Nina Rox

Tob Veteran and It's a Bright and New Day!

14 posts in this topic

What a great post and even better attitude.  

Nina Darling! Yes we are both 17 year vets. Others have come and gone. Remember the other day I told you, don’t worry, it’s going to be fine...and here we are! 

You see, TOB has always been our home! The highest caliber of gents were always from here and I trust that will not change! The community has been a tight one, and yet again we stand united and this time GRATEFUL! We’re going to be fine! 

Not everyone likes the rules that have been forced upon the Whisperer. Let’s however keep to the changes so can continue to keep our home! Don’t bitch and moan, adapt, or please just go away. 

21 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Nina Darling! Yes we are both 17 year vets. Others have come and gone. Remember the other day I told you, don’t worry, it’s going to be fine...and here we are! 

You see, TOB has always been our home! The highest caliber of gents were always from here and I trust that will not change! The community has been a tight one, and yet again we stand united and this time GRATEFUL! We’re going to be fine! 

Not everyone likes the rules that have been forced upon the Whisperer. Let’s however keep to the changes so can continue to keep our home! Don’t bitch and moan, adapt, or please just go away. 

Well said Melissa.

it reminds me of the Boy Scouts motto: “ Be prepared” 

and tbe Girl Scouts motto “ be better prepared than the Boy Scouts, they never bring the rubbers”😎

We can make this work still! This is a very special community and we will Endeavor to Persevere 👍🏼

Applogies to Chief Dan George,  movie, The Outlaw Joseph Wales.

2002 for me. Craigslist was my first online ad. I did the Oyster and fell in love with SoWet back in those early  days after moving to Denver. Remember those days well. Honestly, this whole conversation as well as few other threads on “nostalgia” Is so perfect and a beautiful example of how Mercury in Retrograde can have some very beautiful aspects too! Not just meyhem of communication problems! 

Another veteran here...I do remember Sowet and Bears board  fondly. My how things have changed through the years. Even though I am not real happy with some of the changes with the review board and not being able to post text in our ads I am very grateful that we ladies have a place to post our ads on. So today is a good day to be as ASP  in Colorado:) Thank you to the moderators for doing what they can to keep TOB up and alive.

Edited by Nicholeofdenver

3 hours ago, Sexy Francesca said:

I also remember those chat room days from way back 

my first photo shoot was by a older sweet gentleman calling himself Bear lol

I was so “wet behind the ears” back then :) ... then it shut down and I found my way here 

Thanks for helping along the way, amazing guys and girls of this community xoxo

It is so hard for those of us who don’t hate our lifestyle and who play here by choice... fingers crossed 🤞 xoxo

Yes Bear was a real sweetheart..I miss him dearly.  He was a good friend of mine and helped me quite a bit with pictures and such.

I have been off line for awhile, health and other reasons.  I come back and chat rooms are nostalgic and ads are a mystery.  Am I too old to figure out the brave new world.  I will try

7 minutes ago, Sexy Francesca said:

I feel like this too lol but we can do it!!!

Technical evolution 😋

16444594-human-evolution-from-ape-to-man

Been very surprised on how many ladies that I met back in the Oyster days ,have migrated over to TOB. Thought they had retired.

I started my hobbying on CL and BP. Had lot of bad experiences on those sites. Been ripped off and even got robbed at knife point by a pimp.

This site's given me a safe place to connect with ladies and avoid bad experiences.

It is great to see a post that speaks of a greater future with a positive attitude. Keep up positive thoughts as I feel confident the things will evolve and become effective for all again.

On 4/12/2018 at 7:55 AM, a_happycamper_12 said:

Well said Melissa.

it reminds me of the Boy Scouts motto: “ Be prepared” 

and tbe Girl Scouts motto “ be better prepared than the Boy Scouts, they never bring the rubbers”😎

We can make this work still! This is a very special community and we will Endeavor to Persevere 👍🏼

Applogies to Chief Dan George,  movie, The Outlaw Joseph Wales.

Meant Outlaw Josey not Joseph, dumb auto correct 😎

On 4/11/2018 at 10:31 PM, Nina Rox said:

As a 17yr member of this board, ( yes…. 17 :eek: ), Tob has always been my favorite flavor; Integrity, security, class, protocol and safety for all. Me and only a few other old timers and veterans remaining on here remember the days of ‘The Oyster’, ‘SoWet’, and ‘BearsBoard’. When TOB was blue and had that pesky ‘read count’ by the ad showing how many reads an ad had for the day…it was such a relief that there was a feature to turn that off! Lol. Where one could slip into the ‘chat room’ when bored and watch the rukus unfold over a dropped ‘whisper/private chat’ for all to read. LOL. 

It was 2001, 6 months after my first hobby time, joining TOB as the ‘new kid on the block’…excited, intrigued, and fearless I was quickly embraced and vetted by the then local and regular studs of TOB. Some long gone and some still hovering and carrying on (good to see  :wub: ).

It’s a new day. For some of us, who have evolved along with TOB through the years, it is indeed a new climate and at the end of the day, TOB operations team has done an outstanding job working within new parameters available, preserving what has always been a great fun and adventurous forum and leading the way forward. Creating the best scenario and anticipated outcome. Good job TOB management and thank you sincerely! And with much pleasure and gratitude ……Carry on.

Wow. I never even knew you before reading your post but you, my'lady, are my hero!