Question for providers

33 posts in this topic

So I'll be a fish out of water in this post, but because I have 2 locations I sometimes text certain people. Now granted I have permission to text as long as I dont say something other than Hello, how are you (nothing super outrageous) or anything like that. And it's one of the things I ask in my screening if its okay to text. And if I dont get a text back then I leave it alone Its not desperation, or anything like that I just have certain people that dont see me unless they know I am available and some dont/cant get on TOB just to see if I have posted. 

Personally, I travel a lot. So I get inquiries from outside of my home base regularly. I typically will ask if the client would like me to contact them when I am in town, but in general, if we had a nice time we probably discussed seeing each other again as we said our goodbyes. So, I would think it appropriate for me to contact you when I am planning to return. Also, I do not text or call, so my message would come through the email we've previously used, or through the website we've been communicating on. [Snip} So there are many reasons a provider might contact you. Among them definitely could be the fact that she just needs the money, but she also might really enjoy your company as well. 

I have contacted a client after a session before because (1)our scheduling preferences fit to that particular time, other scheduling had to be specific (2) we had good chemistry and I had fun with him.

I like making sure my clients know that I think about them outside of our sessions. As out of the normal as that actually is.

Edited by AmberJ