airamericavet65

What does this holiday mean to you

41 posts in this topic

I think the people that gave their point of views we're speaking from their hearts which is really what things are all about not sure what you are motive is in asking that type of question is it to start confrontation over individual beliefs that was not the intention of this post

2 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

I think the people that gave their point of views we're speaking from their hearts which is really what things are all about not sure what you are motive is in asking that type of question is it to start confrontation over individual beliefs that was not the intention of this post

AirAmericaVet65, I’m sorry if my question gave you the wrong impression of me or my motivation. I only want us to learn from each other’s sharing of hearts, which can include what we mean, how we know, and why we believe. That is all.

As for our hearts, maybe by sharing, we can learn what or who inspires individuals to be all they can be, what brings a smile to our face, what gives us satisfaction, what we wish for, what we long for, what we need, what weighs on our hearts, who gives us life and/or hope, or who enables us to satisfy needs or heal broken hearts, just to mention a few.

10 hours ago, sweetmoment said:

Thank you, Laci.

Laci, I am sorry today was the first Easter without your oldest daughter. Not knowing what happened, but sensing your deep ache, I am sorry for your loss.

The question I have for everyone who commented on their comprehension of the meaning of this weekend's holiday, which they offered from different worldviews, is:

"Can anyone know for sure their worldview is true?"

Perhaps another way to ask this question could be:

"Are there underlying support or reasons for deciding which, if any, worldview or religion is right for you?"

Thank you for giving me permission to ask a question, which I offered two alternative takes of.

Everyone has a different journey and that journey for me is far too personal to share here on TOB.  

I know without a doubt in my spiritual beliefs. That’s good enough for me and I don’t feel I need/want to share on an open board why I feel this way.  

Sorry you seem lost and perhaps confused. 

Joining late, but gathering all of my adult (men) children together and forcing them to dye Easter eggs on Good Friday was an absolute gas.  On Easter morning, I made them the traditional creamed eggs on toast that they only get on Easter morning.  Every single one of them showed up and we had such a great time, it was just like when they were little.  That's all I wanted out of Easter, and I got it (plus a surprise bag of malted milk eggs - I am in heaven).

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Joining late, but gathering all of my adult (men) children together and forcing them to dye Easter eggs on Good Friday was an absolute gas.  On Easter morning, I made them the traditional creamed eggs on toast that they only get on Easter morning.  Every single one of them showed up and we had such a great time, it was just like when they were little.  That's all I wanted out of Easter, and I got it (plus a surprise bag of malted milk eggs - I am in heaven).

Aww...BB, that sounds like the BEST Easter. Its fun being parents of grown children, and malted milk eggs to boot! I'm glad you you enjoyed your holiday. 💗💗💗

5 hours ago, Laci French said:

Everyone has a different journey and that journey for me is far too personal to share here on TOB.  

I know without a doubt in my spiritual beliefs. That’s good enough for me and I don’t feel I need/want to share on an open board why I feel this way.  

As for me and my own personal spiritual connection? Mine  is not of anyone’s interest. Truth be the  more I study and meditate the more I realize how very little I know or understand!

Life is all about your intentions. To intentionally harm others in any shape or form is a sin in my eyes. 

Happy Easter/Ostara (March 20Th)

om shakti!😘

8 hours ago, Laci French said:

Lots of judgement in that last sentence. Why shame someone for asking a question that you deemed too personal to answer? Perhaps there's someone out there who would hold space for this convo. Not answering the question is one thing, but making him out to be an ass for wanting to learn is stark rude. 

Cadbury mini-eggs - my 2nd drug of choice (the other being what makes this board worth visiting!).

On 4/2/2018 at 3:10 PM, Laci French said:

Hi Laci, Kali, Just Jos, and anyone else who may wonder,

Laci, I comprehend or understand why you decided to let the question go.

Late last night, I checked this post to see if anyone shared any thoughts. Last week was a very busy week for me, which was why I did not check this trail until this weekend.

Last week, the more I thought about this topic, the more I thought it may be better for one to wait for a face-to-face opportunity and see facial expressions when thinking about asking permission to ask a question on this or related worldview topic.

So, it is perfectly OK for anyone to choose to let the question go, particularly on an open board like this. Perhaps, the question can simply serve as a ‘food-for-thought’ reflection invitation. As I typed before, I was surprised to see you voluntarily share personal reflective and thoughtful comments in this forum regarding your worldviews that can be close to your hearts. I certainly appreciate individuals sharing their hearts as it reflects an appreciation of care and trust.

As for Laci feeling sorry I may be lost or confused, I do wonder how we think about the way things are through which we sort out what is meaningful. After all, each individual behave as their worldview guide their value developments informing their decisions. Personally, I seek a form of worldview that best explain most known facts.

Maybe, as Just Jos typed, there can be someone who can hold space for this conversation.

In closing, I offer the YouTube video below in which Jerry Nagel introduces worldview intelligence. He finishes by asking the viewer “What is the lens you want to look through to interpret the world?"

Sincerely