Amber Allure

Etiquette

30 posts in this topic

You'd think I wouldn't have to ask someone to take their shoes off when its slushy and muddy outside. 

But when you have someone trace mud all the way through your freshly scrubbed apartment <_<

SIGH! 

No excuse for tracking mud and slush through your place, also nothing wrong with asking someone to please remove their shoes before they track mud and slush through your place. 

Edited by Mustang87

1 minute ago, Mustang87 said:

No excuse for tracking mud and slush through your place, also nothing wrong with asking someone to please remove their shoes before they track mud and slush through your place. 

It was in my text with the apartment number to remove shoes at the door and keep them near the bench. I was getting into the outfit he requested when he walked from my front door to my bathroom to greet me before I realized he still had his shoes on and then didn't even apologize. :rolleyes:

Obviously, he was so excited and anticipating seeing you, he allowed his little head do all the thinking. Seems to be a common problem for us male hobbyists.:P

7 minutes ago, amcbl1 said:

Obviously, he was so excited and anticipating seeing you, he allowed his little head do all the thinking. Seems to be a common problem for us male hobbyists.:P

:P:rolleyes:

I'm all red over here. LOL

I always take my shoes off at the door, as was drilled into me since childhood, and have often wondered if that came across as too "familiar," for a first date.  I guess I will quit worrying.

Taking your shoes off when you walk in the house is a polite thing to do in some cultures it's a requirement. Having a special place to keep the shoes can be a gentle reminder

Just now, airamericavet65 said:

Taking your shoes off when you walk in the house is a polite thing to do in some cultures it's a requirement. Having a special place to keep the shoes can be a gentle reminder

Cat litter box? I jest I jest!

Just now, fishndude57 said:

Cat litter box? I jest I jest!

It could keep the shoes from smelling😁😁

5 hours ago, amcbl1 said:

If it's long enough the little head can also take those shoes off. :D

2 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

I have a bench in my entry way where my shoes are under or next too. So, thats not really an issue. LOL. 

He's lucky he was a sweetheart ha.

5 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I always take my shoes off at the door, as was drilled into me since childhood, and have often wondered if that came across as too "familiar," for a first date.  I guess I will quit worrying.

I always take my shoes off, I was actually complimented on it. It's just second nature like driving a manual, or saying yes sir/ma'am 

Shoe removal is mandated on my maternal grandmother's side of the family (Japanese) & my paternal grandmother (Creole) followed suit when she saw how immaculate my other grandmother's carpet was with 6 kids, 5 under 18.

I always take my shoes off when invited to someone's residence. My mother would demand it of the family.

20 hours ago, Amber720 said:

You'd think I wouldn't have to ask someone to take their shoes off when its slushy and muddy outside. 

But when you have someone trace mud all the way through your freshly scrubbed apartment <_<

SIGH! 

I ALWAYS ask, “should I remove my shoes “

99% of the time the answer is “Yes “ and she thanks me for asking 

20 hours ago, Amber720 said:

SIGH! 

I’m sorry!  You can always point to the carpet and say “scrub a dub dub”. 

This is the time you prefer shit stained sheets over carpet mess.

13 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Or towels

When I was in school they called our boots "rubbers." You were asked to please remove your rubbers before you enter class. So ladies, better not ask a guy to remove his rubbers.

The text must have been over looked?  At least that one slightly important part about removing your shoes. 

I am going to get an indext card and write on it. "Reuben my 😽 wishes for us all to take our shoes,boots off and place them ___please."

Meow to that!

Unlike Japan, removal of shoes upon entering a residence is not typical. (Though common courtesy should indicate that one not create muddy tracks.) A handy bench w/shoe rack blocking entry to the home proper and a sign requesting that visitors be unshod may get the message across.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, Laci French said:

OK, Laci, I gave you a thumbs-down for that one, the very first one I have ever given you and, hopefully, the last one, dear heart.  I could have gone all day without reading that. :rolleyes:  The thought of some boor fouling your sheets like that makes my stomach queasy.

13 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Unlike Japan, removal of shoes upon entering a residence is not typical. (Though common courtesy should indicate that one not create muddy tracks.) A handy bench w/shoe rack blocking entry to the home proper and a sign requesting that visitors be unshod may get the message across.

I have a bench with some of my shoes at the entryway of my apartment. Figured that would be enough. Including a shoes off at the door message with my apartment number, LOL

Im getting excited just talking about taking off any article of clothing, be it shoes or whatever. Please ladies, make me take everything off and leave at your door.😄

1 hour ago, Skg said:

Im getting excited just talking about taking off any article of clothing, be it shoes or whatever. Please ladies, make me take everything off and leave at your door.😄

We Love to knock your Socks Off!

Lol

On 1/23/2018 at 10:25 AM, Skg said:

When I was in school they called our boots "rubbers." You were asked to please remove your rubbers before you enter class. So ladies, better not ask a guy to remove his rubbers.

That be my grandparents totally! 

Also the ice box even when it became a refrigerator. Miss them dearly...

For some, “rubbers” were the elastic bands one put in their dental braces 😁

16 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

For some, “rubbers” were the elastic bands one put in their dental braces 😁

I had them! 7th grade through 12th!😀