MeganMarie4u

Good vibes...

39 posts in this topic

So after 3 days of pain in my left side.    I woke up today in so much pain I almost called an ambulance! Finally in the ER I found out I have a 7mm kidney stone.... I'm super independent....but never thought I'd go thru surgery alone... 😣 

Anybody had a stent for a kidney stone? Or the surgery to break them up....? I have no idea what to expect....but I know that being unable to work is going to kill me!

Oh no! Hope all goes well. Let us know what u need.

Please reach out if you need anything and hoping you have a speedy recovery!  

The procedure using a laser to break up the stone is very effective however getting rid of all of the little pieces is no fun good luck sorry for your pain

2 minutes ago, Happymon said:

Fortunately, "this too, shall pass."  

Unfortunately not without surgical help 🤣🤣🤣

From what I hear you saying...They need to make an incision to get it out?

I know that the ultrasound will break them up so you can pass the smaller stones.

I also know that they can go in through your uretha and grab the stones and pull them out.

I've had kidney stones in the past and they are extremely painful.

I feel your pain and wish you luck.

*update* it's been 24 hours since I've eaten and they have no idea when I will go back for surgery...  who's sneaking me in some food 🤣🤣🤣🤣

31 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

From what I hear you saying...They need to make an incision to get it out?

I know that the ultrasound will break them up so you can pass the smaller stones.

I also know that they can go in through your uretha and grab the stones and pull them out.

I've had kidney stones in the past and they are extremely painful.

I feel your pain and wish you luck.

Today I get a stent to release the pressure because the stone is blocking the tube to my bladder.... or something... let me just say ER doctors are great fpr emergency situations... but they aren't ideally knowlegable about surgeries 

13 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Finally going to Surgery! 

Good Luck!

52 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Good Luck ! Hope all goes well

Ooo owie! Sending you good vibes!!! I’ve experienced gallstones, and the pain sucks! My mother suffers from chronic kidney stones and says it’s easier once they’ve broken them up. At 7mm surgical help is necessary though. Hope you feel better soon! 💋❤️💋❤️

I hope all is well soon for you. I suffered so much in mynyoith from kidney crap and I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy!

Please don't hesitate to reach out for any help you need.

43 minutes ago, Cecilia said:

... Please don't hesitate to reach out for any help you need.

This and similar messages (sentiments) are what make TOB such a special place. 

5 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

let me just say ER doctors are great fpr emergency situations

Depends on ER.

I went to an ER due to thinking had heart issue. After a few hours of numerous tests, EKGs, and many $$$ billed to insurance, kicked out with you're ok. Week later, feeling worse (light headed, dizzy, no chest pain), went into urgent care across the street from hospital, found very subtle oddity in EKG. Told me you are going across the street for immediate admitting. Next day, stent for 85% blockage. Praise deity that urgent care caught it and was hella cheaper than ER.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

My family has a history of kidney stones. Thankfully,  I have not had the issue as I tend to hydrate with lots of water over course of the day and stay away, for the most part, from sodas, coffee (pretty much limit to a cup in the AM). What with dry CO climate and altitude, lots of water is a must, imo. And when even being bad (read: beer, whiskey), lots of water "spacers".

Fuck kidney stones.  I dealt with a series of them a few years ago.  Between the back ache, cramping bladder, and dry heaves I was ready to carve out the bastard myself.  If anyone deserves a big (but careful) hug right now, it's you. 

Im alive!!!! Still in a ridiculous amount of pain.... the nausea and vomiting are real.... Thanks to everyone for your care and concern!! And to Francesca for being my driver! 

Are y'all tired of me yet?! After my last post I had a breakdown.... round 2 hospital adventures.... and hopefully some stronger medicine! If only I could take the IV home with me 🤣🤣🤣

Spending the night in the hospital.... for pain control.... F kidney stones!!! Thanks!!!

I was hospitalized for kidney stones twice, and on the second one they gave me a magic button that released a healthy dose of Demerol every time the pain got to be too much. I felt like Pavlov's dog, and almost cried when they took away my button away and made me go home.

Be sure to follow the dietary guidelines they give you, if you do, there is a very small chance of recurrence.

2 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Are y'all tired of me yet?! After my last post I had a breakdown.... round 2 hospital adventures.... and hopefully some stronger medicine! If only I could take the IV home with me 🤣🤣🤣

First, I am very sorry you are going through this - I know it sucks and is very painful.  But a warning in general and not just directed at you: PLEASE, if prescribed any pain killer in the opioid class (percocet, oxycontin, vicodin, fentanyl, etc.) do NOT take more than prescribed or longer than you REALLY need them to get by.  They can be extremely addictive and cause horrific problems if not used properly.  I have seen a few too many have their lives devastated by addiction to them.  Wet blanket out, but hope you recover very soon.

17 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

First, I am very sorry you are going through this - I know it sucks and is very painful.  But a warning in general and not just directed at you: PLEASE, if prescribed any pain killer in the opioid class (percocet, oxycontin, vicodin, fentanyl, etc.) do NOT take more than prescribed or longer than you REALLY need them to get by.  They can be extremely addictive and cause horrific problems if not used properly.  I have seen a few too many have their lives devastated by addiction to them.  Wet blanket out, but hope you recover very soon.

Having a sister as a pharmacist an uncle DR and watching my mom battle cancer and pain meds for 9 years.... I'm th at girl that will suffer until my pain scale is 11 out of 10.... Thanks for the heads up.... the opioid addiction is ruining our country! I swear if I could take Advil and smoke a blunt for the pain I would... but my body is fighting this stent hardddddd

If anyone is in Westminster area please go take this sweet lady some food. 

43 minutes ago, Laci French said:

If anyone is in Westminster area please go take this sweet lady some food. 

You're the best!!!!!

I'm late to the party, but glad you're making it through. I'm not local to Denver, so I can do nothing but offer thoughts and prayers. Kidney stones really suck. It's amazing that something so small can cause so much pain. 

Best wishes