Johnboy#1

Lottery Winner

9 posts in this topic

The lady had followed the (bad) "advice" to immediately sign the back of her ticked. The NH lottery people claimed the public had an overwhelming right to know her name. Which trumped any right to privacy she might have had. The judge said "no". All they really want is the advertising value. Colorado allows anonymous claim of winnings

If you win big, the first thing is to secure the ticked and find a good trust attorney.

Lady wins in court

Good luck!

Signature

1 hour ago, Johnboy#1 said:

The lady had followed the (bad) "advice" to immediately sign the back of her ticked. The NH lottery people claimed the public had an overwhelming right to know her name. Which trumped any right to privacy she might have had. The judge said "no". All they really want is the advertising value. Colorado allows anonymous claim of winnings

If you win big, the first thing is to secure the ticked and find a good trust attorney.

Lady wins in court

Good luck!

Signature

Colorado allows a trust or trustee to claim it while not disclosing the name of the ticket holder. It’s close to anonymous but not quite the same and if done incorrectly could cause headaches later. 

I thought CO was a state where part of the lottery is that winners must claim publicly?  I'm pretty sure I've seen or read that somewhere multiple times

I think some lotteries pay winners a bonus for allowing their names to be published. If I won over 10 million, no bonus would be worth it.

Alas, the most I've ever won was $4, so this is a moot point.

8 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

Colorado allows a trust or trustee to claim it while not disclosing the name of the ticket holder. It’s close to anonymous but not quite the same and if done incorrectly could cause headaches later. 

What would be the incorrect wat?

5 hours ago, Bravo1 said:

I thought CO was a state where part of the lottery is that winners must claim publicly?  I'm pretty sure I've seen or read that somewhere multiple times

They say to sign the ticket to protect you. They don't advertise that you can use a trust.

They really want the pr out of the deal

1 hour ago, Johnboy#1 said:

What would be the incorrect wat?

They say to sign the ticket to protect you. They don't advertise that you can use a trust.

They really want the pr out of the deal

I get the PR part and I'm sure plenty of people would recognize your name if you won but I also think you could fly under the radar pretty well if you didn't go overboard with getting flashy things.  

11 hours ago, Johnboy#1 said:

Lady wins in court

Good luck!

Signature

With that kind of money even I could get laid! :D

6 minutes ago, boink36 said:

With that kind of money even I could get laid! :D

Boink start the bucket lady list! You may always contact B.B. if you would like to verify with him? Think we all remember his bucket extravaganza week of activities of adult action! 😄

Hell, I barely recall it 😏