Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lintlizard

hooker heroines

5 posts in this topic

Yes that's Roz Doyle.  Sex workers have a long history of improving the quality of life for those around them. 

4 hours ago, lintlizard said:

more evidence that men are followers, not leaders....

https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-prostitutes-gave-the-world?ref=home

Not seeing ANY evidence that men are followers.  I see that people are people doing what they can to help their life and sometimes others.

Lots of awesome people in this world and lots of crap people.  Funny thing is they’re found all races, religions and economic situations.

I don't like to argue, but I don't think there's a reason to get defensive, guys. The article gives some examples of what or how sex workers have contributed to society. I think it's ok to be specific and give credit to women that have made a difference in your life or the lives of others around you. *especially sex-workers, yea!!*

55 minutes ago, Leonalune said:

I don't like to argue, but I don't think there's a reason to get defensive, guys. The article gives some examples of what or how sex workers have contributed to society. I think it's ok to be specific and give credit to women that have made a difference in your life or the lives of others around you. *especially sex-workers, yea!!*

I'm not sure anyone in here is defensive. Everything you've stated I agree with fully as do most here I would assume and the article does a great job of showcasing that fact.  It however doesn't state, lead or show anything even remotely resembling the OP's statement, all I did was point that out.

I know that in any given situation there will always be heroes from a wide variety of backgrounds just like there can be someone from that same background looking to take advantage of that situation for their own benefit.  I've had a long career in a service industry where I see and interact with people in some of the most stressful situations they'll face in their life and they'll surprise you plenty with their selflessness and selfishness.

People are people, what you do for a living doesn't define you. You define yourself with your actions and interactions.