Ask1231

How old are you guys?

101 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, pointymoustache said:

I may be the oldest here, not worth bragging about but at 80 I'm still active and had a wonderful encounter today with a Board regular. Review to come.

My hat is off to you.  At 80 I'll feel lucky to still be walking around 😂

1 hour ago, pointymoustache said:

I may be the oldest here, not worth bragging about but at 80 I'm still active and had a wonderful encounter today with a Board regular. Review to come.

You are a God among men, and an inspiration to us all!  I could tell you were mature, since your posts are always kind and positive, but 80, damn, man, good for you!

As far as I am concerned with the Hobby Most men  under 30 is too young for Adult Play. I hate being jack rabbited,faking an oral O and answering a million questions, EXPLAINING how a session works and how time is Paid for.. These are very common issues with younger Men in the hobby now days. I just avoid so We have the best time possible, This is an Older mans Sport and always has been IMO;) guys Under 30 should have No problem getting a free lay these days..  There are certain acceptable circumstances, but Those are far and few between these days.

43 and just got in the hobby a few months ago. Guess I still haven't grown up

It seems that most of us are over 40....and the majority over 50. I would say, that guys our age have mainly learned the most important DIFFERENCE between real estate and ladies. When it comes to real estate, it is smart to BUY....when it comes to ladies, it is smart to RENT. Takes some years to learn both.

9 hours ago, Admiral C said:

it is smart to RENT. 

Has been My motto since I started :)

Edited by Chrissy

When I was 23 I was raising 2 kids and working my a** off to make ends meet.  Double that and add 10 (yes it’s your math for the day!) and I’m at a place where I have disposable income to indulge myself but more importantly I think I have a better appreciation for the ladies here and the services they provide.  3G just isn’t what I want like it was when I was the ops age.  I’m just glad there are providers for us to see regardless of our age or style.  That said I still feel like I’m that 18 year old senior in high school it’s just my dads picture instead of the mirror I look at in the morning😉

On 12/26/2017 at 0:43 PM, Ask1231 said:

I’ve always wondered the average age of hobbyists  .

I’m 23

Might have been better in a poll vs open forum, but with the gents who posted their age (sans hooker math ages) I would've guessed the avg was over 55.  Kudos to you pointymustache!

I'm 53

On the flip side I wonder how old the ladies are on average.  I suppose hooker math is to add 5 years to stated age.

On 12/27/2017 at 9:01 PM, Chrissy said:

IMO;) guys Under 30 should have No problem getting a free lay these days.. 

Care to elaborate? I'm all ears. I'm in this age group BTW.

On 27.12.2017 at 3:40 AM, Happymon said:

When I was 23, if I couldn't hook up between the library and the time it closed or with one of a small handful of zipless playmates scattered about the campus, I just really didn't want to get laid that night.  

Go away and become normal.  Being here at 23 can't be a good thing.  

Much harder to get laid in college today compared to, say, 20 years ago. 

In the 80s and 90s:

She: Damn, my azz feels kinda tight, I know I was pretty smashed, but did you.....??????

You: .....:wub:

She: Ha, ha, ok, let's go and get some breakfast. 

Today:

She: Ok, I'm calling the cops.

Nowadays, you're more likely to end up as a hashtag and trending topic on Twitter. 

2 hours ago, 2Big said:

Much harder to get laid in college today compared to, say, 20 years ago. 

In the 80s and 90s:

It started slowing down 20 years ago.  I thought it was me.  I was talking 60's and 70's which apparently were the golden years for casual sex.  On the other hand, I had to walk 7 miles to school through the snow....  

As said before , You MAY be one of the exceptions mentioned earlier..

30 yr old Virgin, Shy as a panda, lack of confidence, commitment issues, pedastool issues , momma issues , Dads best "gift"?????

Hell if I know why You are paying for companionship Before the avge aged hobbyists . ????

Why don't you elaborate on why the youngEr gents are suddenly in the hobby?  As you said, You are one and to me that would mean you would-could know Better than us that are not ??

News Reports, Online Curiosity? Flowing funds? Word of Mouth?

All I am saying is, 

A 30-35 year-old hobbyist was a rare gig (unless bachelor party)10 years ago now it's about 3 out of 7 one on ones ???

Maybe times have changed?????

I go out to get laid if Not attaching the hobby to my personal life, or I even try odds at a relationship. I go out, Concerts, Bars, Parties ,friend hookups, airport ect ect. I meet many guys out with the exact same goal... Getting laid...

Got it. Not to go too off-topic, but my reason for being in the hobby is because its a lot of fun (obvious, I know) and as someone else pointed out, it is the fulfillment of a fantasy. Add to that a certain degree of reliability in terms of what we're going to get during the session and that certainty seals the deal. Not to generalize, but it is my opinion that a combination of curiosity, fantasy, certainty and variety that attracts us younger folk.

Just my $.02 worth, but back when I started lovemaking with civilians in the (late) 60s and through the 90s, it was easy to find gals that had the same interest as I did, which was, obviously, to get laid (Chrissy and I would have gotten along well).  It seems like it is much harder today, and I frankly chalk it up to the Goddamn cell phones and social media.

Back in the day, you had to get out of the basement to communicate with people, which inevitably meant you went out more.  If you go out more, you meet more people, and if you meet more people, you are more likely to run into a young lady with whom you share common interests (like fucking).  Today's youngsters miss out on all of that.  Probably good for the ladies, but I have no idea how a 30 year old can afford this sport.  When I was 30 I was lucky to have enough money to go bowling.

Well, anyway, this just goes to prove that no matter how much things change,  men will do whatever it takes to keep the little guy happy and occupied.  Just glad that I came of age during the glory days of the sexual revolution.

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Just my $.02 worth, but back when I started lovemaking with civilians in the (late) 60s and through the 90s, it was easy to find gals that had the same interest as I did, which was, obviously, to get laid (Chrissy and I would have gotten along well).  It seems like it is much harder today, and I frankly chalk it up to the Goddamn cell phones and social media.

Back in the day, you had to get out of the basement to communicate with people, which inevitably meant you went out more.  If you go out more, you meet more people, and if you meet more people, you are more likely to run into a young lady with whom you share common interests (like fucking).  Today's youngsters miss out on all of that.  Probably good for the ladies, but I have no idea how a 30 year old can afford this sport.  When I was 30 I was lucky to have enough money to go bowling.

Well, anyway, this just goes to prove that no matter how much things change,  men will do whatever it takes to keep the little guy happy and occupied.  Just glad that I came of age during the glory days of the sexual revolution.

There seems to be a prevailing thought of being in your 20s means you’re way to young while seemingly overlooking how much life a 20 something could have lived. I started at 28 after going through a divorce and being with my ex for a decade and not wanting to date or even go out on the prowl because emotionally I wasn’t ready yet still had urges.

As for income. I work in tech and fell into a nice niche tech market that’s put me at a great income level since getting out of college. Enough to buy a few houses in Boulder and not have to worry about finances. So things have changed tremendously since the 60s. 

3 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I have no idea how a 30 year old can afford this sport

Thankfully, this is one of the things I don't need to worry about. I suppose this is one of the few things that has gone our way since the 70s.

54 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

put me at a great income level since getting out of college

Similar story at my end.

Well it’s my opinion that men over 45 are better in bed. They learned how to slow down and enjoy the experience. Pleasing and not just getting off is more important and older guys appreciate our efforts. Just my professional observation after years of study. 

If you’re under 45, don’t take offense...just learn from the veterans on the board. And I’m turning 43 on Tuesday. I’m bad at regular math, so hooker math makes no sense to me. Not all of us lie about our age.

On 12/26/2017 at 0:43 PM, Ask1231 said:

I’ve always wondered the average age of hobbyists  .

I’m 23

Man, I know this is going to probably be taken harshly but it really isn't meant that way.  Just a mild dose of reality here for you.  If you are 23 and you are already a "hobbyist", you need to do some serious self-reflecting.  You need to get some friends who can help you be more social and learn how to interact with women.  Most of us hobbyists are married guys who partake because we don't have better options, other than risking having an affair and getting busted and losing half our stuff.  You are 23!!!  Get out there and meet women and do all the things for free that we as older hobbyists pay for now

3 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Well it’s my opinion that men over 45 are better in bed. They learned how to slow down and enjoy the experience. Pleasing and not just getting off is more important and older guys appreciate our efforts. Just my professional observation after years of study. 

If you’re under 45, don’t take offense...just learn from the veterans on the board. And I’m turning 43 on Tuesday. I’m bad at regular math, so hooker math makes no sense to me. Not all of us lie about our age.

But even this is still a generalization. And I'm not knocking why you say it, but still I wouldn't go so far as to say someone is better or worse. I think it's just two different things happening. I'm going to generalize as well so bear with me. :) From my perspective I'm not looking to make a connection, or looking for comfort, or that special intimacy or really any of the things some my older counterparts are attempting since they're married and not getting it at home. I treat all with respect so i'm not just going in and beating the walls in unless that's what she likes; however, i think we're just in different places in terms of what we're looking for out of encounters. 

So I'd say the better advice is find providers, and clients, that match your needs more than simply learning from one particular group. 

I thought I was too old to be on TOB. I feel better now as most of you guys are in my age group. 55-65. Thank God most of the ladies are senior friendly.

1 hour ago, Skg said:

I thought I was too old to be on TOB. I feel better now as most of you guys are in my age group. 55-65. Thank God most of the ladies are senior friendly.

What a bunch of old farts, I'm sure happy to be younger than that. :D

30 minutes ago, boink36 said:

What a bunch of old farts, I'm sure happy to be younger than that. :D

Hehehe ;)

To be serious for a moment, in some strange and convoluted way, I feel that this hobby (I hate this word in this context!) has made me realize how important it is to find that special someone and ensure that the spark never fades away. I am single and I cannot imagine doing this when being in a relationship or being committed to someone. There is a lot more nuance in what I'm trying to say but I'd rather not write a ton here. In short, I cannot imagine doing this when having that special someone in my life. Perhaps the older folks may scoff at this idea and say its naive etc but I don't think its impossible.

That is just my reasons for doing this and I hope everyone understands that I do not mean to undermine any of your behavior.

Now, off to explore the situation downtown this NYE!