CandiO

Slug Love

4 posts in this topic

FYI

For humans, finding love can be a struggle, with all the swiping and liking and texting. But our world of modern romance is pretty peaceful compared to the trauma that can come with leopard slug love. Because, you see, this slug had his penis chewed off, but it’s not as crazy as you might think. Let me take you through the entire encounter so you can understand why this slug’s last sexual experience was cut short.

First, you should know that terrestrial slugs are hermaphrodites, so they are capable of fertilizing themselves, but they also have the option to mate with a partner. When the time is right, they release pheromones into their slime to let other slugs know their ready for action. So when these two slugs spotted each other, it was clear they were both in the mood. So they begin to engage in a splendid rendition of the pre-copulatory ebbs and flows of movement and gyration that leopard slugs are well known for.

They lick and nibble one another as they danced around a very slimy circle. For slugs, foreplay is a big part of the courting process and it can last for hours. After the blissfully slow rhumba, they find a nearby tree and climb it together. Slug penises are unusually large - nearly the size of their bodies - so they need help from gravity during copulation. As the pair hang from a string of mucus like acrobats, they start to pump fluids into their alien-esc penises and coil them together in a knot-like fashion.

Wait, did I mention that leopard slug penises come out of their heads? Hmmmm....sound familiar, guys? It’s called a gonopore, and it’s the genital opening of many invertebrates. Anyways, the slug lovers continue their upside-down version of the horizontal bop for another several hours… and then the sperm exchange begins. This is where things can go wrong.

Leopard slug penises have corkscrew-like shape, which result in intricate tangling during sex. While sometimes slugs are able to free their phalluses, in this case, one slug got impatient and simply bit its partner’s penis off. This process is called APOphallation - and it means that the new sex life of the bitten partner is a little different. This slug used to be euphallic – with a fully functional penis; but now it’s hemiphallic– which means that its penis is still there in a really truncated form but it doesn’t actually work.

But, like I said before, this isn’t all that uncommon and this slug will be able to mate again, just as a female. No sperm, no problem for this formerly hung slug. So, there you have it, humans. The next time you get ghosted after a date just be thankful that at least your genitals are still intact.

Candio??? Please reformat the screen then I can try and rationalize this.  😘

3 hours ago, CandiO said:

FYI

For humans, finding love can be a struggle, with all the swiping and liking and texting. But our world of modern romance is pretty peaceful compared to the trauma that can come with leopard slug love. Because, you see, this slug had his penis chewed off, but it’s not as crazy as you might think. Let me take you through the entire encounter so you can understand why this slug’s last sexual experience was cut short.

First, you should know that terrestrial slugs are hermaphrodites, so they are capable of fertilizing themselves, but they also have the option to mate with a partner. When the time is right, they release pheromones into their slime to let other slugs know their ready for action. So when these two slugs spotted each other, it was clear they were both in the mood. So they begin to engage in a splendid rendition of the pre-copulatory ebbs and flows of movement and gyration that leopard slugs are well known for.

They lick and nibble one another as they danced around a very slimy circle. For slugs, foreplay is a big part of the courting process and it can last for hours. After the blissfully slow rhumba, they find a nearby tree and climb it together. Slug penises are unusually large - nearly the size of their bodies - so they need help from gravity during copulation. As the pair hang from a string of mucus like acrobats, they start to pump fluids into their alien-esc penises and coil them together in a knot-like fashion.

Wait, did I mention that leopard slug penises come out of their heads? Hmmmm....sound familiar, guys? It’s called a gonopore, and it’s the genital opening of many invertebrates. Anyways, the slug lovers continue their upside-down version of the horizontal bop for another several hours… and then the sperm exchange begins. This is where things can go wrong.

Leopard slug penises have corkscrew-like shape, which result in intricate tangling during sex. While sometimes slugs are able to free their phalluses, in this case, one slug got impatient and simply bit its partner’s penis off. This process is called APOphallation - and it means that the new sex life of the bitten partner is a little different. This slug used to be euphallic – with a fully functional penis; but now it’s hemiphallic– which means that its penis is still there in a really truncated form but it doesn’t actually work.

But, like I said before, this isn’t all that uncommon and this slug will be able to mate again, just as a female. No sperm, no problem for this formerly hung slug. So, there you have it, humans. The next time you get ghosted after a date just be thankful that at least your genitals are still intact.

I'm so incredibly turned on right now! :D