Compassion in this life

40 posts in this topic

Starting to wonder if there is any TRUE compassion left in this world. I saw a post on a social media site and it made me cry.

Is there really any TRUE COMPASSION left in society? It was written by another provider who obviously has been hurt by others badly. So sad that this type of behavior happens. Believing in lifting one another up, why tear down someone just to build yourself up?😕

It seems to me that some people feel it's necessary to continually attack others in order to make themselves important if we could all learn to treat each other with dignity and respect it would be a better world

Satine,  Your writing style reminds me of someone, but I can't think of who it is at the moment.  Maybe it will come to me eventually.

Just now, Laci French said:

I believe there is far more good out there in the world than bad. Maybe that’s because I choose to look for the good. 

Being in the hobby for any length of time you at some point get hurt by another. Keep your true circle small and know if someone gossips to you they will also gossip about you.  

Know there are 3 sides to every story and always take things with a grain of salt.  This community is filled with wonderful people. 

Keep your life outside of this active and full and then this will feel like a true escape and be wonderful.

Best of luck to you!

So very true Laci!

22 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

So very true Laci!

Yes, I don’t know if I could have said it better. There are some truly genuine caring people in this little world. Pay attention... Don’t reveal too much until you really know someone. Look for the good, and have a full life outside of this as Laci mentioned. 

Ps learn when to use your block feature 😁

Edited by Audrey Astor

34 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Satine,  Your writing style reminds me of someone, but I can't think of who it is at the moment.  Maybe it will come to me eventually.

Thank you💞 hopefully this person is kind like I

On 1/18/2018 at 8:31 AM, Audrey Astor said:

Yes, I don’t know if I could have said it better. There are some truly genuine caring people in this little world. Pay attention... Don’t reveal too much until you really know someone. Look for the good, and have a full life outside of this as Laci mentioned. 

Ps learn when to use your block feature 😁

Thank you I shall

On 1/18/2018 at 8:09 AM, Laci French said:

I believe there is far more good out there in the world than bad. Maybe that’s because I choose to look for the good. 

Being in the hobby for any length of time you at some point get hurt by another. Keep your true circle small and know if someone gossips to you they will also gossip about you.  

Know there are 3 sides to every story and always take things with a grain of salt.  This community is filled with wonderful people. 

Keep your life outside of this active and full and then this will feel like a true escape and be wonderful.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you💞 no truer words spoken

On 1/18/2018 at 9:40 AM, Nookiemonster4u said:

Bravo....very well said ladies...a little goes along way.....Laci you must be one of old souls that walk with us...you have a great wisdom about you..

Thank you Monsieur

36 minutes ago, Nookiemonster4u said:

Bravo....very well said ladies...a little goes along way.....Laci you must be one of old souls that walk with us...you have a great wisdom about you..

I’m a proud member of the old hags club😂

You are the sexiest old hag, with a personality that nobody can match ever.

After you were born, they broke the mold.

4 minutes ago, Laci French said:

15 minutes ago, Laci French said:

It takes an old hag to put up with this group of old farts. 😜

Edited by Bit Banger

😂😂😘😘

we can go out to eat and try and read the menu together😂

18 minutes ago, Laci French said:

😂😂😘😘

we can go out to eat and try and read the menu together😂

Only before 5pm. 😘

27 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Please not Golden Corral

Oh come on, it is entertaining watching people figure out how to use the ice cream and chocolate fountain...or grossed out whichever your fetish. LOL!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

8 hours ago, Sweet Satine said:

Starting to wonder if there is any TRUE compassion left in this world. I saw a post on a social media site and it made me cry.

Is there really any TRUE COMPASSION left in society? It was written by another provider who obviously has been hurt by others badly. So sad that this type of behavior happens. Believing in lifting one another up, why tear down someone just to build yourself up?😕

There is, but it is tougher to find compassion in this business due to the stigma presented upon what we do.

I have been hurt lots in this business, and still do, but I refuse to let those people dictate how I continue to treat people. It is called INTEGRITY. I never want to hear from someone else's lips that I am unkind, backstabbing, rude, mean, etc. That isn't who I am, and the ones that truly know me know that. 

If you want to find true compassion, you will have to be open and honest with people that you earn trust from and they in return. Compassion is not something that is there, we make ourselves compassionate towards others because we want to care for others. It won't always be received, but YOU will know that you gave compassion and you continue to give because you want that to be your nature towards things. The result is a great reward; true friendships that will withstand difficult times and compassion towards yourself.

Compassion has a beautiful definition:

com·pas·sion
kəmˈpaSHən/
noun

1. sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.
    "the victims should be treated with compassion"
    synonyms: pity, sympathy, empathy, fellow feeling, care, concern, solicitude, sensitivity, warmth, love, tenderness, mercy, leniency, tolerance, kindness, humanity, charity
    "have you no compassion for a fellow human being?"

If you want to help other sex workers like yourself to find more compassion, volunteer to help other sex workers and I don't mean using their place(give food, clothes, shelter, help with changing laws, help organizations that help other sex workers in worse positions than others) or becoming friends. Understand that if you aren't in a position emotionally to let others help that are...it is okay, just find ways that work for you to help. Not everybody can handle certain situations, but you can still let them know you care.

Remember that compassion starts with yourself. Start with that, and see where it takes you.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Some people create their own storms, and then get mad when it rains.

Compassion is almost non existent in this business. You can’t depend on anyone but yourself. This should be what you do, not who you are!  If you’re an honest person, it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks but you. 

To be successful in this job, you have to live separate lives. Make sure the life you live outside is bigger, brighter and fuller. 

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I wonder if having two or more handles increases your credibility??

I will be the Ol'Sea Hag from the Lakewood! Never been to that there Golden Corral? Let me know how it goes. Lots of compassion for those in need. 💞

Thank you all for your input. Like my meme used to  say"Ugly isn't physical beauty. Ugly comes from the inside and reflects on your outward appearance"

11 hours ago, Sweet Satine said:

In thinking about this, maybe if the provider you are referring to feels that she has been hurt or wronged by others, maybe she should first do an inner self review on what she has said about others, either directly by name or by subtly referring to them.

She could be in complete denial about her own actions and wants to blame everyone else as attacking her and hurting her when she in fact may be the person who has started everything.

37 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

In thinking about this, maybe if the provider you are referring to feels that she has been hurt or wronged by others, maybe she should first do an inner self review on what she has said about others, either directly by name or by subtly referring to them.

She could be in complete denial about her own actions and wants to blame everyone else as attacking her and hurting her when she in fact may be the person who has started everything.

^^^^^100%^^^^^I agree! 

Please encourage you friend to speak openly! There is no reason to talk to a forum if the problem can be resolved privately!

Openly if someone or a group of individuals are hurting her/him. Why are you playing the "go between" is it possibly that you have an invested interest to this person who is being hurt Sweet Santine? Would be great to know issues are getting resolved.  As you do know you can't fix something broken unless you know about it. Even with saying that, sometimes it is just allot of hot air that is has become out of control. 

I've always said "Ugly people, say Ugly things."  Sometimes words can be far more damaging than fists.  It's important that we all recognize that we "don't know another's pain and/or struggles in life" before we attempt to judge them, label them, bad - mouth them. 

Love Love Love xoxo

The situation is a sad one. I'd rather not end up like this person. It's sad when new to an area with no family or anything and to be treated in a cruel manner. I empathize being in the same boat. That being said, thank you all for listening

6 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

I wonder if having two or more handles increases your credibility??

One is never lonely when they're a multiple. The arguments are tough but the support system is fabulous :confused:

20 minutes ago, comfortseeker said:

One is never lonely when they're a multiple. The arguments are tough but the support system is fabulous :confused:

LOL, I read that and damn near spit beer on my keyboard. That's perfect. 

2 hours ago, comfortseeker said:

But who wins the arguments? Gotta be tough when they both argue with each other 🤣