Mr.Pink

p411 down?

18 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mr.Pink said:

just keeps trying to load. :cool:

seems to be my experience as well.      Folks talk about a government shut down like that's a bad thing???

Agh! Like when bp gave that big red message or started charging $7 !! Oh well. I just wanted to watch TV anyway.

2 hours ago, Leonalune said:

Agh! Like when bp gave that big red message or started charging $7 !! Oh well. I just wanted to watch TV anyway.

You are awesome 😂😂😘😘

😱😱I’m getting in my bomb shelter 

3 hours ago, mustang said:

seems to be my experience as well.      Folks talk about a government shut down like that's a bad thing???

Except it’s not just politicians not working. Government services like national parks will be closed and the people that work there aren’t getting paid. So yeah, it is a bad thing. 

Back up this morning and all is right with the world.

We can all come out of the numb shelters this morning 🤣🤣

theyre up now? Had to login with phone.

Edited by Vassago
Typo phone snafu

It has been back up now,  just not the greatest for it to have been on a Fri night.

2 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

cJxrZt4.jpg?1

Yep, that’s about the way our government has always work under any and all administrations...republicans and democrats alike

8 hours ago, Kaduk said:

8 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

cJxrZt4.jpg?1

5 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Yep, that’s about the way our government has always work under any and all administrations...republicans and democrats alike

I’m not defending anyone here so keep that in mind. But where in the article did it say our military wasn’t getting paid? It did say any military activity not associated with defense would be shutdown, and collegiate sports clearly don’t fall into defense so technically the essentials are still up and running and moving as expected. 

I just googled it! So they aren’t paid but operations will continue. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2018/01/20/amid-government-shutdown-the-military-becomes-a-centerpiece-to-make-political-jabs/?utm_term=.2e627b49ceea

They are not getting paid until a budget is passed but they have to show up and work. Once a budget or extension is passed they’ll be back paid, hopefully.