Ariel jadore

Best Local Denver restaurants

43 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2018 at 10:32 AM, cosmo said:

I have been a UTR guy on here since the site beginings and had to re-register in 15 when the site changed enough I could not recall my PW etc.  Anyway in all the years I have never posted anything but reviews and those in limited numbers.  But this thread forced me out of my shell a bit because my ATF favorite restaurant has come up a couple of times.

I have been going to Blue Bonnet since the late 80s and have only had one thing on the menu all these years.  Beef Chimichanga  and that with the house chips and salsa is all I ever need or want. 

Plus a Negra Modela of course.

Cosmo

I love Modela both light & Dark. The Negra is the right amount of dark or heavier beer without being to dark. Another great dark beer would be a German Dunkel.

21 minutes ago, Ilikemike7691 said:

Its true about Casa Bonita though it is amazing the place is still in business...the absolute worst food on the planet! I went there as a kid and had a great time.But I went there about 12 years ago with some friends that had come to town for a visit...it was so bad we didn't even stay for the sopapilla's

You didn't stay for the sopapillas!  Damn, that's the best part, way better than the other slop they serve (but it's still fun to watch the cliff divers).

If you like a good burger and fries Jim's Burger Haven can't be beat, couple locations on the north side!  Don't forget the malts!

I like how SouthPark fans who are not from here ask about Casa Bonita like it’s some amazing place. Feel bad when they learn the truth. 

3350 Brighton Blvd.  Griddled Tacos with the Pork at the Hispanic Restaurant inside the Source.  OMG! AMAZING!! Guadalajara on 72nd, east of Pecos, in a round building, they have amazing Tacos.  NAMASTE on 52nd and Wadsworth has a 9.99 Lunch and its so good! Next to Cold Stone!! They are from Nepal and they are my friends parents, GO THERE NOW! 

For good seafood you can't beat Cherry Crestate S. University and Orchard. I don't think they fry anything but it's all good.

Jax down town, seafood made to order.....even the clam chowder make it from scratch right there....cool atmosphere and smooth jazz .....take a girl there and youl get laid for sure

It may not be local but Fogo De Chao downtown is an all time fave!!! Brazilian restaurant served by gauchos!!! Who doesn't want all you can eat meat!!

I found Mama Louise in Aurora (Parker Road and Orchard) to be an outstanding place for good Italian. 

Today is The Blue Bonnet’s 50th Anniversary.  Headed there now for a Beef Chimi and a Nega Modelo.