raul

Music

18 posts in this topic

What are all y'all's opinion on music during a session? I'm not the biggest fan of it but don't mind some soft/light music on low volume.

The reason I ask is that I've had 3 experiences in the past couple of months where the ladies have started the music without asking my preference first and then assumed that I like it. All of them have had decent ads on TOB but not much presence besides that. One of them even played garish music, along the lines of Skrillex! This was such a turn-off for me and she was rather reluctant to change the genre even after a couple of requests. I didn't write a review for her because I wasn't on top of my game that day and the whole session was a mixed bag. And the other two sessions again were just about average, at least for my expectations. I seem to have encountered them much more in the last few times than the entire year before.

But yeah, music or no music? Skrillex or Savage Garden? Discuss as needed.

For me personally, you can always request your preferred jams before your session if that's your thing. I would be surprised If a provider would not accommodate a such a simple request for a hhr, or an hour. I dont know what to think after this multiple requests thing??? Weird that she wouldn't oblige, and weird that you would continue seeing her if the music annoys you.

Music doesn't work for me but to each their own just distracting 

I find that light jazz on low volume works well

6 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I find that light jazz on low volume works well

This is a favorite of mine.

But let's be honest here: to steal an old joke, if a guy thinks it's foreplay and they will be getting their rocks off, they're up for anything.

(aside: asking for a friend, weird to like "Dueling Banjos" and ask her to "squeal like a piggy"?)

I have a subscription to SiriusXM so as long as there is wifi, I am happy to let my client choose whatever music he prefers. Its nice to have a little background noise and sometimes it makes for a fun way to set the, um, rhythm... ;-) But I must add, a huge pet peeve of mine (that I generally keep to myself... because its not all about me, lol) is when someone keeps the TV on in the background. That is one of the WORST distractions ever!!! 

My ATATF used to take note of random bits of my conversation and put playlists together based on things I never thought that she would recall.  For example, I once, in passing, noted that I have always enjoyed the Clash, simply because it played a lot in a strip club I used to go to.  The next visit she had a playlist set up that started out with "Rock the Casbah" and had a few other Clash songs, to which she did a fantastic strip.  Mentioned once that my favorite singer was Crissy Hynde, and the next time it was all Pretenders and Clash.  Damn, I miss that girl.

I honestly don’t really care if there is music in the background or not unless it’s rap, I can’t listen to that crap. If there is rap playing I will normally ask for it to be turned off or changed to ANYTHING else. That shit is too distracting for me.

I've got over 15,000 songs and 1000 plus albums on my iCloud. Beats pill, wireless this, wireless that. I'm usually always an out. I prefer no bedroom music, I will turn on the living room low, but I'd rather simply get to know someone through conversation then groovin to tunes. I do like Kid Rock. 

1 hour ago, Vegas Jen-5884 said:

I have a subscription to SiriusXM so as long as there is wifi, I am happy to let my client choose whatever music he prefers. Its nice to have a little background noise and sometimes it makes for a fun way to set the, um, rhythm... ;-) But I must add, a huge pet peeve of mine (that I generally keep to myself... because its not all about me, lol) is when someone keeps the TV on in the background. That is one of the WORST distractions ever!!! 

Yep I have this as well. I didn’t realize my subscription for my car allowed me to play on my phone or better yet through my Roku. I was a dancing queen while cleaning my house the other day. But yes I agree with the above, if they like a particular brand of music, I let them choose. With the exception of screamo and rap.

I like some soft background noise to cover up outside noise, but I tend to not play anything with words. Even if I like the beat of a song, sometimes the words don't match the mood I am wanting to set. Now if someone requests something and I have it then I will try to play that, but I just keep it simple with something that just relaxes and sets the mood.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I prefer for my provider to be in a good mood and receptive if she prefers a certain music even if im not into it im good with that having a fun enthusiastic partner is way more fun.

5 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

weird that you would continue seeing her if the music annoys you.

Oh not at all. I only saw her once and it was a very sub-par experience. I won't be seeing her again for several reasons. To be fair, I wasn't very elated upon seeing her in-person and wasn't on top of my game. Hence I didn't write a review about it. I meant I saw 3 different ladies who were each keen on music, whereas I had hardly come across anyone for a long time who wanted to have music.

3 hours ago, PieluvinTexan said:

unless it’s rap, I can’t listen to that crap. If there is rap playing I will normally ask for it to be turned off or changed to ANYTHING else. That shit is too distracting for me.

Haha! You don't like Lil' Wayne rapping about these bi****s and those h*es? Very distracting indeed.

9 hours ago, BadBoy said:

My ATATF used to take note of random bits of my conversation and put playlists together based on things I never thought that she would recall.  For example, I once, in passing, noted that I have always enjoyed the Clash, simply because it played a lot in a strip club I used to go to.  The next visit she had a playlist set up that started out with "Rock the Casbah" and had a few other Clash songs, to which she did a fantastic strip.  Mentioned once that my favorite singer was Crissy Hynde, and the next time it was all Pretenders and Clash.  Damn, I miss that girl.

Well BB, we probably have about a million differences of opinion, but I have to respect your taste in music. 

For me:

Patsy Cline - R.I.P.

Doris Day - R.I.P.

Eithne (Live forever)

Dolores O'Riordan, ... R.I.P.

I just realized all my favorite vocalists are women ... or Freddie Mercury.

... but most of the time I'm spending time with ladies who probably don't know who any of these folk are, so to revamp for the millennials:

Aurora

Lana Del Rey

Queen - Yeah, that's right, I said Queen!

Edited by Vassago
spelling + Ketle One = Mulligan

Let me not forget Loreena McKennit or Tarja Turunen

Perhaps though, that is a good litmus test for those who claim to hunger for a connection with the human spirit. Perhaps the vestibules of the vapid should not touch the grace of the beauty of triumph.

Long way about. Silence is best, as the wolves eat.

Please though, play lil' wayne. How impressed will I  be?

or you can be a clever girl and give me your undivided attention for a very brief sliver of your lifespan.

Edited by Vassago

Love Patsy Cline!  Here would be a sultry mix for background music:  Mix up Sade, Patsy Cline and Billie Holiday.  OMG, I'm getting hard just typing the names.

Freddy Mercury is optional, but whatever floats your boat.

Edited by BadBoy

I like some older soft rock, like Stevie Nicks radio on Pandora.

Some people I’ve met with have put on some really good stations on Spotify but I have no clue who the artists were lol. But I’m open to many diff types of music... but rap/hip hop during a session would make no type of sense... R&B would be nice tho!