Denver303

Interesting article. Thoughts?

8 posts in this topic

I read this a few times and obviously from a male perspective I am probably missing something. I didn't know trying to strike up a conversation was such a jerk thing to do....

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/evqzq4/what-being-a-sex-worker-taught-me-about-men

I think it's very enlightening.  Whenever an ASP can provide some perspective on how it works on their end, I can get a better knowledge of myself... a good thing, right? The #MeToo movement has definitely made me open my eyes to how women are often times treated, and, as a horny male, I must re-examine all of my approaches to sex and intimacy.  I'm always trying to think about the Golden Rule - treat others as you would have them treat you.  Empathy is a characteristic that we ALL need to develop in ourselves.... 

Be nice.

5 hours ago, acmb2017 said:

I read this a few times and obviously from a male perspective I am probably missing something. I didn't know trying to strike up a conversation was such a jerk thing to do....

Striking up a conversation -  "More than dances, they wanted me to sit silently and listen while they complained about their jobs or talked shit about an ex. I was therapist, marriage counselor, career advisor, priest."

5 hours ago, acmb2017 said:

It's generally not a hangable offense, but this is a pretty angry person.  

5 hours ago, lintlizard said:

he #MeToo movement has definitely made me open my eyes to how women are often times treated, and, as a horny male, I must re-examine all of my approaches to sex and intimacy. 

Thank you. I appreciate, and echo, your thoughts. :)