BadBoy

Let's Talk About Switter

108 posts in this topic

Ok, Ive been reluctant. As I dont Tweet, hate to text and prefer a more authentic mode of communication but these times they are a changing. So here I go...

@TantraErica

So far, it has been a bit of a challenge even getting an account fired up. Many errors on their end. I expect they're dealing with many new users and sign-ups. Patience in the time of change, eh...

Please be aware that your posts on Switter are totally public information.  For example, I googled my Switter handle and all three of my public posts popped right up - anyone in the world can see them.  This is not true of my Switter profile, my boosts, my private messages, etc., just the general "posts."  Might not make any difference to you, but I thought you would want to know.

16 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Please be aware that your posts on Switter are totally public information.  For example, I googled my Switter handle and all three of my public posts popped right up - anyone in the world can see them.  This is not true of my Switter profile, my boosts, my private messages, etc., just the general "posts."  Might not make any difference to you, but I thought you would want to know.

I think I’ll pass on Switter, thanks.

I've been playing with Switter, following and being followed. I don't mean to be negative but I'm wondering if it's going to work in the long term. It's like Twitter in it's design and operations but, so far, without the fun of real interaction. Basically it's all about ads being posted once and again.

We have the same users and the same information Twitter but with the addition of the fun of knowing a little bit about the real life of the people like the pictures of their dog doing something funny, a fancy gift they received from a enthusiastic client or just a comment about being bored on any given moment.

...Just an opinion, let's see how it develops :) 

54 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

It's like Twitter in it's design and operations but, so far, without the fun of real interaction. Basically it's all about ads being posted once and again.

Eh. Basically like Backpage?

To be fair, it's something between Backpage and boards like TOB. Since Switter is international, will probably never have the hominess that TOB has.

And in this current environment, just be glad that the ladies and clients have another option for hooking up, no matter the perceived flaws.

It was a little confusing at first but I think I kinda like it. 

I don't like sh-switter at all. Nothing will replace review boards. Glory days of h.*bby are gone. I visited Shotgun Willes last night. Out of work ladies returning to clubs like it was 1988. Mongers will return to clubs and avoid online forums other than non USA sites like P4 and EM. Boards like TOB wont grow membership--nothing to do here. A clique will act as bullies on a h*bby board.  Wonder why the owner even bothers. Almost no traffic here. Ditto Switto

TOB is very feminine-focused. If I want that I'll watch The View

Edited by Diamond John

Just can’t get that same loving feeling from switter as I get with twitter.  Maybe an attitude adjustment is needed😂

9 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Just can’t get that same loving feeling from switter as I get with twitter.  Maybe an attitude adjustment is needed😂

😂😂😂😂😂 post your switter in a tweet and bring your followers to the dark side!

5 hours ago, Diamond John said:

I don't like sh-switter at all. Nothing will replace review boards. Glory days of h.*bby are gone. I visited Shotgun Willes last night. Out of work ladies returning to clubs like it was 1988. Mongers will return to clubs and avoid online forums other than non USA sites like P4 and EM. Boards like TOB wont grow membership--nothing to do here. A clique will act as bullies on a h*bby board.  Wonder why the owner even bothers. Almost no traffic here. Ditto Switto

Why are you still here?  I know eccie allowed you men to ruin that site, that was their problem, not ours.  Go find your Russian lady at your vip club.

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

Switter is just not the same as twitter. I believe that switter is strictly for advertising instead of the social interaction we can get on twitter

8 hours ago, Diamond John said:

A song for you:

[Verse One]
Every man wants to be a macho macho man
To have the kind of body, always in demand
Jogging in the mornings, go man go
Work outs in the health spa, muscles glow
You can best believe that, he's a macho man
Ready to get down with, anyone he can

[Verse Two]

[Verse 2]
You can tell a macho, he has a funky walk
His western shirts and leather, always look so boss
Funky with his body, he's a king
Call him Mister Eagle, dig his chains
You can best believe that, he's a macho man
Likes to be the leader, he never dresses grand

[etc]

Edited by N6_in_the_village

18 hours ago, Diamond John said:

You keep promising that you are going to leave, and yet you never do. You are like a bad rash, irritating as hell with no apparent cure.

On 4/21/2018 at 7:27 AM, Laci French said:

Yeah, it needs time to get through the growing pains.  A community like that becomes what it's users make of it.  You just need to take the time to prune and weed out the issues, and then get around to creating what you want your space to be.

If anything, switter is critically important for one thing:  It's in the news.  People are hearing about it, and most importantly why it was created.  Part of that story being the phenomenal growth and heavy usage can only help people realize this should be the new normal.

There's a story on Fox News right now about some politician something or other in Florida just got busted for being a john and paying the bills of two girls he saw regularly.  What gives me hope is that at the bottom of the story is the scrolling by comments the echo chamber spews.  While your typical "Oh look it's GOP hypocrite" or whatever scrolls by, about half the comments I saw were "It shouldn't be a crime," "If he didn't use county funds there's no issue," and "It's consensual, let him go!" were about half the comments.  That amount of positive comments wouldn't have happened a year ago.

3 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Yeah, it needs time to get through the growing pains.  A community like that becomes what it's users make of it.  You just need to take the time to prune and weed out the issues, and then get around to creating what you want your space to be.

If anything, switter is critically important for one thing:  It's in the news.  People are hearing about it, and most importantly why it was created.  Part of that story being the phenomenal growth and heavy usage can only help people realize this should be the new normal.

There's a story on Fox News right now about some politician something or other in Florida just got busted for being a john and paying the bills of two girls he saw regularly.  What gives me hope is that at the bottom of the story is the scrolling by comments the echo chamber spews.  While your typical "Oh look it's GOP hypocrite" or whatever scrolls by, about half the comments I saw were "It shouldn't be a crime," "If he didn't use county funds there's no issue," and "It's consensual, let him go!" were about half the comments.  That amount of positive comments wouldn't have happened a year ago.

The thing with any of the boards and sites is getting acquainted. Just like visiting a new city. You ask questions, observe customs, find friends and make your way. With switter, you need to learn a new interface, it's not quite twitter and not quite anything else, but it's not so unfamiliar either. It's got hash tags, so learn how to search for topics that are interesting and see what others do. Find people you recognize and see who they are following and who follows them and see what they post and what they tag. 

Eventually, your stream will fill with things you find interesting. If you're seeing stuff you don't like, click the ellipsis and mute or block. I tend to mute guys from other parts of the country and posters of dick pics, but I don't block them because I think it's OK if they see my stuff.

The moral of the story is, no one is immediately successful in a new community. There's new lingo, unfamiliar customs, but there's something really powerful about being on a site that is tolerant and promotes things we all care about: safety and success for providers, including getting them access to new friends and potential clients.

I can't figure it out, but I'm @MustangEightSeven

Now that eccie is coming back with reviews inn Denver too who needs switter or tob

Just now, Diamond John said:

Now that eccie is coming back with reviews inn Denver too who needs switter or tob

You couldn't have told me that 16 minutes ago?

1 hour ago, Diamond John said:

ECCIE has been so reliable 😂😂

Lucky here in Colorado that we have a solid board that actually cares about the community. 💥 

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Man Split ya troll. 

Good for eccie! now... some of us enjoy the community and not only the reviews. Of course community and reviews would be ideal :P

I for one will be glad for the return of ECCIE - next fall!  TOB remains my “go to” source for CO, but is useless for S.TX. BP & ECCIE were the only resources there, unless you crossed to border for a brothel. 

Although I have never used ECCIE except to check an occasional review on a traveling gal, I am absolutely thrilled that it is coming back, since it will allow the recent influx of male Texaholes to return to partying with the ECCIE mods, being "players" in the VIP lounges, and whatever else they do down in the swamp to impress themselves.  Good riddance, wasn't all that great to meet you.

Texas ladies, on the other hand, please do continue to visit, we love you and summertime in Colorado has arrived.

Edited by BadBoy

4 hours ago, Diamond John said:

Coming back is one thing...coming back as something useful is quite another.

I bet ECCIE comes back as plain vanilla as possible with none of the information the old ECCIE hacks are used to seeing

Edited by ilovewomen