Yogi

What Constitutes a “no show”

10 posts in this topic

...as far a review is concerned? 

I think this may be the first true no call, no cancel I’ve experienced. (I’ve had a fair number of day-of cancellations.) I expect  NCNS review wouldn’t help her reputation and i’ll Probably decide based on if I ever hear back. But since I’m sitting here just curious about others take on this...

Made an appointment the day before, told to confirm an hour before the appointment. Sent a text at the time, no answer. Since it takes about that long  to get north, I left the house as all our other communications were great. I expected a reply  

Sent a text saying I was on my way, no response. Sent another at the time of the appt saying let me know if you’ve run into trouble. Followed up via email. Nothing. 30 minutes after the appointment time still nothing. 

This is would have been our first meeting and it seems like she’s a little new to the business (less than 6 mos.) 

I’m not too upset,  but bummed to have burned a couple of hours. 

Thoughts?

I think you have a legitimate NCNS.

Edited by a_happycamper_12

I have noticed that a few ladies have the very annoying habit of saying, "be sure to confirm the morning of.." even if we have traded a half dozen texts setting and confirming the appointment.  I usually reply, "I will be happy to call and check in the morning of... but please consider me to be confirmed - I never no show, and expect the same."  I think some ladies like to pencil in appointments but wait until the day of to "confirm," meaning that they don't feel an obligation to meet unless you both confirm that morning.

Personally, if I don't get a response to my "confirmation," I start dialing for dollies, since I have found that they have blown off the appointment if they don't reply to the morning "confirmation."

Ladies - don't get upset, this happens very rarely and most gals reply to the "confirmation" right away.  I understand that they too don't want to get ghosted, and require a confirmation before they get ready (or worse, pay for a room), what I find difficult is those few who don't act like they have an obligation to meet until she has "confirmed."

To answer your question directly:  Yes, this is the definition of a NCNS and you should write a review unless you get a really great and convincing excuse.

22 minutes ago, Yogi said:

...as far a review is concerned? 

Made an appointment the day before, told to confirm an hour before the appointment. Sent a text at the time, no answer. Since it takes about that long  to get north, I left the house as all our other communications were great. I expected a reply  

Thoughts?

Same thing for me almost but it takes me about an hr to get south. Normally I will let them know that I am an hour away. I usually confirm 2 hours in advance. If no reply not going to drive all that way. In my opinion if she would have confirmed an hour before then you drove down and nothing, then I would consider it a NCNS. JMO. Remember what they say about assumption. 

I think that’s an idiotic way to do business. Once we’ve set a time, and I’ve given you my address , I WILL be there, and expect you will be as well. I suspect that some of the ladies have gone “to confirm the morning of” due to all of the cancels and no shows we get. It sucks on both sides. I just wasted an hour going to my incall, and getting pretty, and I hate that you drove an hour for nothing. Boooooo:(

I'm like you Yogi, I set an appointment day or two out and to me we are "confirming" when we chat or text about it and come up with a mutually convenient time.  I have had to cancel but it was done at least the night prior, not the morning of or an hour before.  Think this is just another example of the industry in general, not a lot of accountability so it makes it easy for some people to do this regardless of which side you're on.  One incident like this though and I would scratch them off the list for good. 

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

I have noticed that a few ladies have the very annoying habit of saying, "be sure to confirm the morning of.." even if we have traded a half dozen texts setting and confirming the appointment.  I usually reply, "I will be happy to call and check in the morning of... but please consider me to be confirmed - I never no show, and expect the same."  I think some ladies like to pencil in appointments but wait until the day of to "confirm," meaning that they don't feel an obligation to meet unless you both confirm that morning.

Personally, if I don't get a response to my "confirmation," I start dialing for dollies, since I have found that they have blown off the appointment if they don't reply to the morning "confirmation."

Ladies - don't get upset, this happens very rarely and most gals reply to the "confirmation" right away.  I understand that they too don't want to get ghosted, and require a confirmation before they get ready (or worse, pay for a room), what I find difficult is those few who don't act like they have an obligation to meet until she has "confirmed."

To answer your question directly:  Yes, this is the definition of a NCNS and you should write a review unless you get a really great and convincing excuse.

The problem is a majority of clients(not all) will set up a few days in advance then never show so we ask to confirm that morning so we know it is actually happening. I can't count how many clients will call me the day of and have to cancel due to a meeting that they unexpectedly have to go to, or a kid is sick, or the car broke down. Anything can happen so last minute confirmation makes sure everyone is on the same page, and there is no misunderstanding that the appt is going to take place. Also, we can forget about the appt so confirming with us reminds us to get our butts moving and get ready to tease and please. LOL! I know I have been guilty of this a few times due to the thousand things I have to remember daily.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Unfortunately there are clients who confirm appts a few days in advance and then never show up at the scheduled time.

The ladies have specific forums they can post that info to.

When a guy is supposed to confirm the morning of a scheduled appt and never heard back from the lady, the only thing he can do is write a NCNS review.  But it is best to wait a day or three before doing that. There could be a very good reason for why she never replied.

Both sides should always try to give the benefit of the doubt for a few days before flying off the handle in these cases.

10 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

The problem is a majority of clients(not all) will set up a few days in advance then never show so we ask to confirm that morning so we know it is actually happening. I can't count how many clients will call me the day of and have to cancel due to a meeting that they unexpectedly have to go to, or a kid is sick, or the car broke down. Anything can happen so last minute confirmation makes sure everyone is on the same page, and there is no misunderstanding that the appt is going to take place. Also, we can forget about the appt so confirming with us reminds us to get our butts moving and get ready to tease and please. LOL! I know I have been guilty of this a few times due to the thousand things I have to remember daily.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Samantha, that is exactly how I tend to roll. Make appointment a few days or so in advance. Let the lady know I will confirm the morning OF just in case something came up on either end. Happened just yesterday. The lady came down with bronchitis. ( I KNEW a BJ was out of the question😎, ) but I was so glad she texted very early to cancel .

Quick update. She messaged the reason -- which wasn't terribly compelling. I'll just move along.

Thanks for the insights from the gents and perspectives from the ladies here. As I was sitting there what Gee suggested about pushing out the confirmation to account for response time AND travel time crossed my mind. That sounds like a reasonable way to balance both sides needs for planning.