ago, Bravo1 said:

Put CO plates back on your car, you're supposed to do that within 30 days anyway. 

😂😂😂 or maybe they can't drive 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ thats why they get flipped off lol

WTF happened here?

all I meant was that this site is much less useful now and was looking for some other resource....but WTF happened? People start insulting me, as if they developed these pages, and then some batshit crazy argument about TX vs CO and somebody throwing around the stupid “co native” BS....

i know things are stressful, but some of you birches are straight-up nuts....

5 hours ago, Diamond John said:

1. When I was born in CO the population was 2.2 million. 2.The state was conservative and Republican. In 2050 Denver pop. est. to be 8million+. 3. And liberals moving in turned it into snowflake Boulder. In college I worked on the Boulder Mall for the Parks Dept. Hippies, bums, snowflakes giving panhandlers money--and everywhere all these new residents building houses in mountains, til now I-70 is a traffic jam. 4. CO is becoming CA.

1. That would make you born in 1970, during reign of John Love, republican

2. But prior to Love three out of the prior four governors were democrats. 

3. Brought on by the development at any cost, promote developers without making them pay true costs dyed in wool conservative republicans - as exemplified and perfected in COS (hey you might like it there!)

4. Cali really kicked into gear being Cali under Reagan and then the Terminator hmmmm both kinda republican.

So stay in (republican) Texas where you should be happier than a pig rolling in shit, but please if you are going to pontificate about us snowflakes in Colorado at least get your facts straight.  Otherwise your "I know everything" mystique you try to create will take a hit

22 hours ago, Weswander9 said:

Well, TOB is dead, so where to next?

this site is basically useless now...

Hit the road jack and don’t come back no more no more !!!!

6 minutes ago, Ilet sue said:

Hit the road jack and don’t come back no more no more !!!!

Ok...look at this trick here. This is what i’m Talking about. Why are you angry at me? Are you an engineer for this website? Are you a lawyer who wrote the new law?

Just a bunch of ghosts doing the horizontal salsa. 

I've lurked on many boards over the years and one that has consistently shown itself to be a community with helpful people is TOB. Thanks for the warm welcome and I'm not a regular poster to ANY board. I certainly hope it's not dead.

Nope....not dead.  Just changing.  There are too many good folks, ladies and gents, to let it die.  We'll survive and maybe, just maybe, find ways to have even more fun.  I just may take some extra effort and creativity, but it will be worth the extra effort.  Some of us may even learn who we can count on for help and support in our quest for adult fun.  A network of like minded and respectful people can adjust, be powerful and have a bunch of fun.  I'm in the glass half full camp with the belief we can still fill the glass to the rim with genuine community and have a blast doing it...in more ways than one.  ;)

2 hours ago, Diamond John said:

Try to follow along little Johnny.  2.2 million was 1970.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/206101/resident-population-in-colorado/

Love was gove 1970.  Now count back with me McNichols, Thornton, Johnson, Knous.  Did you get four, Johnny?  Very good! Now you are coming along, good work!!  And the last column - these four - how many democrats?  Now what did I say earlier?

https://www.nga.org/cms/home/governors/past-governors-bios/page_colorado.html

And to answer you question - google much? - only to get links to show fools when questioned by them.

And in the 1970 and earlier days Denver was a much, much larger percentage of the state population than today.  For extra credit to replace that bombed quiz, Johnny,  which county has the greatest population today? No ...... don't google now!!

3 hours ago, Diamond John said:

Sorry, nice try. google much do you? From 1955 to 1975 CO had 5 governors, only one of which was Democrat. CO rural counties were/are still predominantly Republican but Denver now decides for entire state  

3 hours ago, Diamond John said:

Sorry, nice try. google much do you? From 1955 to 1975 CO had 5 governors, only one of which was Democrat. CO rural counties were/are still predominantly Republican but Denver now decides for entire state  

How does that work? Denver has 680k people and the entire state is over 5 million. COS is at almost 500k and it’s incredibly conservative. That’s still several million people not accounted for in your argument. 

Or are you saying the people in the rural conservative areas simply don’t vote? It’s hard for me to imagine all of Denver is the reason the state voted Democrat and became a swing state. 

Even if you took Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, and Pueblo which is ~1 million people all of which aren’t voting dems or simply  ineligible to vote. But still those areas only account for 20% of the total population for the state. 

Help me understand. 

Edited by JoDoe27

2 hours ago, average1 said:

Nope....not dead.  Just changing.  There are too many good folks, ladies and gents, to let it die.  We'll survive and maybe, just maybe, find ways to have even more fun.  I just may take some extra effort and creativity, but it will be worth the extra effort.  Some of us may even learn who we can count on for help and support in our quest for adult fun.  A network of like minded and respectful people can adjust, be powerful and have a bunch of fun.  I'm in the glass half full camp with the belief we can still fill the glass to the rim with genuine community and have a blast doing it...in more ways than one.  ;)

Such a good man😘

Per the political comments here ... have to admit, the Democratic state government of Colorado has gone a little overboard in installing those INWARD FACING electrified fences and watchtowers on our borders, to forcibly prevent the Republicans here from moving to nearby states controlled by their party (Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma). Politics - it's a rough business.

7 hours ago, lonewolf842 said:

I am one of the ECCIE refugees but am a long time lurker here.  While I'll probably never be one with with core TOB clique I for one am humbled and grateful for everything the board admins and mods are doing to keep this ship afloat, and I thank you all for taking us in!

Now this is the way for a new member to introduce themselves.  

Welcome!

15 hours ago, lonewolf842 said:

I am one of the ECCIE refugees but am a long time lurker here.  While I'll probably never be one with with core TOB clique I for one am humbled and grateful for everything the board admins and mods are doing to keep this ship afloat, and I thank you all for taking us in!

Welcome lonewolf. I'm glad to have you here. I'm like you, I feel extremely grateful to TOB for working so hard to keep us all online. Best wishes. 💙

On 4/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, JoDoe27 said:

How does that work? Denver has 680k people and the entire state is over 5 million. COS is at almost 500k and it’s incredibly conservative. That’s still several million people not accounted for in your argument. 

Or are you saying the people in the rural conservative areas simply don’t vote? It’s hard for me to imagine all of Denver is the reason the state voted Democrat and became a swing state. 

Even if you took Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, and Pueblo which is ~1 million people all of which aren’t voting dems or simply  ineligible to vote. But still those areas only account for 20% of the total population for the state. 

Help me understand. 

COS isn't "incredibly conservative", that's the view that's pushed though.  It's actually more balanced than other cities its size.  Hell, the city council is controlled by Democrats.  If anything, it leans libertarian.

On 4/12/2018 at 6:45 PM, SultryKitten said:

Looks pretty lively to me!

Image result for holding a wiggling fish gif

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

A big ass Tarpon scared the living shit out of me on a night dive in the Cayman's once LOL!

2 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

COS isn't "incredibly conservative", that's the view that's pushed though.  It's actually more balanced than other cities its size.  Hell, the city council is controlled by Democrats.  If anything, it leans libertarian.

I disagree with you.  I lived mostly in CS until recently.  I just move to Denver about six months ago. CS very conservative not libertarian just plain old conservative.

I was heckled on ECCIE due to being a BBW. I had been a member of Aspd in it's final days and was on the site when it went dark. It was a site that has had no match since its passing.