dbarwell

What do you prefer, independents or agencies?

16 posts in this topic

I've been in the hobby for a bit now, but have only seen independent providers so far. I've been having a bit of trouble lining up schedules with independent providers lately though, so I think I might dabble in some agency providers for a little while since it's so easy to set up an appointment.

Just curious of what people think about both kinds of providers, what do you think are the Pros/Cons for independent vs agencies?

If you’re looking for a specific YL from an agency, then your scheduling difficulties will remain the same. One of the advantages of agencies is that if you’re not picky about who they send, you can often get a “short notice date”. Another is that for a reputable agency, you don’t need to research every YL.  After doing business with them for a while, they learn your tastes (especially if you give them feedback) tailoring who they send.

On another note: I tend to tip “employees” for good service more often than I do independent contractors who can set their own rates. I apply this guideline in many situations, not just ‘the hobby’.

Edited by Bit Banger
Added bit about tipping

It is always my preference to deal solely with the individual I'm going to be with or that I wish a service or product from. That way my contribution is not split with a second party. Not saying that there is anything wrong with dealing with an agency just prefer one on one transactions

My take on this is that you’re asking the question about independents vs agencies...especially since you’re having issues setting up appts with independents.

You haven’t contributed much on this board and I’m wondering if you have references, are willing to meet independent ladies screening or are just learning your way.

I’m going to approach this from a screening/reference situation.

With an agency, you can call them and they will send a lady your way or arrange for you to meet a lady at her in all. The lady you see may or may not be the lady in the picture you are looking at. That being said, getting a reference from an agency in order to meet a lady who requires references probably will not happen and the independent lady probably will not accept a reference from an agency.

Most independent ladies will require you to pass their screening before seeing you and that may or may not require references. But once you see an independent lady, lost will provide a reference for you.

My advice is if you don’t want to provide screening information, call an agency.

If you prefer to see a particular lady, seek out a newbie friendly lady, pass her screening, visit with her and if you are respectful she most likely will provide a reference.

Oncenyou have seen a few ladies and have several references and screening, it will become easier to get an appt with a lady.

You can always join an organization such as P411 who will screen you to an extent.

Most important, always be respectful.

Hunter, the operative word is “tend”, as in “more likely to”. I still tip for exceptional service.  All of that extra work should be built into your rates, and you don’t have to split your fee with ‘the house’. I apply the same logic to other businesses where ‘the house’ sets the fee structure: salons, massage(LMT) services, restaurants, etc.

If the lady in the photo is hot and you want to see her,does it really matter if she is independent  or with an agency ??

13 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

If the lady in the photo is hot and you want to see her,does it really matter if she is independent  or with an agency ??

It does to me. Agencies take part of the payment, independents get to keep what they make. Given a choice, I'll go with an independent every time! 

5 hours ago, pfunk said:

It does to me. Agencies take part of the payment, independents get to keep what they make. Given a choice, I'll go with an independent every time! 

True...but the agencies part of the payment goes towards paying for the ads and other expenses that an independent still has to pay.

There is nothing wrong choosing  

independent  or with agencies  

Question:  Do men prefer independent gals or gals with agencies?

Answer: Men prefer blowjobs.

17 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Question:  Do men prefer independent gals or gals with agencies?

Answer: Men prefer blowjobs.

Exactly.  :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

True...but the agencies part of the payment goes towards paying for the ads and other expenses that an independent still has to pay.

And part of it goes into the pocket of the owner of the "agency" that could have just as easily gone to the lady.  Ultimately it is a business decision by the lady as to whether the things the "agent" does for them is a bigger benefit than the cost.  I prefer to buy direct, but each to their own.

I almost always end up visiting independent ladies - not sure why, I just do.  However, there was an agency here a few years ago that was on my speed-dial.  If some other gal cancelled at the last minute, or did a NCNS, or if I was just on really, really, short notice for some reason, bada bing - one press on the speed-dial and they had a gorgeous young lady available within 30 minutes - always beautiful, always fun.  Only downside was the $100 premium, so I only used them for emergency purposes, but damn, I miss having that option.

At some point in my research, I seem to have read that the term "agency" can be skewed to read "pimp" by LE - maybe I read it wrong, maybe the aspartame is messing with my synapses, maybe it was filtered that way because of my newbie anxiety at the time.   But fact remains,  I have personally steered clear of agencies simply because more cooks in the kitchen usually screws things up in my opinion, aaaaaaaand because I really like to experience some direct communication with a potential provider prior to meeting.  Just a little back and forth can add a lot to my attraction of a provider, and agencies seem to be a firewall in that respect....

25 minutes ago, lintlizard said:

At some point in my research, I seem to have read that the term "agency" can be skewed to read "pimp" by LE - maybe I read it wrong, ...

You did not read that wrong. From an LE standpoint both are pandering. 

There are good agencies, who provide valuable services (advertising, scheduling, billing, etc.) to the service providers. Just as exist in many other service industries ( data processing, cleaning services, etc.).  And there are bad agencies who merely skim profits, or worse participate in trafficking or coercion.  Choose wisely!

From a YL’s perspective, does she want to deal with all the business aspects, or does she just want to show up, romp, and get paid?

My DP agency got 70% of my billing rate. But they provided a salary, full benefits package, and coverage for some downtime. Sure, I could have struck out on my own, but then I would have been scrambling to find the next job, covering the gaps in pay, and providing my own insurance packages. My salary was more than sufficient to meet my needs. They (the agency) earned their keep.