fishndude57

#SESTA #FOSTA- Who's been following...

125 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Worrying or stressing isn’t going to change any of this. ... Actively do something instead of running around like chicken littles.  

Perhaps the best we can do is write our Congress critters and tell them how wrong we believe this legislation. Cite specific issues with the bill, like the requirement that services being responsible for 3rd party content. Also point out that this legislation is likely to do more harm than aid for the “victims” they intended to help.

Be sure to remind them that you will remember how they voted when it’s your turn to vote. 

You just wanted to argue anyways 

Who cares? Hookers are always gonna find a way to get clients. They don't call it the oldest profession in the world for nothing. :)

Do not focus on the "what if's"  just yet. The bill passed the house and has yet to pass Senate, so I'm thinking over a year. I see that so many sites are folding already because of the "what if, and I'm happy to see that TOB is standing strong. 

As with all things, there will be people you create new platforms to respond to the demand for them.  It is finding a way that provides what providers and hobbyist are looking for and to comply. 

Intimacy is the oldest and most powerful way to connect, heal and to feel human so it is not going away. We may all have to go to old fashion referrals, word of mouth and getting out and about and networking. 

Don't give in or resort to fear even as you see other sites closing down. They are not what brings clients to you, you are. They are not what makes you desirable, you are. They are not responsible for your income, you are. We give so much power to the internet but when it comes down to it if the internet didn't exist this industry would!

It Always has and it always will!

Support, love, and thrive!

The first interview here is about SESTA and really explains it and why it's a misguided attempt to deal with sex trafficking by targeting advertising.  The second interview is a good listen as well, but not on the same topic.  Sam Seder is a great interviewer and I listen to his podcast every day.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-majority-report-with-sam-seder/e/53971524?autoplay=true