Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SultryKitten

Concert Tickets

13 posts in this topic

Howdy everyone! I have a question. I have never had to buy tickets for a concert except for last year(for the first time ever). I have got the bug to go to a slew of them this summer and fall, but I don't know the best place to buy them. Can any of you seasoned concert "aficionado" help me out with your expertise? I am a bargain shopper so I would want the best price if possible.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Ticketmaster or stubhub - combo should fix you up for most shows. Can't do links with not-so-smart phone but just google search each.

Best to buy always from the venue directly will avoid service charges which often are as much as the tickets I go to many shows and most times get offers from the venues for presale before they go to the public. Usually after you buy two or three shows they put you on the mailing list

2 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

Howdy everyone! I have a question. I have never had to buy tickets for a concert except for last year(for the first time ever). I have got the bug to go to a slew of them this summer and fall, but I don't know the best place to buy them. Can any of you seasoned concert "aficionado" help me out with your expertise? I am a bargain shopper so I would want the best price if possible.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

AVOID the resell houses,buy from the venue directly or flirt with someone with tickets.    BTW...thinking about going to Dazzles for Shemika Copeland...thanks for mentioning how much you like their new location.

I just got tickets for Tesla for 20 bucks a piece off groupon. Never tried it before other than Vegas so will update this after June 5th.

1 hour ago, acmb2017 said:

I just got tickets for Tesla for 20 bucks a piece off groupon. Never tried it before other than Vegas so will update this after June 5th.

With Joan Jett and Styx ???   Hmm, according to the venue box office.....you will be in the nosebleed section.

best way is to go to venue, back in the 80s they had packages where you can buy like 5 concerts with good seats for a certain price which was really cheap.

There is an app called Flash Seats that allows you to buy tickets from other people who have bought tickets. Sometimes there are good deals there because people can't make it to the show and need to sell their passes. You use the app as a kind of broker and then present the digital ticket to the venue. I had some good luck with that for events that were nearly sold out.

3 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

With Joan Jett and Styx ???   Hmm, according to the venue box office.....you will be in the nosebleed section.

Yes that one. It is grass at FG but that place is small anyway. 

If you have the time, go directly to the venue to buy the tickets. That way you don't have to pay the exorbitant re-seller fees. You usually have to show up at least an hour (or two or three, depending on popularity) before the tickets go on sale. It's a long wait, but can be a fun atmosphere with a group of people who are all there for the same reason. I tend to b buy extra tickets to resell for a profit. ;) Some sites such as Seat Geek will give out codes for first time buyers. Just google for codes or try RetailMeNot.

Have fun.

Hey bestie don't forget about Groupon they always have wonderful deals...Great ones for individual purchase but outstanding coupons for groups.. 

There are a lot of resell groups on Facebook. I go to a fair number of edm shows and there are at least two that i am a member of. Colorado ticket exchange is one of them I believe. There are definitely scammers on these groups but there are ways to watch out for and avoid them. Each group should have a list of "reputable sellers". You can often find sold out tickets or get them at face value or less because the community is all avid music lovers and just want to spread good vibes. :)

Obvious to me none of these guys go to many concerts. Most of Denver events are on  altitude. Sign up for an account and you’ll get their notifications. Ps. I have no affiliation with them, just reality.