Lolaababii

Bars in Denver

37 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Its Dazzle,not Dazzled. haven't been there in awhile.Thought the place was too overpriced  vs the other jazz clubs. Did see that they moved from 930 Lincoln to 1512 Curtis. Will have to check out the new location.Sure hope the acoustics are better. the Lincoln location was horrible to photograph events in.

Lol leave it to JR to get the spelling/name right...😀😀

I was with a group of ladies have a great time. I think the new location was better. The music played was background jazz.~ Kind of like the stuff I play for my clients. I really like that the entrance is easy access in and out. Easy enough to push a wheelchair around in. Planning on taking my parents would make a nice anniversary gift for my parents. Wishing to take them there is what I am aiming for in Jan. They have those cafe (tall tables) in the front and towards the back area there is many lower dinner tables to sit at.  I loved the art deco tile on the floor. t

That caught my eyes! Along with all the records of jazz they have displayed to thumb through and pictures... I love that period of time (1920's). 😀😀

On 12/20/2017 at 2:56 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

The music played was background jazz.~ Kind of like the stuff I play for my clients.

You just talked me out of going. I like jazz that is arresting,daring..that you can't take your ears off of. Not the background elevator muzak that is barely noticeable .

10 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

You just talked me out of going. I like jazz that is arresting,daring..that you can't take your ears off of. Not the background elevator muzak that is barely noticeable .

Then go to the shows that promote that. Remember I went with my group of lady friends to sit and gab have a brunch and go see Nutcracker. 

Next time I go to Dazzels it will be for great live entertainment I am sure. One of the links I posted gave a schedule of up coming events. JR go and enjoy yourself I am sure you will if you love real Jazz. 

Not at Dazzels but long ago I did see Dave Brubeck and his sons play live...I could tell you more about that possibly in private P.M....No no nothing sexual. Hahaha!! Pure beautiful entertainment!😂😂

11 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Not to shill for Dazzle, but it actually has a mix of talent.  On some nights, it's pretty standard elevator-music jazz, but some nights they have really tremendous talent.  A lot of really good locals, and some really top-tier traveling jazz artists play at Dazzle, you just need to do your research and read the reviews (sound familiar?).

Also, as long as I am borderline-shilling, Dazzle features a killer Sunday morning all-you-can-eat brunch featuring jazz vocal groups (a bit more on the elevator-music side, but hey, it's during breakfast).  It is very reasonably priced and due to that, the diversity of diners is really fun.  If you are tired of shrimp and lobster brunches frequented by nothing but rich, old white people, give it a try - great food, great variety, no lobster, good music.  It would be the perfect place to take a date after a passionate Saturday night.

18 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Not to shill for Dazzle, but it actually has a mix of talent.  On some nights, it's pretty standard elevator-music jazz, but some nights they have really tremendous talent.  A lot of really good locals, and some really top-tier traveling jazz artists play at Dazzle, you just need to do your research and read the reviews (sound familiar?

Your ever so mild mannered reporter used to cover the Jazz and Blues scene for Colorado Music Buzz (among others ) . I'm very familiar with the local and national act scene. ( Have tons of demo CDs and press releases ) As stated earlier the Lincoln location just sucked for taking pix. Looked at the schedule and am a huge fan of the Delta Sonics,however they tend to tame down their act for Dazzle on Lincolns vs the blues venues in town. Some of the local jazz acts always told me to check them out elsewhere as the management requested they play softer.  Much prefer Jazz At Jacks and Soiled Dove for good jazz. Maybe when I return from Vegas I'll check out the new Dazzle.  Yes, I don't just write about the adult video industry. (oops..sorry mods..just shilled myself )

19 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Not at Dazzels but long ago I did see Dave Brubeck and his sons play live...I could tell you more about that possibly in private P.M..

YOU"RE THE ONE THEY TALKED ABOUT ??????  

4 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

YOU"RE THE ONE THEY TALKED ABOUT ??????  

No I don't think those musician's would be talking about me.