Everhard

Marketing

11 posts in this topic

I know that a lot of boards have shut down their advertising section. I notice on several of them that have done so, you can still get to profiles and such by clicking on a provider's name when they start a thread in a forum section. So, if you are a provider, why would you not simply start a thread asking about the area as you will be "visiting next week", or something similar. Guys are smart enough to know what you really mean.

I keep thinking of that scene from Jurassic Park with Jeff Goldblum. 

Edited by Everhard

9 minutes ago, Everhard said:

So, if you are a provider, why would you not simply start a thread asking about the area as you will be "visiting next week", or something similar. 

Providers aren't suppose to promote themselves on the discussion boards. Its against the rules. 

5 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Providers aren't suppose to promote themselves on the discussion boards. Its against the rules. 

Correct. But it is not promoting if you are truly asking about things to do or similar.

25 minutes ago, Everhard said:

Guys are smart enough to know what you really mean.

So are the mods...

they do promote themselves every time they ask what is your fav restraunts or place to stay etc

Visiting ladies pull it off 😂😂

Just by simply engaging yourself in the discussion threads you're promoting yourself, whether intentional or not. I think it's awesome when the ladies participate in the threads. I very rarely, if ever, go look at the ads/listings, section. If I look at a ladies listing/ad, it's most likely because she was active in a discussion somewhere. I know I can't be the only dude here who does that. If you ladies make yourself more visible by participating in the forums, you're basically self promoting in a way that doesn't break any rules. :D

10 minutes ago, Juanmotai said:

Just by simply engaging yourself in the discussion threads you're promoting yourself, whether intentional or not. I think it's awesome when the ladies participate in the threads. I very rarely, if ever, go look at the ads/listings, section. If I look at a ladies listing/ad, it's most likely because she was active in a discussion somewhere. I know I can't be the only dude here who does that. If you ladies make yourself more visible by participating in the forums, you're basically self promoting in a way that doesn't break any rules. :D

You definitely are not alone. I have seen many clients who come in and say they decided to see me based on my comments. This can also be a double edge sword though, because I also run the risk of clients deciding NOT to see me based on my opinions. I'm sure this has happened too. Sometimes, I choose not to respond honestly when I would like to, and sometimes I choose to participate in the discussion and cross my fingers. Lol. I do find my opinions attract clients I enjoy spending my time with though. 

20 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

You definitely are not alone. I have seen many clients who come in and say they decided to see me based on my comments. This can also be a double edge sword though, because I also run the risk of clients deciding NOT to see me based on my opinions. I'm sure this has happened too. Sometimes, I choose not to respond honestly when I would like to, and sometimes I choose to participate in the discussion and cross my fingers. Lol. I do find my opinions attract clients I enjoy spending my time with though. 

That's called being a grown up, Miss Hunter ;) --Sometimes, I choose not to respond honestly

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

So you find your sessions are better with like minded individuals? 😉

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

It works both ways, Hunter.  I think it has been about three times when I have gotten close to finalizing an appointment (with my P441 handle, which is not "BadBoy") and they check my reviews and find out that I am indeed BadBoy.  I got cancelled on, post fuckin' haste, due either to an opinion I expressed or knowledge that they obtained from posts.  I think this is a good thing, because I would rather they find out what I am like before I spend the $$$.  I probably would not have enjoyed them.

The reason that this is not distressing is I have had far more successful dates that sprang from discussions where we really enjoyed each others' posts or PMs and after some time that developed into an actual date, and those have been some of the most fun encounters since we already know each other a bit.