After holidays motivation

8 posts in this topic

Does holidays being over make anyone else feel shitty? I have up and down feelings of just blah.  Waiting for my birthday hopefully then the winter holidays will be over. Yes my birthday is a holiday it's ground hogs day "super important," lol.  

Get out there and live large!  No need to wait for a holiday...life is calling so make sure you answer!  

Find things that interest you and throw yourself into the mix.  Have fun and stay warm!

Nope I’m usually happy when they’re over.  I don’t get holidays off and at work we’re usually busier during them.  Uncle Bob always tries to deep fry a frozen turkey or cousin Sally was late for the party and flipped her car 4x while texting everyone that she’d be late. 

I’d say start back with a routine and keep at it till you feel better.

34 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Get out there and live large! ... Find things that interest you and throw yourself into the mix.

This. 

Hit the gym. Hike. Go skiing, if only to hang out and have a hot toddy. Get out of town for the weekend. Hit a museum (believe Degas exhibit starts soon). Take a class. Catch a concert. Visit that restaurant you've been wanting to go to.

I'm with poster above: glad holidays are over. I love to be with family, and since we are all over 18, we don't exchange gifts, so no rushing around for the perfect gift. But, everyone else out there is out of their minds trying to get the perfect gift, have the house decorated just right, so the roads and stores are packed with frenzied people: their stress gets to me!

Also probably a younger age thing, especially New Years. Gotta have a date, if not, thoughts of why not. I have been so over NYE for probably two decades. These days, meet up with friends for a drink, then hunker down at home while Amateur Hour goes on outside. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning and get in a hike.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

For me the holidays are tough, filled with personal tragedies or reminders of lost loved ones.  They were augmented by bad weather this year, adding cabin fever to the mix. Family is scattered across the country. But the sun is starting to come out, and with it outdoor activities, like games & riding. 

I get a little sad around New Years believe it or not! Nothing horrible... but I don’t know what it is. I would say Laci nailed it though. :) 

The holidays can be very stressful no matter which one just have to look for the fun things in life and concentrate on those have fun with your friends and family don't stress over the little things

Could be a very common condition known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).  Look it up-  Its real.  Has to do with the shortness of the days.  But I heard yesterday that we have added some 8 minutes of daylight since December 21st.    Woo Hoo!