Denver303

How much info is too much info?

6 posts in this topic

New to the forums and I am a newbie. I have been on this site a few weeks now trying to learn the ins and outs of this community. Ive read a lot of ads and reviews to get an idea how things operate. I do have a question though that Im sure I will have a range of answers. But, how much information is too much information to give out about yourself? I see providers asking for references which is fine. But I also see providers asking for selfies and photos of drivers license. I've seen providers asking for a linkedin account information. I understand the need to be safe and know who you are dealing with. I guess I want the same assurances. But I also know the first leap of faith needs to come from me. That being said, Is it normal for a provider to know basics like your real name, where you work, where you live? I see people saying they use burner phones that they only use for the hobby to keep their identity a secret. I also see people not going that far. I guess YMMV? (also learning all the lingo) I hope to learn more and take the plunge someday soon.

P411.

It's better to give them your private information once rather than giving it out to a variety of strangers  with whom you may not end upseeing.  I personally do not want anyone's private information because I'm not planning to give anyone mine. Having a P411 number also moves you out of newbie status quickly!

Be safe and enjoy this exciting ride. :wub:

18 hours ago, Cecilia said:

P411.

It's better to give them your private information once rather than giving it out to a variety of strangers  with whom you may not end upseeing.  I personally do not want anyone's private information because I'm not planning to give anyone mine. Having a P411 number also moves you out of newbie status quickly!

Be safe and enjoy this exciting ride. :wub:

I can't agree with this more. 

If you are comfortable with a disgruntled provider talking to your wife then tell her where you live. If you are comfortable with a disgruntled provider talking to your boss then tell her where you work. If you are comfortable with a disgruntled provider outing you on line give her a copy of your drivers license.

Unfortunately, there is no way to know whether someone will "out" you, or somehow damage your reputation. Using reviews helps reduce the risk, and providers with many good reviews, and years of experience, are a safer choice, IMHO.

There is no "too much info". Each provider is unique, and will have different requirements for her comfort, and safety. 

All you, as a client, can do, is contact women who have requirements you are comfortable with. If you don't want to give the info they want, move on.

There are crazy, stupid clients, and crazy, stupid providers. I want to avoid both. That's why I use this board, and the reviews.

By the way, i my experience meeting clients, and providers, there are WAAYY more crazy clients.

You know I haven’t thought about clients and what they can do to threaten the provider either. Everyone on this forum seems so nice to each other. Thanks for all the opinions. P411 seems to be the safest option for someone like me. 

Hey, yoursvannahgrace, love your ink. B)

Edited by BadBoy