BadBoy

What is your life philosophy?

45 posts in this topic

There is no smart way to do a stupid thing, nor any right way to do a wrong thing.  So stop looking for them.

I have three of them. I wrote one of them to a young lady but probably just scared the shit out of her. 

The Caledonian, The Nightmare, and The Sleeping Spider.

I wear grandmother draped over my left shoulder. She is the azure that comes of the dead. I was born on the burning hill. I charge her with Irish fire as long as my heart still beats, as long as I can keep walking. I learned a long time ago that you never know when someone might really need a thing you carry. While she is close to my heart, I can slide her from my shoulder as easily as I exhale breath. At any given moment she might be called upon to rest about the shoulders of a cold one. That is my magic. It is not much. But it is the most valuable thing I can give.

Leaves, they whisper, stir about. There,  the winds of the politic, they strip away a man’s lips, his hair, his cheeks, anything that might make him beautiful. 

The sadness, a tight, coiled, writhing snake, it takes away his liver, his words, his articulation of the ways of men. 

The fear, black horse, eyes swirling wildly about, it takes most of the rest of him. He shakes with the cold of the whirling winds but what is the last part of him? 

A good friend is like an old dagger, handle wrapped in stained leather, adorned with the sweat of dependency. Good dagger, she be true, though her blade is chipped. I always know when I wake in the morning, she is there. She fights for me in every way she can. She lay still like a sleepy spider. Though I may fall from throne to crypt, I know she is my spider. She will cut their guts wide open. Not for glory. Not for pride. No, my dagger fights beside me for no reason at all.

And what of Odin? He sent his Norsemen to the isles of the Lewisbrikkene, where he knew they would find certain to death.

What did the Navigators find there?

A grotto where the savages honored their ancestors by impaling the skulls of their loved ones. The Navigators were so enthralled by this mystery, they completely forgot about the tide, and there they were swallowed by the sea. A final waltz for them in the halls of the dead of their enemy.

‘Beware of Pictland.’

But Odin was silent.

The God of the Outsiders. This is why he was cursed even by his own kin.

On 2/5/2018 at 7:52 PM, BadBoy said:

So, what is your philosophy of life? 

97702_9424cc5fd598a9d4d032086dec0fc1bf_l

Respect people for a lot of different lifestyle choices just as I hope they have the courtesy to respect my decision to be a super horny squirrel in getting as many nuts that I can.

:cool:

I have a couple...

Dont take anything personal unless it’s a compliment!!!

If you can’t have fun, what’s the point. Life’s too short to sweat the small stuff! 

I had a shrink tell me once: "Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff."

Oh and the big one... It’s not what happens to you, it’s how you take it! 

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

“Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff."

To turn a phrase;

Don’t sweat the petty, instead pet the sweaty....:cool:

... but honestly, I just wish I could wear my Fuck Trevor T-shirt without getting shot or fired.

Image result for fuck trevor t-shirt

Tame Impala

“To say my fate is not tied to your fate is like saying, your end of the boat is sinking.” ~ Hugh Downs

A personal friend mentioned this to me one to many times that it just sticks

"Murder isn't worth the paperwork & Live like you're scheduled to die tomorrow."

I never forgot this line from Macbeth when I first read it as a HS junior:

"It (life) is a tale told by an idiot.

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

30 minutes ago, Paul Pudenda said:

I never forgot this line from Macbeth when I first read it as a HS junior:

"It (life) is a tale told by an idiot.

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Since we’re going with The Bard,

Hamlet: Polonius’ advice to his son,

”Unto thine own self be true.”

But my personsl philosophy is to treat others as I would like to be treated.

Edited by Bit Banger