BadBoy

Let's Talk About Switter

108 posts in this topic

OK, so I am worried that our good old sites may go poof some day so, being a good herd follower ("Baaa"  "Baaa"), I signed up for a Switter account and it took me right to the "Welcome to Switter," appropriately hip and black page.  This is where I get stuck.  When you go to the "Get Started" button, apparently you need to pick a "Community" which apparently is a loosely set up group.  Has anyone set up a group?  It doesn't seem like any of the "communities" are Colorado based Gal/Trick groups.

They say "it works just like Twitter" which is absolutely no help to a die-hard Twitter-hater who has never gone near that platform.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to share their switter names, please PM them and I will make a list, so that we can build from there if the big poof happens.

This thing is interesting, apparently lives on a platform called Mastodon, and is full of quirky tech-stuff like "instances."

I am an analog guy trapped in a digital age.  Anyone able to help?  I could call or take a call.

Well, they do eventually send you an e-mail to help get set up, but it is still a mystery.  BTW, correction, and apparently this is important, 

Any others out there?  Buhler?  Buhler?  Buhler?

OK, problem cured.  Use Firefox, not Internet Explorer.  Then you can actually see the instructions, etc.

Golly, it's easy as pie now.  Pretty cool place.

Edited by BadBoy

I’m not into the layout of switter, but it is what it is. It caught on like wildfire!! Lol

Holly, check your Switter feed, just found you and sent you a message.  How do I follow you?

Just a heads up—-> Per the rules 

Note to Providers:  Your forum signature line may contain text links to your website, your reviews, social media accounts and...

Note to Gentlemen:

• One can’t include picture’s of themselves into a post...
  • You can't place contact information into your post.
  • Directly asking for trades in a forum post would not be allowed
  • Don't mention to a provider posting to the forum that you want to contact them, please use the messaging system for that.

Please do not place contact info in a post.

Providers can place the switter link in their Signature line.

Gentlemen have been restricted pertaining to contact information in posts & their Signature line as this would be concidered self promotion & not allowed.

In this case we will allow the switter link and only the switter link in the gentlemen’s Signature line until further notice.

Newly regestered gentlemen will not be allowed this option.

Don't care for the site format so far, but need to adjust filters. That being said that sites being hammered. When I looked at after I 1st saw it on Twitter 2 days ago, 642 users now like 8700. I wonder if their server ('s) are gonna explode. 

I kinda like it's format - takes getting used to.  Nowhere as useful as TOB, but a neat way to keep up the network in case we get nuked.  I have been able to locate about 30 Denverites so far, and I am sure it will grow.  Hint to those signing up - just go to my page and you can see everyone I found and just follow them (which is what I did with Rayne's page, Fishndude's page and FuriousWeasel's page). 

Switter sounds promising although I haven't tried it yet. If similar to Twitter, an important feature that should be added [absent from Twitter] is some kind of localisation, to make it easier for members from Denver (or Colorado) to find the other members from the same local area. Maybe something like a "follow all [insert location here] ladies (or gentlemen)". Private messaging would be good also.

Edited by N6_in_the_village

3 hours ago, N6_in_the_village said:

Switter sounds promising although I haven't tried it yet. If similar to Twitter, an important feature that should be added [absent from Twitter] is some kind of localisation, to make it easier for members from Denver (or Colorado) to find the other members from the same local area. Maybe something like a "follow all [insert location here] ladies (or gentlemen)". Private messaging would be good also.

A work around for local area was mentioned to do #denver or #colorado.  At least it would help us find each other easier.

What marketing genius came up with the name?  All I can think of is cleaning my toilet bowl.  

20 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Don't care for the site format so far, but need to adjust filters. That being said that sites being hammered. When I looked at after I 1st saw it on Twitter 2 days ago, 642 users now like 8700. I wonder if their server ('s) are gonna explode. 

They have been adding capacity. The performance on Wednesday was shaky, but yesterday it was screaming. I find the Chrome to be a good browser for switter.

2 hours ago, acmb2017 said:

A work around for local area was mentioned to do #denver or #colorado.  At least it would help us find each other easier.

Yes, our more savvy members gave good advice.  Place the #denver or #colorado to find others in the area.  

34 minutes ago, Happymon said:

What marketing genius came up with the name?  All I can think of is cleaning my toilet bowl.  

Sex Worker twitter

Even funnier:  You don't post "tweets" on switter, you post "toots," which always meant farts to me.  I guess I am still tooting a lot.

52 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Sex Worker twitter

Even funnier:  You don't post "tweets" on switter, you post "toots," which always meant farts to me.  I guess I am still tooting a lot.

Beans, beans, the more you eat, the more you toot 

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

Sex Worker twitter

Great way to stay UTR.  No one will ever catch on to that.  

16 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I kinda like it's format - takes getting used to.  Nowhere as useful as TOB, but a neat way to keep up the network in case we get nuked.  I have been able to locate about 30 Denverites so far, and I am sure it will grow.  Hint to those signing up - just go to my page and you can see everyone I found and just follow them (which is what I did with Rayne's page, Fishndude's page and FuriousWeasel's page). 

Followed you last night 😉

I've enjoyed it so far, it's been a nice way to reconnect with a few fellow providers I know.

On 3/30/2018 at 7:36 PM, fishndude57 said:

It did for a bit - their site went down for maintenance for a short bit to try and handle the sudden overflow.

19 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Yes, our more savvy members gave good advice.  Place the #denver or #colorado to find others in the area.  

Thanks Raine!

That was great advice!

:rolleyes:

I'm on there. It's not perfect, but I think we will find it really useful as the need increases for being able to stay in touch.

You all are the best! What would I do with out you?! I don’t even know how to make my avatar a photo of me lol! I don’t think I could get any less tech savvy. 😅

Edited by jasminewaterss7

I've actually really enjoyed Switter so far. Its a good place and decently easy to use once you get the hand of it! It's not perfect but it fills the void and does that well. 

Joined today & tried to follow everyone I noticed from here. I incorporated the suggested hash tags as well. 

Does Switter have an app that can be downloaded from the apple store or playstore?

8 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Does Switter have an app that can be downloaded from the apple store or playstore?

I can’t speak for the playstore but it’s not in the App Store. And that’s not surprising either. It’s highly unlikely it would pass the Apple submission process. But with that said look for Mastodon and you might get something back. 

@ilovewomen You can access Switter.at through a few different apps on the app store (google and apple). Search for Mastodon as JoDoe27 mentioned and you'll have a few options. 

I would personally avoid tootdon as they save all messages/conversations on their servers and hold them for an extended period of time. 

I joined a couple of days ago. It's kindof glitchy so far! I'm @alexissweet69

Juanmotai@switter.at oh what the hell, might as well try it.. ad my if you want. I gotta try figuring out how to use the damn thing. Lol  please ad me..  :rolleyes: