airamericavet65

What does this holiday mean to you

41 posts in this topic

With the holiday weekend I was just wondering what the holiday means to others does it mean chocolate edible bunnies or forgiveness and love. To me it's a chance to say thank you to all who have helped me and for what I have. Have a peaceful Easter filled with love and kindness for all

I follow my Christian faith...but let’s not forget that it’s also April Fools as well! Mayo stuffed donuts, tape in the door way, plastic wrap over the toilet....good times! I used to do a big to do with Easter egg hunts, giant goody filled baskets, big breakfast with champagne...now, I stay in, watch tv and relax. 

I will be with family and will always remember how important it is to remember that someone brought his son to Earth to be born, live and teach, then die on the cross for my sins to be forgiven. It holds me accountable to remember to forgive, love, and strive to do better every day to be the person that God wants me to be. How many of us would suffer like that for people we don't know nor will ever know to allow their sins to be forgiven? That is the big question. 

I am thankful in ways that can't be imagined.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

9 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Easter feeds my soul and allows me to reflect and appreciate every moment.  Jesus is my #1 guy and I have no hesitation on saying that to anyone. 

I spend Easter wrapped in all things with the family.  This Easter will be the first one without my oldest daughter and my soul aches for one more day with her. 

Cherish life in all the ups and downs, find your peace and look for the beauty in all things. 

God Bless all of you!😘

Upset I ran out of “likes” ! 

Sending reiki your way Laci! Lots of love to you and your family!

💕💓💕

Another Holiday alone unless I choose to have company. Maybe wet a line but gotta get new fishin license tomorrow as our yearly's expire tomorrow. Final 4 on Saturday. 

My Easter Sunday is Usually Spoken for with out Words or Reminders every year (0 complaint)  :)

Church, Brunch, Photos with Friends and Family then Early Evening Service ending with a huge BBQ bash(when weather allowes) or a Crowded HUGE Evening PotLuck ... Every year is the same for my family..

Enjoy Your Easter Weekend Everyone! 

Time to finally break Out all the Colorful Wonderful Spring Wardrobes!! And White Sandals!!

Edited by Chrissy

Seems there is a constant hew and cry these days for "justice, I want justice!!"  I would greatly prefer Forgiveness and Grace myself, both of which are there for the asking and are what this holiday is about.  He calls - does anyone listen?

For me, it is a day to eat good food and relax. I rarely take a day off to do nothing. Although, this Sunday, I will be BBQ-ing and doing homework lol

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Seems there is a constant hew and cry these days for "justice, I want justice!!"  I would greatly prefer Forgiveness and Grace myself, both of which are there for the asking and are what this holiday is about.  He calls - does anyone listen?

I love this!  May I post this on twitter?

19 minutes ago, Laci French said:

^_^

Of course you may.

Sitting with my son and daughter having a drink remembering all the good times that we have had as a family. Family time is the best. Our faith teaches us to show kindness to all treating others with the dignity and respect that all things deserve but it never hurts to have a chocolate bunny around

28 minutes ago, Laci French said:

awwww shucks.  never been asked before. :)

Marshmellow rabbits and Reeses eggs. I love those things.:D:wub:

I'm non religious.  This Sunday will be precious and gift like every other day I'm breathing air and walking the earth. Lets all make the most of it. 🤗💕😙

3 hours ago, tide32 said:

Marshmellow rabbits and Reeses eggs. I love those things.:D:wub:

omgosh. Reeses eggs... I'm melting right now. ❤❤❤❤

I'm agnostic, and easter is simply the start of spring, for me. Woo Hoo! :D

11 hours ago, pfunk said:

I'm agnostic, and easter is simply the start of spring, for me. Woo Hoo! :D

Me too. It's hard to actually get out of celebrating when society and religion has brainwash the masses and make anyone who deters from the "norm" feel left out. So this is what my house hold celebrates - 

"Easter was originally the celebration of Ishtar, the Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility and sex. Her symbols (like the egg and bunny) were and still are fertility and sex symbols (or did you actually think eggs and bunnies had anything to do with the resurrection?) After Constantine decided to Christianize the Empire, Easter was changed to represent Jesus. But at its roots, Easter (which is how you pronounce Ishtar) is all about celebrating fertility and sex." 

"Or did you guys actually think that bunnies and eggs had anything to do with the resurrection of Christ?!" 🤣😘

I haven't discovered a label for my belief system yet. I follow my heart and the golden rule, so far it's done me good.

As for this time of year for me it's all about the rebirth of life.  Spring planting, grass growing, baby birds chirping and the longs hours of daylight.

And I'm with Ishtar, it's all about f*king like bunnies and fertilizing them eggs. 😘😅😂

Edited by Cecilia
forgeter got stuck

Thanks to all for your answers and some history lessons no matter what you are beliefs it seems that this time of year is good for renewing one's self and having fun with family Peace Love and kindness to you all

Feeling nostalgic and spending time with family! :wub: Happy Easter!

Thank you all for sharing. Initially, I was surprised to see someone open this topic and others respond with reflective and thoughtful comments in this forum. Having read your comments, I appreciate your honest perspectives. In some ways, your comfort in sharing glimpses of your heart on this sensitive topic is refreshing and says a lot about how respectful and caring this online community really is.

Thinking and reflecting on what you shared, I wish to ask you all a simple question I think you may appreciate. Can I ask you all a question?

The collateral damage at my house will be felt...180 boiled eggs 🥚🤢😳😂

We have all made mistakes I certainly more than many others.  Over the past few weeks I've had time to reflect on my life and realize that the only one who can make the changes needed is me. Make your lives filled with love and harmony give to others even if others abuse the help. With the start of spring and all the changes that nature brings now is the time to Act. Have a fantastic life filled with all your dreams

Watching my dad smile today was the most! He is turning 80 tomorrow! He is in a nursing home. So whenever I can see him  happy it is a beautiful day! It’s been a rough year for my family. Slipping and falling a year ago during the ice storms February 2nd.  Head injury on top of dementia. Just was beautiful to see the old guy smile and enjoying life for the day. He could actually hold a conversation due to feeling happy. Sitting outside with him while we watched the babies and he ate his early birthday 🍰😊 I just spent time focusing on him. That is what today was about to me. 

4 hours ago, Laci French said:

Absolutely you can. 

Thank you, Laci.

Laci, I am sorry today was the first Easter without your oldest daughter. Not knowing what happened, but sensing your deep ache, I am sorry for your loss.

The question I have for everyone who commented on their comprehension of the meaning of this weekend's holiday, which they offered from different worldviews, is:

"Can anyone know for sure their worldview is true?"

Perhaps another way to ask this question could be:

"Are there underlying support or reasons for deciding which, if any, worldview or religion is right for you?"

Thank you for giving me permission to ask a question, which I offered two alternative takes of.