Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilovewomen

BS

19 posts in this topic

I find that as I get older, I’m less tolerant of BS that I hear or read or what I perceive as BS.

Anyine else feeling the same way?

Not only getting more tired and less able to put up with the BS it occurs more often and is more blatant then I ever remember why people think you should believe their crap I don't know

2 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

Not only getting more tired and less able to put up with the BS it occurs more often and is more blatant then I ever remember why people think you should believe their crap I don't know

It could be we believe more BS is occurring and is more blatant because we are older and we can recognize it easier.

Or maybe it’s that we don’t have that sense of entitlement that some people have.

Or maybe as being aloof a mature age, we have more respect for people.

You can only let it roll off your chest for so long...

Edited by JYS2020

In completely agree.  Things I would have put up with years ago now I can't stand now.  

More the opposite for me. As I get older, I'm happy and very indifferent to what other people say, do, or think. In terms or verbal and written BS, I don't care at all what they say, think or write no matter how preposterous. I does'nt really matter much what they DO either, as long as it does not create problems for me. In that event, I come down on them hard, but I would not call that a change from the past.

Well as you know I'm old (80) and BS falls into two catagories the general stuff to include spam I just ignore. BUT anything personal gets the full blast from me. I just don't put up with it no mater who it is from - friends, sales people, family, etc. Fortunately the folks I visit in the hobby don't seem to put it out. Thanks girls.

8 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I find that as I get older, I’m less tolerant of BS that I hear or read or what I perceive as BS.

5 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Or maybe as being aloof a mature age, we have more respect for people.

This I will call BS on.

More respect for people, yet less tolerant at what you perceive to be BS???

I will take this thread to be a call to arms re: "my worldview is the correct one and anyone that goes against it is full of it" disguised as deep, philosophical "wisdom".

2 hours ago, Admiral C said:

More the opposite for me. As I get older, I'm happy and very indifferent to what other people say, do, or think. In terms or verbal and written BS, I don't care at all what they say, think or write no matter how preposterous. I does'nt really matter much what they DO either, as long as it does not create problems for me. In that event, I come down on them hard, but I would not call that a change from the past.

I agree. I have more patience in lines or traffic these days. Part of it is that with my retarded (retired) lifestyle, I’m just not in a hurry these days. 

It’s still more about stress level for me than age.

If I’m not stressed most bs doesn’t bother me I just ignore it or laugh it off.  Because of my work some days I’m very stressed and any type of bs means I’m going to be calling you out on it.

the older you get and the more real the concept of eventual demise gets because it is too close to want to think about ..... the more you realize time is far too precious to spend it wading in bullshit!  I am out to enjoy every remaining minute and bullshit and aggravation had best get the hell out of the way!

If you lie down under the back of an elephant for the shade and get shit on, how long before you catch on that more patience in the shade will just get you shit on again?  Time to move and try different approach. :cool:

I find that as I age my allergies to stupid people and pain seem to get worse.  Unfortunately, there is not any medical help for this, and Jose and jack just seem to intensify the allergy to stupid :)

Part of it is just understanding whats really important.  The things I freaked out about in my youth turned out to be just unimportant.  The BS factor is just realizing that what the other person thinks is critical is in actuality not.  Like driving aggressively in rush hour, you might get to work 1 minute earlier but really why bother for the stress.  

On 2/21/2018 at 6:48 AM, ilovewomen said:

Happens to most of us. It’s called the GOP. Grouchy Old People. LOL 😆 

Wonder about the algorithms of B.S. ?! Know how would I apply that on a excel spreadsheet? My RW day job has that spectrum covered 10 fold. 

Greasy Blasted BS. Life! 

On 2/21/2018 at 6:48 AM, ilovewomen said:

Yes! I'm becoming a grumpy old man, too! 

Image result for grumpy old men

9 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Wonder about the algorithms of B.S. ?! Know how would I apply that on a excel spreadsheet? 

Actually, there's quite a bit of research out there and I suspect not coincidentally, much of it has been fueled by Israeli psychologists.  For the original work, look especially for papers by Tversky, Kahneman or Ariely. Despite claims about age and wisdom made here, their data show that most of what we think about our abilities to detect BS is... uh... BS.  Both Kahneman and Ariely have written books aimed more at lay readers if you don't want to wade through the original papers.

Edited by Happymon
typo

6 hours ago, Happymon said:

Actually, there's quite a bit of research out there and I suspect not coincidentally, much of it has been fueled by Israeli psychologists.  For the original work, look especially for papers by Tversky, Kahneman or Ariely. Despite claims about age and wisdom made here, their data show that most of what we think about our abilities to detect BS is... uh... BS.  Both Kahneman and Ariely have written books aimed more at lay readers if you don't want to wade through the original papers.

https://ultraculture.org/blog/2015/05/21/carl-jung-red-book/

Thank you, Happymon and also thank you of your happy tan ten toes too! :)