rachelsonoma

Get a VPN if you don't have one

16 posts in this topic

I have been on TER even tho it is supposedly not accessible in the U.S. I have a VPN on my phone and laptop. Mine is called Golden Frog, but there are many others. What I did was to set my VPN to go directly to a server in another country. This is easy to do.Then I got into TER. Only their U.S. ads are down. Everything else is still up.

I paid for Golden Frog, but there is a free version. I recommend paying because sometimes free stuff is snoopy. Now, privacy is more important than ever. Also. it's a good idea to read thu their agreement to see if you're comfortable with how they treat your info.

If you have a VPN that you are happy with, please share.

But what use is it to get on TER now?  I ask in all seriousness because to me that just seems like a waste of time. 

Hey Rachel!!

I was wondering the same thing. Like would it be worth it to get back on there? Without ads... also, is this really a movement that a lot of hobbyists will put time into?

What a confusing time this is.

MH

Some are using it to get their reviews. I don't care to as some of the info on there they grabbed from sites that had incorrect data, and they wouldn't change it. I will be copying other reviews though. I have also backed up all my info from other areas even my website. Might be a wise idea to do in case you need anything.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Confusing times. Hope and pray there will be alternative routes in the near future for all of us! 

These days, whether your're trying to access a geo-blocked site or not, using a VPN is just a good general internet security practice.  Between ISP snooping, hackers, and oppressive governments, VPNs are a good line of defense. 

Easy way to save your reviews (from ToB), but you need to have the ability to print or save to PDF (there are free programs out there, or get a 30 day trial of a PDF writer).  Go to your profile, expand all your reviews so they are visible, then print or save to PDF.  

1 minute ago, JAGCS said:

Easy way to save your reviews (from ToB), but you need to have the ability to print or save to PDF (there are free programs out there, or get a 30 day trial of a PDF writer).  Go to your profile, expand all your reviews so they are visible, then print or save to PDF.  

I screen shot on the iMac 65 for somebody yesterday. Lots of space but I got TB's to spare. PDF995 is free and good, and only cost $10 to get rid of the pop up ads. 

1 hour ago, SultryKitten said:

Some are using it to get their reviews. I don't care to as some of the info on there they grabbed from sites that had incorrect data, and they wouldn't change it. I will be copying other reviews though. I have also backed up all my info from other areas even my website. Might be a wise idea to do in case you need anything.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Yeah I lost the details of my TNA reviews on their site but luckily I copied them onto my website on a news feed. I would highly recommend for any of the ladies to add a newsfeed to your site with screenshots and review info. 

Re: PDFs: if on a Mac, can print directly to PDF. 

Believe Chrome has ability to print to PDF as well.

But for the sake of grabbing/saving reviews, screen grabs are probably the way to go, especially for posting them on one's website (png, jpg, gif).

3 hours ago, Laci French said:

But what use is it to get on TER now?  I ask in all seriousness because to me that just seems like a waste of time. 

It depends on where most of your clients are coming from. This info is extremely useful here in Vegas because of all of the International visitors we get. 

I'd recommend Ivacy or AIRvpn or NORDvpn.

Epic Privacy browser is a browser that has a built-in VPN (kind of an TOR alternative).

13 hours ago, MOCHA said:

I'd recommend Ivacy or AIRvpn or NORDvpn.

Epic Privacy browser is a browser that has a built-in VPN (kind of an TOR alternative).

Nord is one of the best I've tested, comes with full VPN clients for Mac/PC/Linux/iPhone/Android, and even just plugins for Chrome browsers if you don't need a full VPN experience.

I use Private internet access for my VPN. 

20 hours ago, rachelsonoma said:

What I did was to set my VPN to go directly to a server in another country. This is easy to do.Then I got into TER. Only their U.S. ads are down. Everything else is still up.

Take the TER hint , its not what country the server is in....its where the ads originate from.