Diamond John

Ideas to Make TOB Easier to Navigate for New Texas Members

56 posts in this topic

I'm in Dallas now, but grew up in Denver in the 1970s and 1980s. When I visit Colorado, I've always lurked on TOB. With Eccie gone for good, many Texans are going to join TOB, because TNAboard doesn't have a Texas forum. TOB is it. When I grew up, some in Colorado didn't like Texans. So please don't beat me up because I'm a Coloradan in Texas. I want to suggest some ideas to make it easier to navigate TOB for a Texan. Eccie had 27,000 views per day, and 97% of those views were in the Dallas forum according to a web stats site. So there could be many new members from TX. So far, it looks like TOB wants new members. So...

First, the TOB homepage says "Colorado Profiles, Reviews" etc. RIght there, whey does it have to say Colorado? Because when you enter the site, the first thing you have to do is choose a city forum in the US. It's not immediately clear to a Texan that there is even a Texas forum. You have to scroll down a boring list. And then...

Why are there city forums in every country just about in the World? Why is there a forum in Korea for 5 different cities--and yet there has never been a post in most of the international forums. Yet Texas, with Houston, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio, Texas doesn't even get it's own Dallas forum?

And perhaps the list could be shrunk so that its easy to find the Texas forum?

Any other ideas? Fire away--remember though, I love Colorado as must as I love Texas :)

I'll  be back in Texas soon I've given a good client there the site info and a reference but I went to check on listing and u can't list there or anywhere else but Colorado so I'm worrying about when I get back for sure,but I'm spreading the word to good guys for sure

Wow. I mean really...wow. With the recent goings on, the suggestion to over-haul TOB to make it more convenient for you just boggles the mind.

I can say this though I hope Texas guys don't try Tob like they ran there mouths on eccie this site is the best ever and eccie didn't let me enjoy the hobby at all

16 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Wow. I mean really...wow. With the recent goings on, the suggestion to over-haul TOB to make it more convenient for you just boggles the mind.

Not over-haul it for me--but make it easier to navigate for new members that TOB says it welcomes. For example, why is there no forum for Dallas, TX--but there is a forum for Busan, Korea? There has never been a post in the Korean forums. And why does the TOB homepage say TOB is a Colorado forum, then the next page takes you to a page with a long, dull list of states and countries that you have to scroll down through to find your forum.

As a Colorado forum TOB serves you well. But if TOB wants Texas membership, then entertain some suggestions to improve site navigability. 27,000 ex-eccie members are looking for a forum. Busan, Korea isn't.

For example, after you enter TOB, you get a page that says "Choose a City--TheOtherBoard is an adult dating..." But when you choose a city like Dallas, TX--you get a page that says "No Listings." And that's because TOB only allows listings(ads) in Colorado. So why make it hard for newbies to find their forum in Texas. Most are going to "Choose a City" and get nothing for the click. So why not do away with that page, and take new members to an easy to find list of popular cities--like Dallas?

Edited by Diamond John

7 minutes ago, Diamond John said:

Not over-haul it for me--but make it easier to navigate for new members that TOB says it welcomes. For example, why is there no forum for Dallas, TX--but there is a forum for Busan, Korea? There has never been a post in the Korean forums. And why does the TOB homepage say TOB is a Colorado forum, then the next page takes you to a page with a long, dull list of states and countries that you have to scroll down through to find your forum.

As a Colorado forum TOB serves you well. But if TOB wants Texas membership, then entertain some suggestions to improve site navigability. 27,000 ex-eccie members are looking for a forum. Busan, Korea isn't.

This is why I could never be a Moderator.......your post would really piss me off. No doubt the Mods are slammed with influx, changes, questions. Now here you are pushing for changes...." if TOB wants Texas memberships".......Yes, I'm sure the enormous financial benefits of the free memberships is highly motivating. Perhaps the owners of TOB should dash out and buy a couple dozen bigger, newer servers to handle those 27,000 folks. Maybe the ladies can all band together and offer Lone Star State discounts. Try some patience D.J....... Yikes dude....

Admiral C--I'm a Colorado native, and Texas has been good to Colorado ladies who come here, and vice-versa. TOB isn't well-designed for non-Coloradans. TOB will make up it's own mind--I like TOB when I visit Colorado. But Texans aren't going to like clicking the Dallas, TX link on the first page only to find "0 Listings". If ads are only allowed in Colorado then what's the point of that listing page?

22 minutes ago, Diamond John said:

Admiral C--I'm a Colorado native, and Texas has been good to Colorado ladies who come here, and vice-versa. TOB isn't well-designed for non-Coloradans. TOB will make up it's own mind--I like TOB when I visit Colorado. But Texans aren't going to like clicking the Dallas, TX link on the first page only to find "0 Listings". If ads are only allowed in Colorado then what's the point of that listing page?

TOB is going through a lot of changes everyday so I'm sure there will be a new design soon that won't list other states at all. Right now they are probably just taking the listings down and eventually they will just cut them out the site completely. My only suggestion would be to browse the site while you can and pick out a few ladies that spark interest and save their contact info. We are all going through a very stressful change right now and are trying to figure everything out. Best of luck to you. 

Cali 🌹

Thanks Cali, will do. BTW, I'm a member of P411 and I see that all my favorite Denver ladies are still there. But I just attempted to post a review at TER using my VPN, and I was disappointed to see that TER has now erased every USA Provider and Review from their board. Sad.

6 minutes ago, Diamond John said:

Thanks Cali, will do. BTW, I'm a member of P411 and I see that all my favorite Denver ladies are still there. But I just attempted to post a review at TER using my VPN, and I was disappointed to see that TER has now erased every USA Provider and Review from their board. Sad.

Yes I found out about that today from one of my fellow providers on Twitter. They have completely blocked the US from using the site at all. 😢 Have you signed up for Switter yet? 

I think you need to be patient there is no listing in Texas cuz for a reason we need to be respectful and  be supportive they will do the right thing just be patient...

Not impatient--just making respectful suggestions.

Right now, at this moment, in the USA, TOB is the only forum anywhere that has provider reviews still online. Even TNA removed all comments in the reviews. So hoping for the best with FOSTA about to be signed into law by Trump tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Diamond John said:

Not impatient--just making respectful suggestions.

Right now, at this moment, in the USA, TOB is the only forum anywhere that has provider reviews still online. Even TNA removed all comments in the reviews. So hoping for the best with FOSTA about to be signed into law by Trump tomorrow.

I've read that they've moved that to the 17th, so a lot can happen in 6 days 🤷🏼‍♀️ (Just being optimistic 😊)

7 hours ago, Diamond John said:

I'm in Dallas now, but grew up in Denver in the 1970s and 1980s. When I visit Colorado, I've always lurked on TOB. With Eccie gone for good, many Texans are going to join TOB, because TNAboard doesn't have a Texas forum. TOB is it. When I grew up, some in Colorado didn't like Texans. So please don't beat me up because I'm a Coloradan in Texas. I want to suggest some ideas to make it easier to navigate TOB for a Texan. Eccie had 27,000 views per day, and 97% of those views were in the Dallas forum according to a web stats site. So there could be many new members from TX. So far, it looks like TOB wants new members. So...

First, the TOB homepage says "Colorado Profiles, Reviews" etc. RIght there, whey does it have to say Colorado? Because when you enter the site, the first thing you have to do is choose a city forum in the US. It's not immediately clear to a Texan that there is even a Texas forum. You have to scroll down a boring list. And then...

Why are there city forums in every country just about in the World? Why is there a forum in Korea for 5 different cities--and yet there has never been a post in most of the international forums. Yet Texas, with Houston, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio, Texas doesn't even get it's own Dallas forum?

And perhaps the list could be shrunk so that its easy to find the Texas forum?

Any other ideas? Fire away--remember though, I love Colorado as must as I love Texas :)

http://ourhome2.net/ is a Texas site with current ads and reviews.  

7 hours ago, Chloeblue83 said:

I can say this though I hope Texas guys don't try Tob like they ran there mouths on eccie this site is the best ever and eccie didn't let me enjoy the hobby at all

This is exactly where I would never tour in Texas.  I have only heard awful things about the eccie guys in Texas.  TOB has decided not to to welcome them in.... After this post, I think that was a good choice. 

ASPD and ECCIE member femalehobbyist here and it really is devastating that ECCIE has closed and without any warning. 

This thread just reeks of entitlement and reminds me of how much litter there now is all over Colorado. Also how all the parks are vandalized because everyone wants to leave their mark.  

We should all be grateful for what we currently have to work with and utilize the pm’s to directly connect with companions in areas that do not have listings  

Eh. It is what it is.

From a different angle, ECCIE was terrible for same reason: had to scroll through a whole list of other places to get to Denver, and the  it was not well organized, yada yada yada. Not welcoming to layout for those not in TX.

Add: one can always start their own board and dial it in just the way they want it.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

12 minutes ago, Laci French said:

This thread just reeks of entitlement and reminds me of how much litter there now is all over Colorado. Also how all the parks are vandalized because everyone wants to leave their mark.  

Totally agree there is too much me going on and way short on helping others. When times are difficult as they are we should be trying to help those that need it to find the work they need to feed themselves and their families. Sharing knowledge to help someone find what they need is not a wasted effort

2 minutes ago, Laci French said:

This is our home and we’ve invited you all to come live with us, just don’t start telling us we need to remodel.  Decorate your room however you want. 

I couldn’t have said it better.

9 minutes ago, Laci French said:

ASPD and ECCIE member femalehobbyist here and it really is devastating that ECCIE has closed and without any warning. 

We should all be grateful for what we currently have to work with and utilize the pm’s to directly connect with companions in areas that do not have listings  

8 hours ago, Chloeblue83 said:

59 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

This is exactly where I would never tour in Texas.  I have only heard awful things about the eccie guys in Texas.  TOB has decided not to to welcome them in.... After this post, I think that was a good choice. 

59 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

I agree with the statements here. I am a Dallas guy that was an Eccie member for years and I have been welcomed in the community. I appreciated Eccie as  a site that had at least some honest reviews, info share and some hobby related discussions. But as has been pointed out, there were many bad apples and for the most part, Eccie was a site platform for pimp/facilitator reviews, agendas and most discussion threads turned into bickering, name calling and circular logic drama. The bad part was that the mods not only allowed it to fester, from some of their posts, they fed into and encouraged it. 

The reality is, most guys anywhere are looking to get the most service for the least amount and vice versa, most ladies are looking to do the least service for the most amount. However, no guy wants to take a shot in the dark and hope that he has a good time with a provider that has pretty pics. And no provider wants to be haggled or feel uncomfortable. There has to be a happy medium.

If you notice at the top of every forum is a statement that says "Listings will only be available in the State of Colorado."  

There's a lot of good to be said about isolating TOB from Texas and other states--keeping it Colorado-centric. There's no good reason to invite Texas, California, Korea to post at TOB if listings aren't allowed in local forums. 

All large online communities like eccie (27,000 visitors per day) will have its share of problems.

However, FOSTA was just signed into law by Trump. Eccie had to close (as did TER USA) because eccie's owner knew what eccie was about. The keyword in the FOSTA law is "knowingly." (I've read the text of FOSTA and the entire AG indictment of BP). If a site owner knows what's going on all it takes now is the state AG sending a letter to a board owner to desist and poof the board is gone. 

As for Eccie being full of bad actors--it was also full of good hobbyists who used it and P4 to create a thriving community that many CO ladies joined  

So by all means keep TOB local. Ive used TOB since 2007 (never joined). But make the decision soon.

Edited by Diamond John

4 minutes ago, Diamond John said:

"If a site owner knows what's hoing on ..."

Freudian slip??

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

This is our home and we’ve invited you all to come live with us, just don’t start telling us we need to remodel.  Decorate your room however you want. 

Perfectly stated!

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

Love it!

Many years ago I used ASPD/Austin with great results. But ECCIE/Austin was where the clients’ “rate boycott” started.  More recently I have used ECCIE/S-TX.  It took quite awhile to be accepted into the community, split between the pimps who had been in control and new management.  While ECCIE did include other areas, it was focused on TX. My attempts at ECCIE/Denver were mixed; many there had been evicted for one reason or another from other Denver boards. 

TOB has always been a Denver-centric board.  For my 2cents, just drop the other communities, especially if they’re going to complain about how things have worked for years. I’m sorry that their local boards caved, but I’d rather have a local board which does not draw too much national attention and survives, than a replacement for all the now defunct boards.  Remember, OPPORTUNITY often comes with DANGER!

2 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I’d rather have a local board which does not draw too much national attention and survives, than a replacement for all the now defunct boards.  Remember, OPPORTUNITY often comes with DANGER!

Well said... FOSTA was motivated by  the attention given to BP. The Texas AG has probably never heard of TOB.