GandalfTheGeek

Introduction and Backpage question

30 posts in this topic

Hi

First I wanted to introduce myself as a new person to  the group and a guy returning to the hobby after many years off.

I have not booked anyone through Backpage at this point and was wondering what the experience has been with providers who advertise there. I get the feeling things can be rather hit or miss in terms of quality. Also, clients have their own safety concerns from law enforcement or getting ripped off.  Anyone have any tips for which providers are good or bad, accurate pictures, etc?

Thanks

Yeah, it's hit/miss. Ripoffs. Cops. It is a not the easiest place to navigate. That said, I do book ladies from there.

Big thing, don't jump at first pretty face. Wait it out, see if she's still advertising regularly over the course of a month or two: to me, adds some level of legitimacy. Google Image Search and TinEye the pictures in the ads: if hits all over the place, fakes. Ideally, book a lady that has reviews.

As to who, you are on your own, as everyone has different tastes, expectations, etc..

Do a search on Backpage...there's been a load of activity on it recently. From there all you can do is research the 411 section here, there's always questions on Backpage Ladies there, and google phone #'s to see if any more info that way. 

You can also look at the ads here on this site and read the reviews.  Might save ya from a headache or worse...

1 hour ago, GandalfTheGeek said:

Hi

First I wanted to introduce myself as a new person to  the group and a guy returning to the hobby after many years off.

I have not booked anyone through Backpage at this point and was wondering what the experience has been with providers who advertise there. I get the feeling things can be rather hit or miss in terms of quality. Also, clients have their own safety concerns from law enforcement or getting ripped off.  Anyone have any tips for which providers are good or bad, accurate pictures, etc?

Thanks

"The" Gandalf here previously perchance??

1 hour ago, GandalfTheGeek said:

Sorry no, that was not me. In that case, welcome!

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :-) A very good thing

Advertising on Backpage myself but haven't taken the plunge to here yet😳Just being FBSM I don't see much on here?

I have found photos are often fake. Some Guarentee their photos are real. It's hit or miss.

7 minutes ago, Skg said:

I have found photos are often fake. Some Guarentee their photos are real. It's hit or miss.

Oh, they’re real photos alright. Just not of the individual advertising. Hell, the ads could even be placed by ‘management’. By using stock photos it doesn’t matter which member of the crew he sends to the appointment. 😱

Think of backpage as the Wild Wild West.  The vast majority of the ads on there are legit, probably 80% or more.  A small set use fake pics/outdated pics.  And a handful are ripoffs.  Review sites like here merely give you better odds.

On 1/17/2018 at 8:37 AM, FuriousWeasel said:

Think of backpage as the Wild Wild West.  The vast majority of the ads on there are legit, probably 80% or more.  A small set use fake pics/outdated pics.  And a handful are ripoffs.  Review sites like here merely give you better odds.

That is pretty much what I’ve been thinking.

I'm new to the Denver area as well, gentleman from NYC and in Denver to stay. Any other general region tips for a transplant? Backpage here sounds just like in New York. But with boards like this and some other search tools, you can play safe. Great to see such an active community here.

I suggest  just Check here  for the girls that  post and have reviews 

On January 27, 2018 at 3:39 AM, 5280 said:

Asian post look fake forsure. 

Asian ads on Backpage across the country are 99% fake photos. That said, still might have a fun time, just don't expect the hottie in the pics.

And with anybody on BP, when starting out and gun shy, search on the phone to see if you can track down several good reviews for the lady before taking the plunge.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

I post on bp... it's ridiculously expensive And just like hobbyists providers deal with a lot of BS posting there...Google phone numbers!!

My FIRST POST! I didn't want to create a new topic but I thought I would piggy back this thread. If a provider has a few reviews, is it safe to assume that they are legitimate? Or can those be faked? I guess one person can make several accounts and post several reviews for one provider but that seems unlikely. Cant wait to learn more about the community. 

depending on what site the reviews are on depends whether they can be faked or not sites that require legitimate ID verification and things like that would be harder to fake reviews I assume 

14 hours ago, Denver303 said:

My FIRST POST! I didn't want to create a new topic but I thought I would piggy back this thread. If a provider has a few reviews, is it safe to assume that they are legitimate? Or can those be faked? I guess one person can make several accounts and post several reviews for one provider but that seems unlikely. Cant wait to learn more about the community. 

My rule of thumb is any reviewer that has 2 or less reviews I throw those out.  Not only for the reason they could be fake/self review also for the fact that reviewer could be new and how they feel about their experience verses how I might feel are usually different.

I've been around this hobby for close to 40 years.  I lurked here on TOB from the infancy of TOB and the now defunct SOWET for many years.  I took the plunge so to speak to register and become an active contributor on TOB 5-6 years ago.

I used to use a separate handle for reviews from my board handle. 

When changes were made to TOB a few years ago, I decided to just go by my board handle for posting and reviews, so I don't have many reviews under my board handle.  I have never felt the need to post a lot of reviews and therefore, I haven't.  Doesn't make me any less legit of a reviewer.

If you decide to contact someone from BP, use discretion and think with the BIG head, not the little head which only has a one track mind.

Typically, the majority of pictures on BP are not of the individual particular lady that is advertising and there are many ladies that will rush you out the door in 15 minutes or less if they can.

I would suggest that when looking at BP, also look to see if they have a presence on TOB or some other board forum to help prevent getting the bums rush out the door or worse yet, scammed. There are many different board forums around the U.S.

There are a few ladies here on TOB that do advertise on BP.  These are the ladies you want to call if you are going to use BP.

Some people enjoy trying to book a companion off of Back Page:

But for everyone else, there is TOB :rolleyes:

Edited by BadBoy

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

I've been around this hobby for close to 40 years.  I lurked here on TOB from the infancy of TOB and the now defunct SOWET for many years.  I took the plunge so to speak to register and become an active contributor on TOB 5-6 years ago.

I used to use a separate handle for reviews from my board handle. 

When changes were made to TOB a few years ago, I decided to just go by my board handle for posting and reviews, so I don't have many reviews under my board handle.  I have never felt the need to post a lot of reviews and therefore, I haven't.  Doesn't make me any less legit of a reviewer.

While this is true for you it's also the exception to a general rule of most experience hobbyists have more then 2 reviews.  You take those chances when you decide to throw out reviews just like typically most will disregard some overly glowing reviews and a bad review or two.  You're looking for a pattern by experienced reviewers on how a normal session should play out.

15 hours ago, speed67 said:

While this is true for you it's also the exception to a general rule of most experience hobbyists have more then 2 reviews.  You take those chances when you decide to throw out reviews just like typically most will disregard some overly glowing reviews and a bad review or two.  You're looking for a pattern by experienced reviewers on how a normal session should play out.

What you really need to be looking for is a series of reviews on a particular lady that shows a pattern of how an appointment will go.

Just because she has only one or two reviews does not mean that an enjoyable time won't be had, it just means that you are taking a chance and you are betting that everything will go as anticipated.

A guy with only a couple reviews doesn't mean that he is giving an excellent review when it was a below par appointment, some guys just don't post reviews. In fact some guys are members here for years and yet rarely contribute or post. 

5 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

In fact some guys are members here for years and yet rarely contribute or post. 

hmmm...  ya where have I noticed someone like that before?

<------------- 2009

If you feel I've slighted you some how then I apologize.  However a general rule is just that, it generalizes a situation. There will always be exceptions to that rule hence the name general rule obviously you are one of them.  I also stated that it's my rule that I use and it's served me fine for 9 years so I'll continue to follow my own advise. I don't review every provider I see either and I've had multiple reviews removed because that provider left the business or no longer wishes reviews and has done what was needed to have their reviews removed from TOB.

Everyone has their own comfort level of risk they're willing to take when they're deciding to see someone and they use their gut accordingly.

On 1/29/2018 at 10:54 PM, Denver303 said:

Besides reading the reviews the provider has, check to see how many the reviewer has written himself. If they are all written by one-timers...I would hesitate to see them.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Yeah, you have to review the reviewers.  I have a few colleagues that I know I can trust to shoot straight, and I know of a few that fall in love with every provider and only write glowing reviews.  Sometimes if a gal only has two reviews (or even, just one), if it is from a guy that has lots of reviews over time, and I go look to see what he has said about ladies I know and he is right on, I will go with just one review.

One caveat - if a gal only has one review, and it is from a "guy" who joined TOB last week and has only written one review, I think you can safely assume that review was written by the lady herself, her boyfriend, one of her close friends, or (worst of all) the vice detective working at the adjoining desk.  It is not a review at all, and in fact is a red flag.