10 posts in this topic

Hey guy's I went downtown to this place I heard about that allowed you to pick your steaks and they would cut them there and you could take them home and throw them on the grill! But the place was actually torn down when i got there which bummed me out..

So I was wondering if anyone knew of a place like this except grocery store's..It's pretty much a meat market but with Steaks.

Western daughters. They have local, free range, organic dry aged stuff. 

Been buying from "Wallys Quality Meats " for a very long time. Starting at their original location in the 1970s  in Wheat Ridge to their current location (since 1997 ) in Westminster .  Can't beat the quality.Well worth the drive.

Any good places in Denver or Springs?

Will second Western Daughters.

From a convenience angle, Whole Foods has always done a nice job on butchering. Since Amazon took over, prices have come down on some things in the butcher case. Most locations also do their own aging as well.

Sprouts, believe it or not, has nice steaks. I keep an eye out for the sales.

The local farmer's markets generally have a beef purveyor or two and have got nice steaks there.

Oliver's in Denver on 6th St. Have not bought steaks there, but, they do carry smoked pork chops. LOVE them on the grill.

Tony's Market. 

On 4/27/2018 at 10:33 AM, Hrnydvl said:

Hi SabrinaLynn, there are several places around town that offer butcher style meats.  There are a couple great shops in Lakewood, if you aren't opposed to the drive.  Edwards meats off I-70 and Ward is GREAT!  Also, Carmine Lonardo's Italian meats and deli is great too.  

I hope this helps!  

Agree, Edwards Meats is the best! Will do just about anything you need. High quality meats and service. 

I still like Tony’s too. I always end up getting a bunch of other yummies there too.

Try looking for a Butcher Shop or Meat Market for what should be better cuts of meat than the grocery.

Aurora - Sam's Meats http://samsmeats.com/ not sure how good they are, but they have been there since 1982.

There used to be a Butcher Shop (36th & Brighton) in the Rino District, but it fell victim to the renovations there I think.

On 3/25/2018 at 3:49 PM, SabrinaLynn aka Katie Creme said:

Hey guy's I went downtown to this place I heard about that allowed you to pick your steaks and they would cut them there and you could take them home and throw them on the grill! But the place was actually torn down when i got there which bummed me out..

So I was wondering if anyone knew of a place like this except grocery store's..It's pretty much a meat market but with Steaks.

Hi Sabrina,

you mentioned not grocery stores. But where I shop, they frequently have Filet Mignon, 30% off that might be dated for that day.. I’ve become spoiled now and that’s about the only cut I’ll eat at The Happycamper Bar And Grill 😎

I have another favorite place I get great cuts, and variety packages.

please message me for these names as I’m not sure they want their names on here.

❤️