Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shredder_dude

Colorado Springs Free STD testing?

19 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there is any free clinics in Colorado springs for STD testing?  Or any low cost clinics?  Since I'm in the hobby, I'd like to get tested periodically.

Many years ago I had a sales\delivery route in Colorado Springs. One of my stops was the Health Department building over by Memorial Park. There was an STD clinic in there. I don't know what, if anything it cost back then or now, but it could not have been much judging from the looks of the people in the chairs I passed with the dolly.

If you have health insurance, that's the least expensive way to go. I get all blood work every three months, cholesterol, etc. I'm 60 so why not. Again all work, $120 copay with insurance. They pay around $1200. Nothings free. All my tests are thru my physician. 

Edited by fishndude57

If you’re single, go through you primary care physician.

If not, things get more difficult. With HIPA you can block your spouse from your medical records, but then you have to explain WHY? Or if you grant her access, you’ll have to explain why your getting tested for STDs.  Most of the “free” clinics will offer some level of anonymous testing. 

Good luck!

4 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Many years ago I had a sales\delivery route in Colorado Springs. One of my stops was the Health Department building over by Memorial Park. There was an STD clinic in there. I don't know what, if anything it cost back then or now, but it could not have been much judging from the looks of the people in the chairs I passed with the dolly.

This but they’re now off off Garden of the Gods in the same building as Dept of human Services. Second floor! 

It ain't free, but it's less than a hand job and you need to get it done.  I go online to https://www.stdcheck.com/std-test-pricing.php

The deal is you put in a bunch of fake ID information, pay by credit card, and this company sends you a voucher with the fake name and address on it and you go to any LabCorp office and get a 10-panel STD test for $195.  They e-mail the results to you at whatever e-mail address you provide (I use my sporting address).

Therefore it is totally anonymous in your hometown, your doc has no idea, etc.  Yes, in theory the company could cross reference the fake information with your credit card, but really, who gives a shit.

I go in every six months, they even know me by my fake name...

Thanks everyone for the input!  I had a glove break on me a while back and went to my PCP and it was around $300 for STD test (test came back clean) , I guess my health insurance is pretty shitty.  Just trying to find a cheaper alternative.

16 hours ago, BadBoy said:

It ain't free, but it's less than a hand job and you need to get it done.  I go online to https://www.stdcheck.com/std-test-pricing.php

The deal is you put in a bunch of fake ID information, pay by credit card, and this company sends you a voucher with the fake name and address on it and you go to any LabCorp office and get a 10-panel STD test for $195.  They e-mail the results to you at whatever e-mail address you provide (I use my sporting address).

Therefore it is totally anonymous in your hometown, your doc has no idea, etc.  Yes, in theory the company could cross reference the fake information with your credit card, but really, who gives a shit.

LOL!   So what happens if you have something? How do u get treated with your fake name?  

I dunno, hasn't come up yet.  I guess then I would go to a doc.  Planned parenthood is good for treatment on an anonymous basis.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 0:36 PM, shredder_dude said:

Does anyone know if there is any free clinics in Colorado springs for STD testing?  Or any low cost clinics?  Since I'm in the hobby, I'd like to get tested periodically.

Since you've got the time and disposable income to participate here, not to mention an employer-provided health care plan,  I think it's pretty ballsy to expect the public to pay for your STD testing.  

I thought the same thing Happymon,  isn’t it still classified info between you and the doc?   It was for me in the past.

8 hours ago, Happymon said:

Since you've got the time and disposable income to participate here, not to mention an employer-provided health care plan,  I think it's pretty ballsy to expect the public to pay for your STD testing.  

That does not mean I'm rich!   And I've been paying taxes for 30+ years, who do you think is the public.

On 2/16/2018 at 4:21 PM, BadBoy said:

I second this place...quick results too...48 hours (even on weekends)

On 2/16/2018 at 3:15 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

This but they’re now off off Garden of the Gods in the same building as Dept of human Services. Second floor! 

Hey Melissa how are you.........I used this department years ago when they were at their old location. Very inexpensive. No reporting to MIB.

Pay cash. You know the results before you leave. Of course, your face is there with everyone else and what's the chance of running into someone you know?

Hopefully, a slim chance.

On 2/16/2018 at 5:31 PM, shredder_dude said:

Thanks everyone for the input!  I had a glove break on me a while back and went to my PCP and it was around $300 for STD test (test came back clean) , I guess my health insurance is pretty shitty.  Just trying to find a cheaper alternative.

My understanding is with ACA plans testing was no charge.  

I go to a local planned parenthood. Insurance wasn't necessary and I think it ran me two hundred bucks. This was... two years ago (I don't get out much anymore).

24 minutes ago, cdyson said:

I go to a local planned parenthood. Insurance wasn't necessary and I think it ran me two hundred bucks. This was... two years ago (I don't get out much anymore).

For my first few tests I went to planned parenthood, until the poorly-trained "nurse" screwed up the blood draw royally and gave me a massive bruise on my arm that had to be explained.  Plus, it was quite a bit more than $200.  Plus I always had a 45+ minute wait. Plus, I had to park blocks away since some anti-abortion nut jobs sit in the parking lot and write down license plate numbers.  I don't know what they do with them but ain't nobody got time for that!

Much as I support planned parenthood and its mission, I think the place I mentioned in my February 16 post (above) is better because it uses actual LabCorp offices where the nurses are real pros and know how to take a blood draw with no issues, there is never a wait, no one else in the waiting room knows what your test is for, and it is only $195.  Besides, I take some additional comfort in knowing that it is actually LabCorp that is doing the tests - it's a solid company (not that planned parenthood isn't solid, I just don't know who they have do the actual testing).

Edited by BadBoy

The one Melissa  mentioned on garden of the gods in the same building as the dmv on the second floor  costs like 60 bucks and is income based.