Gemma Chang

Fear Of Screening..?

33 posts in this topic

It may just be me, but it seems that I've encountered a lot of potential clients who run in the other direction when I state that I require screening prior to the date. Have we forgotten how this works? This has only been with local clients, might I add. 

Yeah, this has been happening for a while now...2+years. Guys think they’re entitled to our goods. Quality guys will contact you and not get their panties in a twist. 

I just had a guy ask how to get around screening. Extra $? Listen up dude! Extra money will do me no good if I’m dead or end up w silver bracelets. Same guy said he was going to see other girls, just to get the refs I require. NOPE! It’s effing RUDE! 

So to the LURKERS either go through screening or get a P411 account. We screen for our safety!!!! 

9 hours ago, Gemma Chang said:

It may just be me, but it seems that I've encountered a lot of potential clients who run in the other direction when I state that I require screening prior to the date. Have we forgotten how this works? This has only been with local clients, might I add. 

Maybe but I don't think the smart clients have forgotten. smart clients are not going to give you employment information, home address or other personal information. only references,  hobby name, hobby phone, review link, and P411 or other sites. I think guys who are running the other direction when ask about employment are remembering just fine.

1 hour ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Yeah, this has been happening for a while now...2+years. Guys think they’re entitled to our goods. Quality guys will contact you and not get their panties in a twist. 

I just had a guy ask how to get around screening. Extra $? Listen up dude! Extra money will do me no good if I’m dead or end up w silver bracelets. Same guy said he was going to see other girls, just to get the refs I require. NOPE! It’s effing RUDE! 

So to the LURKERS either go through screening or get a P411 account. We screen for our safety!!!! 

Truly!! I simply don't engage them any further if they're going to be like that. I can't believe they would expect us to even spit on them for anything less than that. 

8 minutes ago, boink36 said:

Maybe but I don't think the smart clients have forgotten. smart clients are not going to give you employment information, home address or other personal information. only references,  hobby name, hobby phone, review link, and P411 or other sites. I think guys who are running the other direction when ask about employment are remembering just fine.

It's more often that I'll simply say, "I must screen you prior to scheduling a date" that I get absolutely no response in return. These are the dudes who send me one sentence "Are you available right now?" emails. I've begun to not even respond to those and only engage further with those who actually fill out my booking form completely. I really don't ever push the employment stuff. I even have an alternative form of screening where I provide in-person consultations if you don't have any references or do not feel comfortable providing employment info. 

I seem to have no issues getting references or even employment verification from in town for business gents. They'll send it all with their first attempt to contact me. 

Edited by Gemma Chang

You already know where I work, the location, photos of me, age, description, etc...and there is only 1 of me. Unless a Provider sees only 1 client a year then she may not screen, but probably still should. The rest of us see multiple clients so unless your special in the way of being inappropriate, violent, an asshat, etc your screening info is never even looked at again. Comparable risks gets you so much further with anyone. Skin in the game I believe it’s called. I’m literally offering all my skin. Can you really complain about a business email/card, photo or location? 

16 minutes ago, sweetkarizmatic said:

You already know where I work, the location, photos of me, age, description, etc...and there is only 1 of me. Unless a Provider sees only 1 client a year then she may not screen, but probably still should. The rest of us see multiple clients so unless your special in the way of being inappropriate, violent, an asshat, etc your screening info is never even looked at again. Comparable risks gets you so much further with anyone. Skin in the game I believe it’s called. I’m literally offering all my skin. Can you really complain about a business email/card, photo or location? 

+

Edited by Gemma Chang

On 2/25/2018 at 10:03 AM, sweetkarizmatic said:

I won't complain about it, but I won't give you that info cause I don't know you. Gonna sell it? Hit me up a week later for a service-free donation to keep my secret? Gonna call my boss if I don't tip enough? Maybe YOU wouldn't do that. Gonna make that promise for every girl? I'll give ya references. You can have my board name. I let go of p411 cause I don't travel much any more but I got OKs here. You want my real name? Work email? I'll decline. I'll be polite about it. But I'll decline. 

2 minutes ago, jj254 said:

I won't complain about it, but I won't give you that info cause I don't know you. Gonna sell it? Hit me up a week later for a service-free donation to keep my secret? Gonna call my boss if I don't tip enough? Maybe YOU wouldn't do that. Gonna make that promise for every girl? I'll give ya references. You can have my board name. I let go of p411 cause I don't travel much any more but I got OKs here. You want my real name? Work email? I'll decline. I'll be polite about it. But I'll decline. 

And you have the right to decline screening just as every Provider has the right to their particular screening processes. But if you don’t follow them, you won’t see that particular Provider. Simple as pie 😏

8 minutes ago, sweetkarizmatic said:

And you have the right to decline screening just as every Provider has the right to their particular screening processes. But if you don’t follow them, you won’t see that particular Provider. Simple as pie 😏

I agree 100%. I wouldn't mind if ladies put some of that screening info in the ad. It means we're not a match so I won't waste your/my time. I don't argue the rules a lady sets. We both gotta be comfortable for it to be a fun time. Whole world could use a few more please and thank yous. 

I use P411 for screening. Beyond that I will provide info for a well reviewed provider.  There is really no way around some risk being taken by both parties.  My only issue with screening is time, when I have random free time show up its very difficult to meet up quickly if there is a screening request.  I do get a bit annoyed when I set up with someone from P411 and they still request I use their website and enter screening information. 

42 minutes ago, SensualAddict said:

I use P411 for screening. Beyond that I will provide info for a well reviewed provider.  There is really no way around some risk being taken by both parties.  My only issue with screening is time, when I have random free time show up its very difficult to meet up quickly if there is a screening request.  I do get a bit annoyed when I set up with someone from P411 and they still request I use their website and enter screening information. 

Have you considered pre-screening with one or a few ladies? That way, when your window of opportunity arises, the sreening part is already out of the way. We do that a lot here with so many people planning short trips with itineraries that are... well, its Vegas... 

I provided screening information when I was new, including some generic employment information.  Since that time, the references those wonderful providers supplied have been sufficient.  It would've seemed really odd back then to NOT be screened.  

10 hours ago, jj254 said:

I have to agree with you on this one.  I could never put my real info out there so I have to just work my way up with good references by being a polite and gentlemanly client.

As a newbie, am I considered a newbie still? I’ve met with two different providers and one of them twice? When does my newbie status end? Sorry I got distracted. As a new person to this hobby, screening scared the heck out of me. It felt vulnerable to give personal info out. Some people said they never did, some people say it’s the only way. P411 was what’s worked for me. I got a call at work, an employee picked up the phone. Wrote down a code. I asked if I had any calls today, they gave me the code. I emailed it to p411 and I was verified. They know my info and that’s all. Individual providers don’t. But you have to put your neck out a little. NO RISK, NO REWARD. Now that I’m in, it’s easy to see providers don’t give two shits who you are. As long as you are nice and don’t try to scam anyone. they make more money with happy clients then blackmail. Have you ever tried to blackmail someone? It’s a lot of work. 😂 

I guess I will count myself as one of the really lucky ones. I never had to join P411 to enjoy this hobby. I found someone initially who was Newbie Friendly and I just built references from there. Sure , almost every reputable provider does some time of screening but initially I only saw the ones that asked for the information that I was comfortable giving. Everyone has there own comfort level when it comes to that stuff. I never had to give out my real world info or pics to visit the providers That I chose to see. Eventually over time ( 1 year) it became very easy to see anyone I chose. I think having  a list of references here on TOB is most important to my success along with always treating the ladies with the respect they deserve. I always try to keep adding to my references with current and active providers. Luckily I have never been turned down from seeing any provider I have wanted to see in the last year by just opening my references for them to view here on TOB.

1 hour ago, PieluvinTexan said:

I guess I will count myself as one of the really lucky ones. I never had to join P411 to enjoy this hobby. I found someone initially who was Newbie Friendly and I just built references from there. Sure , almost every reputable provider does some time of screening but initially I only saw the ones that asked for the information that I was comfortable giving. Everyone has there own comfort level when it comes to that stuff. I never had to give out my real world info or pics to visit the providers That I chose to see. Eventually over time ( 1 year) it became very easy to see anyone I chose. I think having  a list of references here on TOB is most important to my success along with always treating the ladies with the respect they deserve. I always try to keep adding to my references with current and active providers. Luckily I have never been turned down from seeing any provider I have wanted to see in the last year by just opening my references for them to view here on TOB.

Me too.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:00 AM, Gemma Chang said:

Hello Gemma. An interesting issue for sure. I'd say that anyone running from screening in general (lots of ways to screen, right? :) ) either hasn't done their due diligence wrt the scene or the lady they've contacted, or else they're suspect. I think any respectable client is going to understand that some kind of screening on the lady's part is both smart and necessary for her sake, and agree to work with it. Personally, I've never had a problem giving personal info in addition to references--but only because by the time that I've reached out, I've researched everything available on the lady--reviews and time/presence-on-board(s) are big in this context--as well as checked in with my gut, and feel reasonably confident that she can be trusted. No hiccups so far. Cheers!  

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:16 AM, Casey Williams said:

I get hung up on when I screen so I don't screen. 

Hi Casey. I hope you reconsider that approach going forward, for your own sake.

Welcome to the board, btw! :) 

Since it’s kinda the same topic I have a question. I see clients reviewing providers and we can discuss provider experiences via pm. When I share my references to new providers, are old providers giving reviews of me too? “Nice guy, has a weird thing for hello kitty. No B.O.” or is it more like he’s not LE. Or he has references and that’s enough. Is it more a convo on the client or not so much. Just curious. 

25 minutes ago, Denver303 said:

Since it’s kinda the same topic I have a question. I see clients reviewing providers and we can discuss provider experiences via pm. When I share my references to new providers, are old providers giving reviews of me too? “Nice guy, has a weird thing for hello kitty. No B.O.” or is it more like he’s not LE. Or he has references and that’s enough. Is it more a convo on the client or not so much. Just curious. 

I don't think this should be answered on a public forum. Just my $.15, someone mentioned 3 pence in a different thread, inflation inflation. 

2 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

I don't think this should be answered on a public forum. Just my $.15, someone mentioned 3 pence in a different thread, inflation inflation. 

Oh really? It was more of a curious user interface thing really. I guess I can just ask a provider next time I see one. Or if someone wants to pm me an answer. Or I can become a provider and find out myself but I don’t think I would get many clients. Too much facial hair. 

In general I would assume that if the ladies contact each other, then they have a short conversation about you. This can work both ways. If you’ve been a bad boy (LE, hurtful, stalker, etc.) your secrets’ out. But it could also be “He really likes ZZ.  But don’t try to YY; he’ll freak.”  Of course there are other ways to screen: black lists, white lists, P411 & TOB references, The Dog, Beth, & company (😁).

11 hours ago, Denver303 said:

Oh really? It was more of a curious user interface thing really. I guess I can just ask a provider next time I see one. Or if someone wants to pm me an answer. Or I can become a provider and find out myself but I don’t think I would get many clients. Too much facial hair. 

Ya, I know of a couple that are always busting someone that tries to get thru their screening, why give em any extra info they might be able to use. BCD or PM would be the best. I've never asked myself so no idea how they screen except what's posted in ads or websites. 

Edited by fishndude57

16 hours ago, Denver303 said:

This is what we talk about!  :D

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Every person has a comfort level on info and discretion. A provider chooses her screening process same as she chooses her rate, and what's on her service menu.  If a client is not down with any of it, he does not see her and both should be just fine with that. The only reason it is a problem is that people see the rules but then want an "exception" to them.

Please understand and no, you need not become abrasive while asking. However, it vital that you screen or have some sort of protection for yourself. Please understand clients, even if you are a smaller guy, you still have the upper hand with a lady for the most part.  Seldom are providers packing heat when we meet you at our door.  Mostly it is just our lips getting ready to plant a kiss on you! 

On 3/13/2018 at 6:20 PM, Denver303 said:

It's  more of a yes, I saw him, he was safe, on time, and clean----or some variation. It is not OMG, he has the smallest pee pee, or he wore Spongebob boxers. We don't get into intimate details.