AbbyS

It is quite quiet in here

8 posts in this topic

That's somewhat unfortunate. 

What are you favorite places to go and things to do in Las Vegas? 

I personally love to hike, we have such great places around here that no one seems to think about very much. :) 

- Abby 

6 hours ago, AbbyS said:

I personally love to hike, we have such great places around here that no one seems to think about very much. :)

Red Rock Canyon on a weekday is always enjoyable. I would recommend Ice Box Canyon Trail appropriately name on a hot Las Vegas day.......

Red rock is fantastic. Ice Box is one of the coolest trails around. (pun intended) 

+1 for a good hike. All of the ones mentioned are great, but for something a bit more rugged and quiet, I like to get out to the Sheep Mountains (due north) and explore the Old Mormon Trail. 

Not rugged and short is the hike to the Sloan Canyon petroglyphs. Near the painted rock Stonehenge art thing at 15 & St Rose. Really nice petroglyph site and the new access road makes the drive to it hella smooth vs the old filling rattler goat path of a road. Also a pretty good petroglyph site outside of Laughlin that, unfortunately, can't recall right now exactly where it is.

On the macbre end of things, have always wanted to hike up to the Carole Lombard crash site and see the debris that is still up there.

I second Sloan Canyon. It's just so peaceful keeping your eyes open for different petroglyphs, and it tends to be less busy than other areas like Red Rock. I feel like I always see something new every time I go! 

On 4/4/2018 at 10:25 AM, AbbyS said:

That's somewhat unfortunate. 

What are you favorite places to go and things to do in Las Vegas? 

- Abby 

I simply love to visit Vegas. I would probably land myself in a hospital if I lived there. I never get the chance to visit the mountains because I come in at 9 am LOL and sleep until 6 pm. Its a revolving cycle with me. Oh jeez, I didn't even answer the question. My favorite things to do in Vegas that I can mention are:  people watching/MGM/HardRock/T-Mobile Arena.....