Lolaababii

Bars in Denver

37 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Lolaababii said:

Hey any of guys know of any cool bars in Denver area that are hiring cute bartenders? :)

Yes,but not at your advertised/profile page age of....20 !!!

I guess I thought you only had to be 18 to serve alcohol.

Someone I know worked at a local franchise restaurant that served beer and wine. He was 18 at the time.This WAS 14 years ago though.

36 minutes ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

I guess I thought you only had to be 18 to serve alcohol.

Someone I know worked at a local franchise restaurant that served beer and wine. He was 18 at the time.This WAS 14 years ago though.

When I was 18, slightly more than 14 years ago ;) . I worked at a steak and lobster restaurant and was not allowed to touch any glass with alcohol in it,let alone serve it. Did have a hot girlfriend at the time that worked at a 3.2 bar and she was allowed to pour and serve 3.2 beer,but that was back in the time when it was legal for an 18 yr old to buy 3.2 beer and communicate by smoke signals instead of cell phones.

The way I read it, 18 for minimum age. But as JRWolfe points out, lots of places will not hire anyone under 21 to play it safe (ie. Minimize chances of someone selling to their underage friends).

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/enforcement/liquor-frequently-asked-questions

And if I'm not mistaken, some cities/towns have different requirements: I was always under the impression that Denver was 21 to serve?

5 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Not entirely true. 

Malt, vinous and spirituous liquor may be handled, dispensed, or sold (this includes wait staff and bartenders) by anyone who is at least 18 years of age and under the on-premises supervision of a person who is at least 21 years of age with the following EXCEPTIONS: in Taverns (which do not regularly serve meals) and Retail Liquor Stores, malt, vinous and spirituous liquor may only be sold by persons who are at least 21 years of age. A person of any age may bus tables or handle empty alcohol beverage containers. A person must be 21 years of age to possess, purchase or consume beer, wine or spirits.

1 minute ago, JoDoe27 said:

Not entirely true. 

Malt, vinous and spirituous liquor may be handled, dispensed, or sold (this includes wait staff and bartenders) by anyone who is at least 18 years of age and under the on-premises supervision of a person who is at least 21 years of age with the following EXCEPTIONS: in Taverns (which do not regularly serve meals) and Retail Liquor Stores, malt, vinous and spirituous liquor may only be sold by persons who are at least 21 years of age. A person of any age may bus tables or handle empty alcohol beverage containers. A person must be 21 years of age to possess, purchase or consume beer, wine or spirits.

There you have it!:)

Again, yes I know bars that are hiring, but the ones I know refuse to hire anyone under 21.Mostly because they do not serve food.

16 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Again, yes I know bars that are hiring, but the ones I know refuse to hire anyone under 21.Mostly because they do not serve food.

Lets not forget hooker math. if her posted age is 20 that would put her at early to mid 30's. :D

1 hour ago, boink36 said:

Lets not forget hooker math. if her posted age is 20 that would put her at early to mid 30's. :D

Unfortunately, hooker math does not always apply.  Personal experience:  I usually am comfortable booking someone advertising 19 as her age, knowing she is really 23 to 25 years old (confirmed by subsequent pillow-talk conversations).  However, last week I booked with someone who advertised 19, and ended up being actually 19, and actually looked even younger (there were no face shots in her photos).  Damn, I felt kinda out of place - nice girl, but I was really uncomfortable the whole time.  Think I'll stick to the 30 and 40 year olds from now on (i.e., those who advertise as being 27 B) ).

11 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Asking for a friend :) 

3 hours ago, boink36 said:

But who said mathematician admit that ?? ;)

Reme.bet Hearthrobs??? That bubblegum drink oh man! Way too sweet. Lots of fun memories. 

The Proof is in the Pudding

After the Gold Rush 

All used to be fun spots back in the days. Doubt any are around anymore. Hahaha! Crazy fun!!!

My age is showing don't give a damn!

🐸🐸🍻🍻😂😂🎉🎉🍹🍹

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Reme.bet Hearthrobs??? That bubblegum drink oh man! Way too sweet. Lots of fun memories. 

After the Gold Rush 

All used to be fun spots back in the days. Doubt any are around anymore. Hahaha! Crazy fun!!!

🐸🐸🍻🍻😂😂🎉🎉🍹🍹

After the Gold Rush is long gone, Proof Of The Pudding was a lot of fun in the 80s.There is a facebook page for the Proof Of The Pudding,but it hasn't been touched in two years.The pix show a huge change and...a crummy one at that.Doubt its the same club.

6 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

After the Gold Rush 

🐸🐸🍻🍻😂😂🎉🎉🍹🍹

Mardi Gras, Denver Denver, NEO's, Gadgets, Thirsty's  .... yes, our age is showing ... and we LOVE it!

Sorry I possibly got those names wrong...glad you old time Denver people remember! Kind of a retrograde moment yesterday! 

Teddy's was great and Star's...and that place on 44th ( Wheat Ridge). 

Go to sleep at 9 pm not much of a party girl anymore. 😂😂

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

19 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

After the Gold Rush 

🐸🐸🍻🍻😂😂🎉🎉🍹🍹

Rock Island???

14 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

Kali,   Stars in Cherry Creek?    With Jimmy ?

Out of points Petey!

Ya lots of crazy boogie going on remember?! You had to really dance to enjoy that place. Most I remember was the staircase from hell to get in and out. Huge bottle neck of traffic😂😂  Hopefully I have the same memories as you Petey? It could have been downtown? 

I had a group of about 12 or so party friends I hung out with back in those days!  As a mix bag of crazies we would frequent the fun, ( at the time) "younger crowd" Denver adventure! Only in touch with 1 of those friends now. Everyone else went **proof** 

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Sorry I possibly got those names wrong...glad you old time Denver people remember! Kind of a retrograde moment yesterday! 

Teddy's was great and Star's...and that place on 44th ( Wheat Ridge). 

Go to sleep at 9 pm not much of a party girl anymore. 😂😂

Which place on 44th ?? There were..and are..several.

Across town...there were several great 3.2 clubs...Godfather, Mr Luckys (or was that over 21 ? )  and Sam's on Lookout Mountain was a lot of fun.

Getting slightly back on subject, the majority of strip clubs want their servers to be over 21. But a cute 20 something could serve pop and coffee at all the all nude "pop shop" strip clubs.

Yes you had to be over 21 At least  I am pretty sure? I ran with the older crowd. Mind you, younger at the time but you are right you needed to be 21 to drink. I went to college on the Western slope. So 3.2 bar days where played out on the Western slope and honestly I seldom left campus. 

Hopefully you can tell the younger group where the fun places are these days JR! 

Mercury is in retro. So,I am  sorry my mind was taking a trip down memory lane. Notice with a few of these topics I have been taking the old memory jog. 

https://www.almanac.com/content/mercury-retrograde

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

23 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

After the Gold Rush 

🐸🐸🍻🍻😂😂🎉🎉🍹🍹

Yeah your age n Denver is aboutwhat mine is, but your body and actins don't show as anything but HOT!

2 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Hopefully you can tell the younger group where the fun places are these days JR! 

I haven't had a drink in several decades,but as a mild mannered concert reporter,I do know the clubs with the best live music !!

1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

I haven't had a drink in several decades,but as a mild mannered concert reporter,I do know the clubs with the best live music !!

Dazzeled,  has the best Jazz and brunch to die for! https://store.dazzledenver.com/EventTicket/Search

https://dazzledenver.com/urban-brunch/ 

Trust me in saying it was worth the 25.00 price tag for the Sunday brunch. 

2 hours ago, pointymoustache said:

Yeah your age n Denver is aboutwhat mine is, but your body and actins don't show as anything but HOT!

You turn me on too Pointy! Enjoy you a great deal!  Being with you is like the love of attending the Symphony  Pointy! We have made music a few times! :wub: 

I loved Lannie's Cabaret in the Clocktower, but don't know how it is doing these days.  It's been a few years since I made it to the Cabaret but, damn, I do love to see Lannie Garrett put it down.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, Lolaababii said:

Hey any of guys know of any cool bars in Denver area that are hiring cute bartenders? :)

Ummm, every single one of them B)

Mr Lucky's, My Sweet Lass, Sportspage, Bobby Mcgees.  Really showing my age. Sober now.

15 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I loved Lannie's Cabaret in the Clocktower, but don't know how it is doing these days.  It's been a few years since I made it to the Cabaret but, damn, I do love to see Lannie Garrett put it down.

Lannie sold out her share of the Clocktower business a few years ago. Its still in business and has the best burlesque. Will have to look at her website to see where she is performing next. Agree that she is a helluva performer,first saw her sing at a piano bad in Larimer Square back in the 70s.

16 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Dazzeled,  has the best Jazz and brunch to die for! https://store.dazzledenver.com/EventTicket/Search

https://dazzledenver.com/urban-brunch/ 

Trust me in saying it was worth the 25.00 price tag for the Sunday brunch. 

Its Dazzle,not Dazzled. haven't been there in awhile.Thought the place was too overpriced  vs the other jazz clubs. Did see that they moved from 930 Lincoln to 1512 Curtis. Will have to check out the new location.Sure hope the acoustics are better. the Lincoln location was horrible to photograph events in.