Gemma Chang

On Feedback

22 posts in this topic

I’ve always been a little ambivalent about review culture. This may be the age of Uber ratings and Trip Advisor stars, but when it comes to something as subjective as desire, overly-simplistic definitions of ‘positive’ vs ‘negative’ seem wholly inadequate. However, for me, personal feedback on what works (and sometimes, what doesn’t), can be a valuable thing. What’s more, affirmation of a really thrilling connection never fails to make me flush with a combination of personal and professional satisfaction. I’m also aware that information of this nature can be valuable to those seeking further information before getting in touch with a professional.

However, I'm a pretty private person, especially when it comes to details of my intimate life. I imagine many of you are as well. My work is about connection and fostering relationships, and the manner and extent to which those connections are broadcast in the review system distorts meaningful private interaction into erotica for public consumption. If you wrote a Yelp review for your therapist, would you want to disclose the intimate details of your sessions with the Internet?

There are many of us who do NOT go into blow-by-blow details of the intimate portion of our time together in Penthouse Letters fashion. We do, however, want details about: communication, scheduling, ambiance, attitude, etc.  I also like an indication of services available, FS vs FBSM in particular, but a bullet list suffices.

I've had a few ask me how I want the review written, to which I commented it's up to them as long as they cover the basics.

- Is She Legit

- Do The Pictures Match

- Did She Treat You Right

- How Was Scheduling & Communication

Otherwise everything else is really fluff and how the writer wishes to portray said lady.

I think LeAnne hit's the right points.  It's a conundrum with reviews, I rely on them to see if I would be a fit when trying to schedule with a provider, and thankfully because of that I've had only 1 really disappointing experience.  On the other hand I'm starting to think that each session, even with the same people involved, is unique and because of that reviews would only diminish the interaction.  It does seem to me that hitting the bullet points and the often derided alphabet soup of activities are perhaps the best way to go.  That way it leaves the intimate exchange between two people a somewhat unknown, but gives enough knowledge to find out if people might be a match.

5 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

There are many of us who do NOT go into blow-by-blow details of the intimate portion of our time together in Penthouse Letters fashion. We do, however, want details about: communication, scheduling, ambiance, attitude, etc.  I also like an indication of services available, FS vs FBSM in particular, but a bullet list suffices.

I'm aware of these few individuals, as they are the kinds of gentlemen I choose to see, or the ones who don't review at all. It's the diluting ourselves to yeses and noes or 1-10 that I find almost petty. The vulgar way in which men have written about me just sounds like a good swanking. 

I had one client on TER give me an 8 for appearance, when I've gotten 9s and 10s from previous clients. This dimmed my spirit a bit. And recalling back to the date, it was really quite a lovely time and we are both excited to see one another again, so who cares about an 8 out of 10? I find myself sinking into the shallow world of reviews in ways such as that time and time again. 

4 minutes ago, JAGCS said:

I think LeAnne hit's the right points.  It's a conundrum with reviews, I rely on them to see if I would be a fit when trying to schedule with a provider, and thankfully because of that I've had only 1 really disappointing experience.  On the other hand I'm starting to think that each session, even with the same people involved, is unique and because of that reviews would only diminish the interaction.  It does seem to me that hitting the bullet points and the often derided alphabet soup of activities are perhaps the best way to go.  That way it leaves the intimate exchange between two people a somewhat unknown, but gives enough knowledge to find out if people might be a match.

If a client thinks that my reviews are a better way to get to know me rather than the detail I've put into my website, my contributions to forums, or even my social media, then he isn't really interested in getting to know me at all. 

4 hours ago, Gemma Chang said:

I'm aware of these few individuals, as they are the kinds of gentlemen I choose to see, or the ones who don't review at all. It's the diluting ourselves to yeses and noes or 1-10 that I find almost petty. The vulgar way in which men have written about me just sounds like a good swanking. 

I had one client on TER give me an 8 for appearance, when I've gotten 9s and 10s from previous clients. This dimmed my spirit a bit. And recalling back to the date, it was really quite a lovely time and we are both excited to see one another again, so who cares about an 8 out of 10? I find myself sinking into the shallow world of reviews in ways such as that time and time again. 

I look in the mirror every morning and reassure myself I'm one of the best looking men in the world. :D then I go out in the world and all day long people remind me it's not true. when I wake up in the morning it all starts over again. be a 10 in your own eyes because the only opinion about how you look that counts, is yours.

43 minutes ago, Gemma Chang said:

I had one client on TER give me an 8 for appearance, when I've gotten 9s and 10s from previous clients. This dimmed my spirit a bit. ... 

Sorry, but unless you’re on top of the international modeling circuit or a mega millions movie star, do you really deserve a 10 for looks? Many of them don’t either, but makeup artists can do wonders. But as you say, are looks really that important.

45 minutes ago, Gemma Chang said:

If a client thinks that my reviews are a better way to get to know me rather than the detail I've put into my website, my contributions to forums, or even my social media, then he isn't really interested in getting to know me at all. 

Do you buy the advertising hype of Ford, Toyota, Chevy, or Shag Man, or do listen to your friends & read CarFax before you buy that ‘new’ car? Do you check the latest electronic reviews before buying a new piece of gear? What you decide to put in your web presence is not exactly objective. Nor should it be; you want to put your best foot forward. We temper that with outside information.

3 hours ago, boink36 said:

I look in the mirror every morning and reassure myself I'm one of the best looking men in the world. :D then I go out in the world and all day long people remind me it's not true. when I wake up in the morning it all starts over again. be a 10 in your own eyes because the only opinion about how you look that counts, is yours.

Love this 😍😍😍😍

We can be so hard on ourselves. An 8 on appearance is smoking hot in my book. I mean a 10 is perfection, a 9 is damn near perfect. Basically, for this review you were right under damn near perfect!  Lol. 😙

- I had one client on TER give me an 8 for appearance, when I've gotten 9s and 10s from previous clients.

I will say that TER's review system is sometimes confusing, you are restricted on what you can give based on activities you choose.  The person may have not wanted to give you an 8, but when he went to submit the review he may have gotten a message that the highest rating you can give for this session is *.  Perhaps I'm not the only one who struggles with reviews on TER, which is why I really don't try there anymore.

2 minutes ago, JAGCS said:

- I had one client on TER give me an 8 for appearance, when I've gotten 9s and 10s from previous clients.

I will say that TER's review system is sometimes confusing, you are restricted on what you can give based on activities you choose.  The person may have not wanted to give you an 8, but when he went to submit the review he may have gotten a message that the highest rating you can give for this session is *.  Perhaps I'm not the only one who struggles with reviews on TER, which is why I really don't try there anymore.

Hmm, I don't really understand TER either, as it's basically entirely client-run anyway since you can't have a profile until someone writes about you. And by that, I certainly didn't mean that my looks are that important or that I "deserve" a higher rating, because that is the least of my concerns. It's simply that TER is almost entirely run by the numbers and if the numbers aren't up to par, neither are you as a professional. 

TER’s rating system is so skewed/screwed-up that I NEVER trust their reviews for anything more than establishing that the provider is legitimate & NOT LE.

LeAnne's checklist is certainly all that should be necessary for reviews. 

I almost exclusively use this board now, even though I started on TER, for the reasons you all have mentioned. 

gemma, you should just really get on the not review list. reviews are just a part of this culture. No matter what part of the globe you may participate in this activity.

yes, some are over the top. and yes, some are too minimal for others. me personally I do rely on reviews as a part of the equation of choosing a lady. reviews are a helpful resource for both men and women to formulate decisions. and if a lady or a gent have multiples. this gives us important insight of whom we will be spending time with! also a person with several reviews generally means a safety thing.

I today would never see a lady without reviews!  reading a ladies language in her website is a potential start. but hearing peoples collective experiences is more telling to me of who this lady is in person. nothing is absolute. but reviews really help give me great insight of who I will be spending my time with. as it's always a bummer to not connect when seeing someone. especially when an available resource could have been used.

and as far as you getting a rating of 8 on TER. I'm sorry you didn't get a 9 or higher:huh:? but with your opinion of reviews. wouldn't the numbering scale in the reviewing process be quite subjective as well?

9 hours ago, parkercole said:

gemma, you should just really get on the not review list. reviews are just a part of this culture. No matter what part of the globe you may participate in this activity.

yes, some are over the top. and yes, some are too minimal for others. me personally I do rely on reviews as a part of the equation of choosing a lady. reviews are a helpful resource for both men and women to formulate decisions. and if a lady or a gent have multiples. this gives us important insight of whom we will be spending time with! also a person with several reviews generally means a safety thing.

I today would never see a lady without reviews!  reading a ladies language in her website is a potential start. but hearing peoples collective experiences is more telling to me of who this lady is in person. nothing is absolute. but reviews really help give me great insight of who I will be spending my time with. as it's always a bummer to not connect when seeing someone. especially when an available resource could have been used.

and as far as you getting a rating of 8 on TER. I'm sorry you didn't get a 9 or higher:huh:? but with your opinion of reviews. wouldn't the numbering scale in the reviewing process be quite subjective as well?

[Snip}

I'm aware that reviews are part of the culture. So patronizing me and my knowledge of the "hobby" isn't necessary. 

I really didn't create this post to debate with anyone. I was simply sharing work written by two different women. The first paragraph is from a woman in England. The second, a lady in LA. These opinions are clearly felt worldwide. 

parkercole, I apologize for sounding crass or ill-mannered in my last comment. My harshness was simply out of frustration of being misunderstood here. Although I'm also not a woman who is of fan of being told what to do.. 

Of course I know that reviews are a very important part of the game, just as important as references. And it would simply be moronic to remove my current reviews or no longer accept reviews, and good ones at that. I'd get absolutely no bookings! 

What I'm attempting to express is my dissatisfaction with the methods of reviewing. I am not a number. I am not a 'yes' or a 'no.' I think of my clients as lovers with whom I share my dirty little secrets, and being written of in such a black and white fashion by those I shared such intimate encounters with has me conflicted. That's all. 

I don't believe the system must be abolished entirely. I recognize its significance.[Snip}, and gauge for yourself whether or not we may be compatible.

When I said that I was offended by the 8 rating, it was only for a brief moment. I was attempting to explain that even I can get sucked into the dark world of reviewing with its importance in numbers, and I hate that about it. Because as I stated, I am not a number and it's not productive for me, or for anyone, to view anyone as such. Life is not a totem pole. 

On 3/3/2018 at 4:28 PM, LeAnne Moira said:

I've had a few ask me how I want the review written, to which I commented it's up to them as long as they cover the basics.

- Is She Legit

- Do The Pictures Match

- Did She Treat You Right

- How Was Scheduling & Communication

Otherwise everything else is really fluff and how the writer wishes to portray said lady.

^^This^^ is why I like reviews. 

• Is she legit
  • Get a link to their P411
  • Are they her pictures
  • What kind of activities were on the menu

I then have to read the reviews to get the details like sensuality, contact method and response, screening, incall location (I am very geographically constrained), and incall type.  

The positive or negative (Yes/No) answer to me asks would you repeat?  As I have said in another thread a no will highly influence my decision.  However, I do read the review and try to determine if the reviewer is just a bitter guy that could not get what he expected for the time and money.  I will ignore the bitter users no's but if there are multiple no's for similar reasons that's indicative of an underlying issue. 

Without a review there is no way to know what I can expect with my time.  However, I do not like the reviews that seem to be from penthouse letters.  I don't need graphic details, just a feel for the session.

On 3/3/2018 at 9:14 PM, Bit Banger said:

TER’s rating system is so skewed/screwed-up that I NEVER trust their reviews for anything more than establishing that the provider is legitimate & NOT LE.

With TER it is much easier to state what is good about it than what is jacked up. What is good about it is:

the end.

On 3/3/2018 at 5:39 PM, boink36 said:

I look in the mirror every morning and reassure myself I'm one of the best looking men in the world. :D then I go out in the world and all day long people remind me it's not true. when I wake up in the morning it all starts over again. be a 10 in your own eyes because the only opinion about how you look that counts, is yours.

Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder...or so I have heard. :D

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I agree with others who have commented that that the best reviews are ones that let you compare pretty objective information -- logistics, accuracy, communications and such.

As for reviews that read like the old Penthouse Forum, if they are true, they're misleading in a specific, common way: "Your Mileage May Vary" -- which is a crude way to say all encounters WILL be different.

It took me a while to realize that visiting someone based on a spicy, detailed review would likely lead to a disappointing encounter because I was fixated on something that the reviewer wrote (which, again, may have been an exaggeration or simply untrue) and that fixation crowded out any chance of having my own unique (and possibly spicy ;- ) visit.

It is a double edged sword. You won't likely experience what the reviewer did nor will you be open to your own potentially better experience. Save the creative writing to Bob Guccione's crew...