Sfjademarie

Food suggestions in Denver?

31 posts in this topic

So look here, I seriously have a problem with eating good kind of sort of decent food when traveling :unsure: (haha)  I would absolutely love to get out there and eat a bit more and enjoy everything Denver has to offer. Any suggestions or thoughts as to where I should give a try? Let’s note I’m severely allergic to shellfish lol

Thanks! Xoxo jade

I'm a fan of the thirsty lion decent prices and anything you order is usually excellent 

Edited by Live4DHour

Are you mobile, what area are you thinking about? Enjoy your trip!

There are some funky little places in the Landmark area (DTC), lots of good places at Park Meadows (White Chocolate Grill), etc. The RIO downtown is pretty ok Mexican food, and a hip ambiance. 

15 hours ago, Sfjademarie said:

So look here, I seriously have a problem with eating good kind of sort of decent food when traveling :unsure: (haha)  I would absolutely love to get out there and eat a bit more and enjoy everything Denver has to offer. Any suggestions or thoughts as to where I should give a try? Let’s note I’m severely allergic to shellfish lol

Thanks! Xoxo jade

ChoLon Bistro is one of my favorite restaurants in Denver - their soup dumplings are fantastic. Very interesting options for small and share plates. 

Google does wonders, I bet you can get alot of info from Google, they even have reviews 😀 getting info from a sex site probably not a great idea

You want to eat healthier or just get a feel for food that other places don't have? I'll chime in when I see what area(s) you'll b in. I actually depend on Google, too, but I like these discussions and the community feel theotherboard offers. 

Edited by Leonalune

17 hours ago, Sfjademarie said:

Thanks! Xoxo jade

Actually it seems this forum loves to talk about food, I’m a Denver Native and do rely on some of their opinions as well…

…Mexican Griz, Brewery Bar II 2nd and Kalamath, they’ve been around forever, make sure it’s II though not 3, 4, or 5. II’s the original. Sam’s #3, downtown, Aurora and Cherry Creek, awesome breakfast burritos and Chile! The Cherry Cricket in Cherry Creek great mex grizz and an icon and great place too!

…Pho, Pho99 on Mississippi and Havana in Aurora!

…Burgers and Steaks, Cherry Cricket again (burgers), Morton’s, Elway’s, (expensive), Columbine Steakhouse 1st and Federal (inexpensive)!

…Specialty, The Fort in Morrison (Bison and way more), Buckhorn Exchange (rattlesnake, quail, Rocky Mountain Oyster, more more more) 10th and Osage!

Just a few ideas, I think you’ll find this forum very hungry. I know I get to dine with friends on more than one occasion and we try different fares too. Oh yeah, Welcome!

...Pizza, Blue Pan Pizza Capitol Hill, Italian, Belfiore 38th and Sheridan Carmine's Deli Wadsworth and Florida. 

On 1/23/2018 at 11:55 AM, Audrey Astor said:

Are you mobile, what area are you thinking about? Enjoy your trip!

There are some funky little places in the Landmark area (DTC), lots of good places at Park Meadows (White Chocolate Grill), etc. The RIO downtown is pretty ok Mexican food, and a hip ambiance. 

I was thinking the DTC Area I love the scenery down there! Thank you as well for the wishes!

On 1/23/2018 at 2:27 PM, n4u2 said:

ChoLon Bistro is one of my favorite restaurants in Denver - their soup dumplings are fantastic. Very interesting options for small and share plates. 

do they have more than one location? 

21 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Google does wonders, I bet you can get alot of info from Google, they even have reviews 😀 getting info from a sex site probably not a great idea

What better way than directly from people who are active Ian’s I can actually converse with instead of a random yelp review from someone who has probably only visited Denver once. Thank you for your sarcastic advice but I think I’m doing well with this conversation here 😌🙃 have a good hump day.

21 hours ago, Leonalune said:

You want to eat healthier or just get a feel for food that other places don't have? I'll chime in when I see what area(s) you'll b in. I actually depend on Google, too, but I like these discussions and the community feel theotherboard offers. 

Honestly much more healthier I love comfort food but the drive thrus just are fake and the food never sticks I’m always starving again after a little while whic causes me to always drive around at the worst hours during traffic. 

21 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Actually it seems this forum loves to talk about food, I’m a Denver Native and do rely on some of their opinions as well…

…Mexican Griz, Brewery Bar II 2nd and Kalamath, they’ve been around forever, make sure it’s II though not 3, 4, or 5. II’s the original. Sam’s #3, downtown, Aurora and Cherry Creek, awesome breakfast burritos and Chile! The Cherry Cricket in Cherry Creek great mex grizz and an icon and great place too!

…Pho, Pho99 on Mississippi and Havana in Aurora!

…Burgers and Steaks, Cherry Cricket again (burgers), Morton’s, Elway’s, (expensive), Columbine Steakhouse 1st and Federal (inexpensive)!

…Specialty, The Fort in Morrison (Bison and way more), Buckhorn Exchange (rattlesnake, quail, Rocky Mountain Oyster, more more more) 10th and Osage!

Just a few ideas, I think you’ll find this forum very hungry. I know I get to dine with friends on more than one occasion and we try different fares too. Oh yeah, Welcome!

Wow thanks so much! I’m a huge steak girl so that just made me much more excited! That’ll be the first thing I eat for dinner. 

20 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

...Pizza, Blue Pan Pizza Capitol Hill, Italian, Belfiore 38th and Sheridan Carmine's Deli Wadsworth and Florida. 

The belfiore restaurant where is that located?

3 hours ago, Sfjademarie said:

do they have more than one location? 

No - although the owner and executive chef Lon Symensma also has Cho77 and Concourse Moderne. If you are willing to go downtown - I promise you will not be disappointed. Just remember - soup dumplings and Kaya toast 

13 hours ago, Sfjademarie said:

The belfiore restaurant where is that located?

ehhh. it's mediocre at best........ymmv.

5 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

casa bonita, enjoy.

Casa Bonita if you want a frozen mexican food TV dinner

9 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Just watch the South Park episode first and it’s totally worth it.

I'm sure it sounds ridiculous but why don't you cook yourself a meal....

fresh home cooked food is always better

14 minutes ago, PeteSetter said:

In this case the OP might have a very good excuse for not having the convenience of a kitchen......

On 1/23/2018 at 3:30 PM, stevie-2249 said:

Stevie, do you need a hug?

You've probably got enough suggestions, but my two cents are: Urban Sombrero, Urban Egg, Torchy's Tacos, and tons of Indian food places. 🍳

9 hours ago, PeteSetter said:

The clean up in for a family of 8 can be a real bitch.😂😂

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

The clean up in for a family of 8 can be a real bitch.😂😂

You need Hazel the housekeeper from TV

On 1/25/2018 at 7:57 AM, ilovewomen said:

There is a trap door that your food will come out of. Just like 💨💨 and it is there! It is magically interesting. Go for the ambience.

Great place for kids Birthday parties! 

Not a steak eat-out guy (can generally do as well at home cheaper for prime meat, sides are where steak places have to shine, imo), but as mentioned earlier, Elway's is probably my favorite in Denver.

Rioja and Euclid Hall. Any of the Kitchen locations (LoDo, Boulder). Acorn at The Source, or, the parent restaurant in Boulder, Oak at 14th. Black Cat and Bramble & Hare in Boulder. Frasca in Boulder as well or their more casual outpost Tavernetta in LoDo. Steuben's for comfort food.