Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vassago

Showing off, breaking fingers, and fixing my slice

3 posts in this topic

The other day, while showing off in front of a young lady, I fell down and landed wrong on my left hand. When I looked at it my left pinky finger was bent at an usual 45 degree angle from the the rest of the natural trajectory of the finger. I snapped it back into place and cried like a little girl with skinned knees.

Thankfully it was my left pinky, not my right. Because I can’t bend the finger down completely, it altered my golf grip. I didn’t slice the ball through all 18 holes. 

Good times.

You have to tell me exactly what you did. It sounds worth it to fix my slice.

To correct a chronic slice, as the OP indicates, hack your left pinky off. Once you cut off your left pinky, you'll either hit it straight, or straight with a slight draw. Plus, you'll get an extra 50 yards due to the increased lag created by not having that finger in the way. If you look at the pros on TV, none of them have a left pinky except for Phil Mickelson and Bubba Watson. They play left-handed, so they cut off their right pinkies. The reason you don't hear about this is because they don't want junior golfers to cut off their fingers at such a young age.