decafnaetd

No car! Ugh!

16 posts in this topic

So my car has been out of commission for a week. Will be down for at least 2 more. I feel trapped! I never realized how much of my freedom was associated with being able to just get up and go whenever I wanted. Try finding a provider in walking distance... That's not happening. First world problems, I know... But how do people live like this??? Ugh.

3 minutes ago, decafnaetd said:

Yes! I should rent the most mid-life crisisiest sports car I can find!

Image result for monster trucks

It may not seem like it, decafnaetd, but you should count your blessings:  Due to adult kids, need for a truck, need for a CJ Jeep, need for a tow vehicle, etc., I have eight cars and three motorcycles now.  Discount Tire gives me the fleet discount:rolleyes:   Usually can find one that will start, even if a couple are in the shop.  To answer the unasked question, yes, it sucks.  I fondly remember the days that I had one car and one motorcycle.  Looking forward to emptying the nest of vehicles in the near future.

Good thing we live in a state where transportation is everywhere. In my small hometown there was no bus or uber to get around. It was either your two feet or a bike if you lose access to a car.

3 hours ago, SabrinaLynn said:

Good thing we live in a state where transportation is everywhere. In my small hometown there was no bus or uber to get around. It was either your two feet or a bike if you lose access to a car.

Sounds a lot like where I grew up. Spent a lot of time on my bike.

On 12/28/2017 at 11:19 AM, BadBoy said:

It may not seem like it, decafnaetd, but you should count your blessings:  Due to adult kids, need for a truck, need for a CJ Jeep, need for a tow vehicle, etc., I have eight cars and three motorcycles now.  Discount Tire gives me the fleet discount:rolleyes:   Usually can find one that will start, even if a couple are in the shop.  To answer the unasked question, yes, it sucks.  I fondly remember the days that I had one car and one motorcycle.  Looking forward to emptying the nest of vehicles in the near future.

I’ll take door #1, the white BMW 😁

On 12/27/2017 at 7:06 PM, decafnaetd said:

So my car has been out of commission for a week. Will be down for at least 2 more. I feel trapped! I never realized how much of my freedom was associated with being able to just get up and go whenever I wanted. Try finding a provider in walking distance... That's not happening. First world problems, I know... But how do people live like this??? Ugh.

I totaled my car a few weeks ago and I feel your pain. I've been taking Uber everywhere but that can get expensive at times, and it's WAAYYYY to cold to utilize public transportation 🤦🏼‍♀️ Maybe if you can host, have a couple girls over for outcalls. If not I would say Uber is your best bet 😘 Hope you get your wheels back soon! 

Xoxo 

Cali Rose 🌹 

On 1/3/2018 at 4:01 PM, Cali Rose said:

I totaled my car a few weeks ago and I feel your pain. I've been taking Uber everywhere but that can get expensive at times, and it's WAAYYYY to cold to utilize public transportation 🤦🏼‍♀️ Maybe if you can host, have a couple girls over for outcalls. If not I would say Uber is your best bet 😘 Hope you get your wheels back soon! 

Xoxo 

Cali Rose 🌹 

Hosting is out, but hopefully I'll be back up and running in the next couple of days. It's just rough going from being able to go anywhere at any time, to relying on someone else. 

Hope you are ok after your accident!!

If you can't rent ... there's Lyft or Uber.

I used to wonder how anyone could afford Lyft and Uber, but now that I dont have registration or car payments, I understand!!!