Winston_Smith

Hamilton

19 posts in this topic

anyone been to see it?  or planning to go?  I am doing the daily lottery in attempt to win tickets, but i think the odds to the powerball seem better!  LOL.

Was listening to a radio program the other day out of DC. They were talking about what "Hamilton" tickets there were going for on Stubhub et al vs NYC ticket prices: NYC, now that OBCs are gone, tickets are now relatively cheap at $450-ish. Might be a better move to do a NYC or Chicago trip to see the resident companies vs hoping for Denver Ham4Ham win.

lol yes after some basic research on ticket prices in NYC, for not a lot more $ one could fly there, go see the show and spend the night in a better hotel...

go figure.

Got 6 tickets for my son's family and 4 for myself very inexpensive average price of about $75 each but I am a subscriber and and go to Every performance they put on

Also have tickets....bought them at face value on my local neighborhood site. There are still tickets available to most of the shows, not necessarily possible to get 2 seats together though

I want to see it too. Missed it when I was in NYC. I will have to start planning.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

well i keep looking for tickets...stubhub has them but not cheap...for good seats.   if i don;t win the lottery soon might have to bite the bullet...ugh.   and i don't trust sites the craigslist...to many scammers...

My little sister does the actors make up and sees everything for free. Yes I hate her dearly! Anyway, she said Hamilton is by far one of the greatest shows ever, and that she would happily pay the big money for the good seats. 

Went to see it last night it was a magical evening definitely worth seeing

man you guys are feeding the fire...still hoping to win the ticket lottery!   need a date if i do!  LOL

There are tickets still available from the box office website, look for on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, I got mine last week.

I am going to see Hamilton today. Very excited

Saw it last night - very good and I could understand most of the lyrics!  I was afraid that I couldn't.  The rap is there but understanable.  My wife liked it because there are no strobes. I'm sure it will be back in a couple of years.

I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed in it. It was very good, but I don't think it would even be possible to live up to all the hype anyway. Seen better, seen worse. I'm probably in the minority here with this opinion lol.

On 3/7/2018 at 10:26 PM, Winston_Smith said:

anyone been to see it?  or planning to go?  I am doing the daily lottery in attempt to win tickets, but i think the odds to the powerball seem better!  LOL.

No need to do the lottery.  Go onto the DPAC website and they have seats scattered around the hall.  Friends of mine just went this past Sunday and found tickets on their website.

Yeah, sure, I got my interest piqued by this thread and went to the DCPA website and found that (lottery aside) the tickets start at $145 for the crappy seats and go up to $500 for the good ones - in Denver, for criminy sakes!  Since I wouldn't want to go alone, double that.

The heck with it, if I have that much spare coin, I'm not going to see Hamilton, I'm going to see Alexa or Josie or Jos or Laci or Sydney or Jennifer ....  you get the idea! I love a good performance and my preferred shows have much better endings  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Yeah, sure, I got my interest piqued by this thread and went to the DCPA website and found that (lottery aside) the tickets start at $145 for the crappy seats and go up to $500 for the good ones - in Denver, for criminy sakes!  Since I wouldn't want to go alone, double that.

The heck with it, if I have that much spare coin, I'm not going to see Hamilton, I'm going to see Alexa or Josie or Jos or Laci or Sydney or Jennifer ....  you get the idea! I love a good performance and my preferred shows have much better endings  :rolleyes:

yes, this is exactly how i have come to see the hamilton issue...just cannot lay out that much for a pair of tickets.   I would, as BadBoy states, rather see Laci, Hunter or Devon D. to create a different sort of musical.  LOL.

p.s. edited to add:  still hope for the ticket lottery!  LOL

Edited by Winston_Smith