Liliane Rousseau

Scheduling!!!!!

7 posts in this topic

So we are at home looking all fine and sexy AF and we get a text that says "Hey" or "U on?". Well RUDE but here we go getting verification and trying to accommodate the client. Saying that everything checks out we may actually book and appointment.

Well here is the topic for discussion. ! Most classy and thoughtful providers put a lot of time and effort into their appearance, cozying up their in call and or/ driving  to set destination miles away. We also shuffle our schedules  and do our best to make you happy.  Then comes the sudden drop in communication. Are they confirming the time? Are they on the way?  Should we leave my entire night open for you as you are flying in from out of time and might have delays?  Do NOT leave the dialogue hanging as it gets us frustrated and bitchy.

It's real simple fellows! As in your professional life you set a time and do your best to keep it. If something falls through try to give a decent notice! We really do want to see you but we are worthy of mutual respect. It's the difference in fine dining vs shoveling crap down your throat. You choose!

If I don’t get a confirmation I move on and if someone goes crickets the same damn thing. 

I have too much in my life to shuffle and too many other things I want to be out doing than sitting at my incall. 

Better days beautiful!😊

I also try to be really clear and concise, since we gentlemen put some time and effort into the appointments as well (see previous 1,976,543 threads).  Sometimes, not often, but sometimes, I suffer the same issues the OP does (i.e., crickets after you think you have an appointment).  What I have decided to do is simply call or text (depending on the lady's wishes) with a "Well, are we confirmed for Friday at 2:00 p.m.?  - I'm looking forward to seeing you."  If I don't get a solid confirmation within a reasonable amount of time, I simply send another message that I have moved on due to lack of communication.

For some reason, both sides appear to be shy on the communications aspect.  I may be annoying with my amount of follow up, but I don't end up spending much time waiting for something that doesn't happen either.

Well that is very reasonable. That is all Im asking for really is solid communication. It's like the entire conversation can seem to evaporate sometimes :-)

For the 1,976,545th. Its not all that easy for the customer either.  Cancellations suck (for both the provider and the customer), between family commitments, work, and me time I have very few windows of opportunity to play in a given month.  I put probably too much thought into a session before hand (I have some OCD tendencies), but generally I just look forward to being able to be with another person in an intimate setting, as I find it to be a respite from my hectic world.  So when I get crickets or a cancellation on the same day of an appointment it's disappointing and difficult to move on to the next.

To combat this I schedule appointments usually about a week in advance and I try to confirm around 24 hours before , so that if an appointment falls through I have some opportunity to find another provider at a mutually convenient time.

I tried to find a better paradigm, about a year ago I entered into a monthly arrangement with a Lady.  I dutifully paid the hourly rate plus a little to end up at a round number at the beginning of each month in exchange for a few hours over the course of the month.  When we started out appointments were generally the same day/time of the week and if we missed a week we would just make it up the next.  Then she started cancelling the day of the appointment.  I should have been more assertive and asked that not happen, but I let it go and chalked it up to life happens.  I kept up my end of the bargain but the cancellations started with increasing frequency and it ended up in a situation where she was cancelling more than we were able to meet.  When I tried to communicate about it I was accused of not being considerate of her time. 

I tried to tack and took the approach of how about you tell me when you can get together and I'll do my best to make the appointment happen.  Ultimately it took me four months to finally collect the account.  So that paradigm was no panacea either.

Communication is a good thing and it helps keeps uncertainty to a minimum. I am a professional who has nothing to sell but his time and realize that circumstances arise that cause cancellations and trying to work with multiple parties' schedules is similar to herding cats. 

Customers and providers should be considerate of each others time and respect the efforts required in this thing that we do. Ultimately, cancellations are a hobby hazard.   

Good luck and have fun!

1 hour ago, ironman318 said:

For the 1,976,545th. Its not all that easy for the customer either.  Cancellations suck (for both the provider and the customer), between family commitments, work, and me time I have very few windows of opportunity to play in a given month.  I put probably too much thought into a session before hand (I have some OCD tendencies), but generally I just look forward to being able to be with another person in an intimate setting, as I find it to be a respite from my hectic world.  So when I get crickets or a cancellation on the same day of an appointment it's disappointing and difficult to move on to the next.

To combat this I schedule appointments usually about a week in advance and I try to confirm around 24 hours before , so that if an appointment falls through I have some opportunity to find another provider at a mutually convenient time.

I tried to find a better paradigm, about a year ago I entered into a monthly arrangement with a Lady.  I dutifully paid the hourly rate plus a little to end up at a round number at the beginning of each month in exchange for a few hours over the course of the month.  When we started out appointments were generally the same day/time of the week and if we missed a week we would just make it up the next.  Then she started cancelling the day of the appointment.  I should have been more assertive and asked that not happen, but I let it go and chalked it up to life happens.  I kept up my end of the bargain but the cancellations started with increasing frequency and it ended up in a situation where she was cancelling more than we were able to meet.  When I tried to communicate about it I was accused of not being considerate of her time. 

I tried to tack and took the approach of how about you tell me when you can get together and I'll do my best to make the appointment happen.  Ultimately it took me four months to finally collect the account.  So that paradigm was no panacea either.

Communication is a good thing and it helps keeps uncertainty to a minimum. I am a professional who has nothing to sell but his time and realize that circumstances arise that cause cancellations and trying to work with multiple parties' schedules is similar to herding cats. 

Customers and providers should be considerate of each others time and respect the efforts required in this thing that we do. Ultimately, cancellations are a hobby hazard.   

Good luck and have fun!

Wow Ironman! I can honestly say I've never done anything close to that. Hopefully you had much better service after! It's good to hear from a clients perspective! Enjoy your weekend!

12 hours ago, ironman318 said:

Good luck and have fun!

I feel like these kind of arrangements always end in disaster at some point...for one side or the other. I think you have it all figured out at this point though. 😘