Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
budmic

Old ads

6 posts in this topic

Just curious how old of an ad do you respond to. I saw one for six months ago, (not noticing) and felt like an ass when the provider let me know they haven't been in area for a while

maybe the provider should of took it down? 

if I saw an ad that old I would respond thinking she was still working, maybe asking her for recent photos though. 

Well... Yeah... A bit of an ass. Seems you did one of the cardinal sins that providers hate: not reading their ad.

At least the site you found the ad had a date on the ad. Some sites I've come across have no date on them, and the ads can be years old (ie. See ad for a provider retired long time ago).

Personally, when I look at ads, I do read the ad to know if out-of-towner (tend to avoid them unless has great reviews) and booking method/details. If no date on the ad or their website seems to be inactive, will hit the search engines to look for current reviews (to see if provider is still in the biz) and if they've posted any ads of late (will tell you if they are in a different town). I will browse only a few days back worth of ads with sites that are sorted newest to oldest. If starting from a review, again, back to search engines to see if anything recent posted by provider: nothng recent found, will probably move on to avoid oops moment.

Depends on where you saw the ad. Some of these ads are practically impossible to knock down so they can be outdated. Like NoCo said, read and if you are in doubt...ask. It does annoy us ladies a bit, but we will tell you where we are currently at or currently available.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I worked the nerve of a visiting ASP recently after responding to an ad that was up after she had left town. 

Does TOB provide some sort of "ad package" that automatically posts, say, at 5am, 7am, 9am etc? 

After having been ripped a new one, I looked at the timing stamps of the ASP's ads, and they all fell on the same time at the top of the hour....  My guess is she bought a "package" that extended her stay, yes?

4 minutes ago, lintlizard said:

After having been ripped a new one, I looked at the timing stamps of the ASP's ads, and they all fell on the same time at the top of the hour....  My guess is she bought a "package" that extended her stay, yes?

Yes, from what the providers have mentioned in other threads. I'll let one of them provide specifics on ads buys on TOB.

Backpage used to (still does?) this as well. Around the same time every day, a slew of ads would get posted. This algorithm did have an issue as on occassion you would see ads of former providers. Most awkward/embarassing ads were the times where the ads were for deceased providers.