Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishndude57

Remembering My Hero, Dr. Martin Luther King

9 posts in this topic

It was 50 years ago today that Dr. King was murdered, and I think it is a good time to remember him, his accomplishments and his legacy.  Sincerely, he is my hero in so many ways, I actually have a large portrait in my living room of him.  To beat the naysayers to the punch:  Another reason that I discovered later in life to admire him is that he demonstrated that you can cheat on your wife and still be a great person.  His last speech (as a reminder, he was in Memphis to support a public workers strike that was being illegally suppressed):

Edited by BadBoy

A lot of folks remember him as a civil rights activist and think of him as a guy who was working for African-American rights, but he was really a total non-racist and wanted to achieve civil rights for everyone, so he worked just as hard for poor whites as blacks.  Many of the sanitation workers he was in Memphis to support were white.  His was really a social justice crusade and I am inspired every day as I walk past his picture on my way to work.

“Not fearing any man”

In his words Martin Luther King lived and died not fearing any man.

I don’t have Hero’s per se, I do have what I call “The Man” list. It actually has more women on it than men but a solid mix of people doing the right thing at the right time for no reason except that it is the right thing to do. Martin Luther King is at the top of my list. 

Our culture has thousands of ministers leading churches, few do as much as what Rev. King did.

How this relates to banging hookers is anyone's guess.;)

58 minutes ago, 2Big said:

How this relates to banging hookers is anyone's guess.;)

I guess it doesn't actually.  Good to hear from you, big guy.