gr8owl

camping anyone?

9 posts in this topic

With it being almost spring and all.  

Professionally or otherwise??

This was enough to make me think about lol.

Jqa9yFy.jpg

That’ll get your tent pole up

so nice pic...would love to camp with her.    bucket list item on the agenda for THIS summer is camping in steamboat and tubing the yampa!   let's make it a party?

edited to add:  "late july only...must be warm to hot summer weather!  LOL"

Edited by Winston_Smith

I am down!!! Love outdoor Nake😂Mountain Games, Bring the OFF spray 😂

and we can combine two threads combined into one...camping + hot springs!    I think there are hot springs near Steamboat that have evening adult only hours :rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, Winston_Smith said:

and we can combine two threads combined into one...camping + hot springs!    I think there are hot springs near Steamboat that have evening adult only hours :rolleyes:

Orvis Hot Springs has a campground. Reservations recommended. 

Love camping but I take my sheps. #mustlovedogs

2 hours ago, Winston_Smith said:

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Orvis Hot Springs has a campground. Reservations recommended. 

FWIW my idea of camping is to get as far away from other people (one or two close invitees excepted!!) as possible.  Unfortunately that is almost impossible any more with the 3 or 4 million folks that did not used to be here.  But it definitely leaves out hot springs and established camp grounds.  Just my preference, and I understand it works for others.  What works for others was the point of the question, so thanks!  But for me that is why pics in another thread - multi mile hike at altitude from the end of the nearest 4 wheeler road.  Reduces crowd considerably and love the views ............. and fishing!

24 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Love camping but I take my sheps. #mustlovedogs

As long as they don't mind someone else snuggling with their "mamma", hell yes!!  In a tent in high country dogs make great body warmers!!

Part of the purpose of the post other than a different topic was to ask guys if the idea of an overnight at timber line appealed and if any ladies would be up for same.  In the general sense - not an "in search of" quite.  Not till summer at least!!