Todoesprivado

Any recommendations for references?

12 posts in this topic

Hi All, with everything happening and the possible shut down of our beloved site, I'm  wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to keep/store/save our references received from providers...  I am sure you will agree is one of the most precious things we have, specially for folks new to the hobby. 

I have a spreadsheet in an encrypted container with pertinent contact info and why I might be memorable. TBH I really don't like keeping a list like that, but it's necessary--especially now.

I'm sure the owner of this site is reviewing all of the options available in order to keep this site up and running.

2 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I'm sure the owner of this site is reviewing all of the options available in order to keep this site up and running.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Dont panic!  Reach out to your guys and make sure he knows how to reach you. I’ve often said to use passwords for people for references. Keep it simple! Join P411.

Nothing is law yet! Have faith in the Whisperer and the mods. And for the love of unicorn farts, stop posting ideas for LE to see. It’s an open forum, anyone can see. Now let’s get back to business as usual, smile and have fun!!!! 

Go old-school and get a Rolodex

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Go old-school and get a Rolodex

Or even older the address book😎

31 minutes ago, airamericavet65 said:

Or even older the address book😎

What? Like a little black book? 😏

17 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

What? Like a little black book? 😏

Exactly

I have a membership on safeoffice.com. I've been there since 2012. They have bank-level security. I keep a database of email addresses there. This is a resource that now, it more important than ever. Providers and clients can get an account.

SO has email. You can have 6 different email addresses. I have found this to be very useful for informing my advertising decisions. I can tell where my inquiries are coming from due to the difference in email address used to contact me.

SO has a newsletter function. I feel that for providers, sending a newsletter is one of the best ways to deal with the loss of directories. SO has a tutorial on how to send a newsletter. There are many steps to take so I recommend doing the tutorial before getting your newsletter together.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:38 AM, Todoesprivado said:

Hi All, with everything happening and the possible shut down of our beloved site, I'm  wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to keep/store/save our references received from providers...  I am sure you will agree is one of the most precious things we have, specially for folks new to the hobby. 

Screenshots, lots of screenshots

On 3/30/2018 at 0:45 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Dont panic!  Reach out to your guys and make sure he knows how to reach you. I’ve often said to use passwords for people for references. Keep it simple! Join P411.

Nothing is law yet! Have faith in the Whisperer and the mods. And for the love of unicorn farts, stop posting ideas for LE to see. It’s an open forum, anyone can see. Now let’s get back to business as usual, smile and have fun!!!! 

I hope they are able to keep this site up.  Lmao... Unicorn farts 😂