Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoCoGeezer

More Privacy Issues, Facebook Edition

4 posts in this topic

Not too surprised about this as anytime you add an app, do a survey, play a game on Facebook, and Facebook nature in general, they REALLY want and mine your information.

Facebook appears to have been mining and saving your messages, texts, calls.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/03/facebook-scraped-call-text-message-data-for-years-from-android-phones/?amp=1

TLDR: Facebook is EVIL. Avoid like the plague.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

I have never had a Facebook account.  But... I have a couple Gmail accounts.   Somehow I get FB emails telling me about people that I might want to add as friends.   Some are complete strangers.  Some are co-workers.  Or even adult children of co-workers.  

Anything having to do with apps or programs are suspect to me.   I don't use something unless it's almost impossible to do with out it. 

11 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

TLDR: Facebook is EVIL. Avoid like the plague.

I disagree. Millions of people use it, for free, with no negative consequences. Facebook is not deliberately hurting users.

However, it IS a business. They sell users' data. That's their product. Thousands of other websites, and applications, do the same thing.

Don't give facebook data, unless you are willing to have facebook pass it along. 

12 hours ago, pfunk said:

I disagree. Millions of people use it, for free, with no negative consequences. Facebook is not deliberately hurting users.

However, it IS a business. They sell users' data. That's their product. Thousands of other websites, and applications, do the same thing.

Don't give facebook data, unless you are willing to have facebook pass it along. 

I agree. There are SO many apps that collect your location as you are moving and send to other businesses. I would be really shocked if most people think they arent being tracked by their cell phones. So many apps require permission for your contacts, location, camera etc.