Juanmotai

Flu bug

33 posts in this topic

Has anyone else here had this stupid bug that's going around? If so, have you had any luck kicking it and what seemed to help you out the most? I've had this shit since the 2nd if this month and can't kick it. I went to urgent Care and they gave me a steroid inhaler and some prescription cough syrup, then told me that it's a virus and I was just going to have to ride it out. Just looking for some suggestions on home remedies that might help me kick this crap...  PLEASE HELP.. LOL

Zinc, Vitamin C, and a good stout bourbon, mixed with hot lemon water.

Eat garlic and keep an onion sliced on your bedside table.  Text me and I will bring hot tea and soup.  Get better soon sweet man.😘

24 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Eat garlic and keep an onion sliced on your bedside table.  Text me and I will bring hot tea and soup.  Get better soon sweet man.😘

Geez, how could I turn that down.  :D thanks Laci, you're always a gem. I've always enjoyed our conversation. I just can't seem to kick this stupid bug. Everyone at work has it, and they even closed down work for a few days to try and let people heal. So what is the deal with the onion?? I've never heard that one before

Oh yeah, and you ought to stay way from those 19-year-olds, you old dog, they are always bringing something home from school ;)

I picked up the flu on 12/23 and I feel fine now, but I can't shake this freakin' cough. Good luck, chief!

Oh yeah, never heard of the onion either. 

Rest in bed and lots of fluids.  More rest in bed.  Works like a charm for me anyway.  

And if all else fails, suck a fever,  hump a cold ......... wait, how does that go again???

(joke - stay the hell away from providers/clients when you are obviously ill and contagious)

17 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Rest in bed and lots of fluids.  More rest in bed.  Works like a charm for me anyway.  

And if all else fails, suck a fever,  hump a cold ......... wait, how does that go again???

(joke - stay the hell away from providers/clients when you are obviously ill and contagious)

Lol.. yea, I have no plans on continuing my hobby ways until this shit is fully gone. I had an appointment, made before the flu, and as much as it pained me to do so, I cancelled until further notice. I would never wish to pass this bug to anyone else

55 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Oh yeah, and you ought to stay way from those 19-year-olds, you old dog, they are always bringing something home from school ;)

Lol.. shhhhhh.. one of those is who I had to cancel on.. although I think she is slightly older than 19. Hahaha.. :P

I always get a flu shot, even if you do get some sort of bug, it is less severe. 

11 hours ago, dreddies said:

I picked up the flu on 12/23 and I feel fine now, but I can't shake this freakin' cough. Good luck, chief!

Oh yeah, never heard of the onion either. 

Put Vicks vapor rub on your feet and socks on...it stops the cough.  

2 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Yup, bottom of your feet are literally the best distribution points for oils, salves you have. Now if I could just reach the bottom of my feet lol. 

Get a fucking vaporizer like I told you to! Suck on lemons, drink lots of hot tea, eucalyptus for the shower. Stay hydrated, force a little food down now and then. If symptoms continue or get worse go back to the doctor and make sure you don't have pneumonia. 

Make sure you are getting some sunlight too. Also if you eat a cup of strawberries a day those pack some really great vitamin C. :)  I went (mosty organic) I do the best I can... I can't go all organic because of money. I have not been sick since 2012 and my alleriges which I struggled with daily have gone away. I used to not be able to breathe since I was about 12 years old. I think I had some food allergen... but I noticed cleaning out my diet and really learning about nutrition can hold off pretty much any virus out there. At least for me. All of our bodies are different! I am really into nutrition and have been studying it daily for maybe 5 years now. It's really part of my life. Get some good probiotics in you and if possible I would get a good water filter! 

You don't have to be perfect! I buy these organic peanut butter cups (actually they are sun butter...) THEY'RE TO DIE FOR. They are allergen free. I know what you got is just a little virus but diet can prevent these things from ever happening! I am a true believer in that. I went to red lobster last night haha. :D Their drinks are so good.... I felt all warm after but I am a lightweight. lol.

Get that sunlight too vitamin D plays a huge role in killing off bugs as well. I'd make sure you are taking a clean liquid multivitamin daily too. Nothing synthetic. I am teased a lot for being picky what I put in my body but it saved my life. It's helped me anxiety so much...

FEEL BETTER MAN! soak in that sun and BREATTTTTTTHE. :) 

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

I always hated when my mom made us put Vicks on our chest with a t-shirt and neck with a sock.

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Bend over Fish...😂😂😂

This made me think the Vicks is going somewhere other than the bottom of his feet...LOL

Sweat it out. Take Niacin just as your gonna pass out. ( or turn up the heat and put on some, full pajamas, socks, get sweaty!!)

Then load up on Gatorade,  Water and Pedialite pops when you wake up :) And Wash your bedding and towels. Bleach your toilet seat and Sink knobs.. Stuff your belly with a French Dip and sleep some more.( In clean bedding)

Works for me, (I can't afford to miss my real job due to sick days)

On 1/10/2018 at 6:30 PM, gr8owl said:

Close, very close!

On 1/10/2018 at 5:18 PM, Juanmotai said:

Has anyone else here had this stupid bug that's going around? If so, have you had any luck kicking it and what seemed to help you out the most? I've had this shit since the 2nd if this month and can't kick it. I went to urgent Care and they gave me a steroid inhaler and some prescription cough syrup, then told me that it's a virus and I was just going to have to ride it out. Just looking for some suggestions on home remedies that might help me kick this crap...  PLEASE HELP.. LOL

You feeling better?

This years flu bug is a nasty one. I got the flu on 12-23 and had a fever for 6 days and only today do I think all after-effects are finally gone. And this years flu shot (like all years) didn't do shit at protecting you from this years virus. 

Edited by madapples

That’s quite the a** kick. I’m sorry and stay well and warm.

Hot ACV this drink will pull the bug out of you.

Hot boiled water 6 to 8 once

2 TBS ACV

1 TBS raw honey 

1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder

Half a pinch of Cayenne pepper powder

Half a lemon squeezed in

(fresh lemon)

Make sure everything is well blended well and nice and hot. Sip this drink slowly. Breathe in the spicy smells...

I love the taste of this drink! Honestly I do! 💗💗

On 1/16/2018 at 9:22 AM, Laci French said:

You feeling better?

Yes, I'm finally getting over this. Took me 21/2 weeks to finally kick it.. but I'm semi-normalish now. :D

I missed this earlier unfortunately, but I will comment for the future and perhaps others. Go to Wally World and get a NeilMed neti pot. It's 15 bucks and comes with 50 packets of saline mix. Certainly other, better ones work too. When bugs come a calling, start using that a couple times a day. Cold-Flu-Sinus bugs set off histamine reactions, and the flood of mucus spreads the bug into throat, ears, lungs, stomach etc. Many of the replies given here are good also, but wash that crap out with the neti

2 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

I missed this earlier unfortunately, but I will comment for the future and perhaps others. Go to Wally World and get a NeilMed neti pot. It's 15 bucks and comes with 50 packets of saline mix. Certainly other, better ones work too. When bugs come a calling, start using that a couple times a day. Cold-Flu-Sinus bugs set off histamine reactions, and the flood of mucus spreads the bug into throat, ears, lungs, stomach etc. Many of the replies given here are good also, but wash that crap out with the neti

Great advice.  Neti pots are great for flushing out all the crud out of your sinuses.  You can even get powered neti pots for a power wash.

Some preventative measures for the flu:

1. Wash your hands (often) with soap.

2. At the grocery store, use the disinfectant wipes near the entrance. I pull up on them until I feel moisture. That way I'm sure I'm getting   good protection. One of the most germ laden items in the store is the handle of the shopping cart.

The old adage of "stuff a cold and starve a fever" is wrong. When you get a virus, it uses up energy. So you've got to keep your strength up.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=o-RgWrCqAcmkjwOU0J_gDg&q=how+long+can+the+flu+virus+live+on+a+surface&oq=how+long+can+the+flu+virus&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l10.8596.22533.0.26624.26.15.0.11.11.0.130.1621.0j15.15.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.26.1769...0i131k1.0.EmLB4JH42ys

I'm sure there are many others

Signature

PS. In many pictures of oriental cities, you see people with face masks. Sometimes I wonder if that's not a bad idea.

Edited by Johnboy#1
add

6 hours ago, Juanmotai said:

Yes, I'm finally getting over this. Took me 21/2 weeks to finally kick it.. but I'm semi-normalish now. :D

Happy to hear that sweet man.

I haven't had the flu this year, but did get pneumonia last summer.  That crap takes it out of you for a month or better.

4 hours ago, Johnboy#1 said:

Some preventative measures for the flu:

1. Wash your hands (often) with soap.

2. At the grocery store, use the disinfectant wipes near the entrance. I pull up on them until I feel moisture. That way I'm sure I'm getting   good protection. One of the most germ laden items in the store is the handle of the shopping cart.

The old adage of "stuff a cold and starve a fever" is wrong. When you get a virus, it uses up energy. So you've got to keep your strength up.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=o-RgWrCqAcmkjwOU0J_gDg&q=how+long+can+the+flu+virus+live+on+a+surface&oq=how+long+can+the+flu+virus&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l10.8596.22533.0.26624.26.15.0.11.11.0.130.1621.0j15.15.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.26.1769...0i131k1.0.EmLB4JH42ys

I'm sure there are many others

Signature

PS. In many pictures of oriental cities, you see people with face masks. Sometimes I wonder if that's not a bad idea.

It depends on how ugly they are.......:lol: