Laci French

Friendly reminder for newbies...please read

35 posts in this topic

Don’t spam providers with dm’s.  

Thank you!

I'm not quite a newbie, but I don't know what a dm is.  Please enlighten for my benefit and the newbies.

"DM" = "Direct Message". Twitter PM. "Dm" is becoming the generic term for any non-text message, ala "Kleenex" vs. "tissue". "Google" for using a search engine.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

14 minutes ago, NoCoGeezer said:

"DM" = "Direct Message". Twitter PM. "Dm" is becoming the generic term for any non-text message, ala "Kleenex" vs. "tissue". "Google" for using a search engine.

Thanks for clearing that up.😉 I must have a one twitter mind😂

Splenda daddy knows what I’m taking about😂

Edited by Laci French

3 hours ago, Laci French said:
Don’t spam providers with dm’s.  

Thank you!

Thank you! I mean it should be common sense. But thinking with the wrong head may cause some temporary thought process loss. ;)

And if I may add, Don't Blow Up Her Text Messages With "Are You Available." Every time she freaking posts. 

Hey you learn something new everyday haha. :) I’ve heard dm on twitter before and I thought they accidentally put D instead of P. And they meant PM. Which I guess they did! DM, PM, IM, got it! 

1 hour ago, Amber720 said:

Thank you! I mean it should be common sense. But thinking with the wrong head may cause some temporary thought process loss. ;)

And if I may add, Don't Blow Up Her Text Messages With "Are You Available." Every time she freaking posts. 

I agree, but PLEASE don't post unless you are available.  That alone would eliminate some of your "unwanted" communications.  Not "you" as Amber720, more like the community you.

21 minutes ago, mustang said:

I agree, but PLEASE don't post unless you are available.  That alone would eliminate some of your "unwanted" communications.  Not "you" as Amber720, more like the community you.

The ladies need to post even if they are not available so that they can schedule future appointments.

A lot.of guys need to schedule ahead and this let's them.look at advertising for the ladies.

What Laci is referring to is guys who constantly inundate ladies with dm's and waste their time.

1 hour ago, mustang said:

PLEASE don't post unless you are available.  

I like Many other ladies do NOT have the time or privacy due to Real life to Keep reposting every hour, So I PAY for AUTO POSTS. 

Even if you see the Ad with in Minutes , I still may not be available, I may have been booked immediately, It could be an Auto post. That is not considered Fault , Its called Advertising, whether it be in the Now or prebooking Advertising does not have or Require a set time unless You are a visitor..  

Just my 5 cents ;)

6 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

Just my 5 cents ;)

Jeez even $.02 has gone up? :P

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

The ladies need to post even if they are not available so that they can schedule future appointments.

A lot.of guys need to schedule ahead and this let's them.look at advertising for the ladies.

What Laci is referring to is guys who constantly inundate ladies with dm's and waste their time.

Hit it right on the head. And I dont think I've put in an ad title Available Now, especially when Im down south because my time fills up fast. 

There have been times I'll post a time in my ad title stating thats when I'll take appointments and I'll have that one guy who says "are you available" 45 minutes early. Ive screenshotted my clock and circle the time and ask if it was said time. And then I've ACTUALLY HAD SOMEONE RESPOND WITH "close enough" 

1 hour ago, mustang said:

Well if someone posts I'm Available now and then not really be available I can understand. I personally try and keep my times that I start and end appointment making. But I can understand. 

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

It's not my fault! ! They kept asking for change :/ 

5 hours ago, mustang said:

Always available for pre-booking. Often my ads are set to auto post, but include my availability within the body of the ad. Because I have an ad posted, does not mean that you can come on over in a few minutes. I don't know how in the hell we got into this wanting to visit in the next 15 minutes. Ugh!!!! That part was not directed at you mustang. I don't know your particular protocol.  It has gotten completely out of control though. Giving us time to prepare mentally, physically, emotionally, and not being rushed= a much better experience for y'all. 

The end...

5 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Inflation😭

4 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Always available for pre-booking. Often my ads are set to auto post, but include my availability within the body of the ad. Because I have an ad posted, does not mean that you can come on over in a few minutes. I don't know how in the hell we got into this wanting to visit in the next 15 minutes. Ugh!!!! That part was not directed at you mustang. I don't know your particular protocol.  It has gotten completely out of control though. Giving us time to prepare mentally, physically, emotionally, and not being rushed= a much better experience for y'all. 

The end...

I never take these conversations personally ...... unless you say my mother dresses me funny :}  I rarely want an appointment in" the next 15 minutes" but frequently for the same day.  My circumstance often forbids my making appointments very far ahead ...... when I do make appointments too far ahead, my circumstance will likely change and require a cancellation,  resulting in my getting a very thorough berating for not keeping an appointment.  Kind of puts guys like me (and others) in a tough spot. 

I haven't intiated messages or emails unless I was serious about booking.  I have found the reply rate all over the map, from minutes to weeks or not at all.  I don't want to spam anyone... Is there etiquette for sending a follow up message/email?  I'm newer and I assumed spamming was more referring to DM's that are not leading to an appointment but I'm not so sure now. Thanks for the help. 

2 hours ago, Traveller17 said:

I haven't intiated messages or emails unless I was serious about booking.  I have found the reply rate all over the map, from minutes to weeks or not at all.  I don't want to spam anyone... Is there etiquette for sending a follow up message/email?  I'm newer and I assumed spamming was more referring to DM's that are not leading to an appointment but I'm not so sure now. Thanks for the help. 

I'd consider this.  Send a message today.  If no response, send one more tomorrow following up.  If no response, that's all I'd send.  Unless they came back like a week later saying "in the hospital/family emergency/finally out of lockup"...

On 1/8/2018 at 2:22 PM, Amber720 said:

Yeah, because we post our ads when we are not available. LOL! Silly clients!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

10 hours ago, Traveller17 said:

I struggled with this because of how open I am and talkative and I think it got me in trouble a couple of times. I am still new as well but I would say just go with the flow and what feels right. I'm learning I got to meet in person first before engaging in more friendly conversation otherwise it just doesn't seem to work out well. I may have misunderstood this wrong after scrolling up.... Weasel has good advice there

Codeman, you are back!  Glad to see you, I thought you had wandered off.  Stick around, chat a bit, an opportunity will present itself eventually.

Edited by BadBoy

42 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Codeman, you are back!  Glad to see you, I thought you had wandered off.  Stick around, chat a bit, an opportunity will present itself eventually.

Hey! Yeah... I had that topic deleted and just decided to quiet down and go a little more incognito and learn a bit... I hope I didn't ruin my rep. Frustration levels have just been off the charts! But as it says by my name... Codeman is learning his way hehe

Edited by codeman

1 hour ago, codeman said:

I struggled with this because of how open I am and talkative and I think it got me in trouble a couple of times. I am still new as well but I would say just go with the flow and what feels right. I'm learning I got to meet in person first before engaging in more friendly conversation otherwise it just doesn't seem to work out well. I may have misunderstood this wrong after scrolling up.... Weasel has good advice there

So great to see you back!😘

44 minutes ago, Laci French said:

So great to see you back!😘

Thanks Laci! 

On 1/8/2018 at 0:02 PM, NoCoGeezer said:

Oh. See I thought it was a Dick Message. So it’s ok to spam with a dick message?

Right on.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Vassago said:

Oh. See I thought it was a Dick Message. So it’s ok to spam with a dick message?

Right on.

Thanks

Only if you use originality in the pics.😉

9 minutes ago, Laci French said:

So I guess the fuzzy eyebrows, horny rimmed glasses, & cigar don’t count? 😁

There’s always the Dick with the Dragon Tattoo.

Then there’s

(having trouble pasting an image of Tricky Dick Nixon)

Edited by Bit Banger

That counts towards originality!

Bit, put an avatar up.  

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Have to tie bow on it or top hat...maybe coat the dick in glitter?